What do you/don't you want to see in the new film?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Jedi_Master, Nov 5, 2015.

1. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

By "new film", I'm going to assume we mean "new trilogy"

Wanted:
    Movies at least as good as any in the OT.
    Lots of cool new ship designs, and re-canon-ization of the TIE Defender if possible.
    Thrawn and Mara Jade in some form that respects their EU versions even if they don't follow to the letter - and this can be as minor or major a part of the films as is appropriate, even the briefest cameo or mention.
    Planets that aren't monoclimatic.

Not Wanted:
    Jar Jar
    Ewoks
    Unfunny "comedy" BS like most of Jar Jar's schtick.
    Freakin' TATOOINE for anything more than the VERY briefest of scenes. I HATE Tatooine. Boring armpit of a planet that has been visited enough in the two trilogies. C'mon, people - there's a whole *galaxy* there.

(And truthfully, I'll even take Jar Jar and/or Ewoks if they're done really, really well - maybe even in a way that redeems their previous appearances somewhat. :D )

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want to see many different ships and a space battle. I don't want to see forced drama like we got with Hayden Christiansen.

3. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Lots of people are speculating that Luke only shows up at the very end for a quick scene, but I think that Mark Hamill probably filmed much more than a quick scene. I'm hoping to have him show up in the final act, or maybe act 3.

I want to be fully immersed in the universe, 30 years later, with a feeling of being whisked away, similar to what ESB gives me whenever I watch it. Looks like we'll be good on that front.