Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Danoz, Jan 6, 2013.
Thank you, and good luck to you too!
My only real plan for this year is to allow myself to go on a real vacation...which I'm doing in March, so yay!
Where ya going?
I don't have any huge plans for the year...just general ones that I fully intend to make happen. I just want to do things that make me healthy and happy. I have neglected this in the past (too worried about what other people thought I should be doing or where I should be at this point in my life).
I just intend to eat better, exercise more, and do fun things with my husband. I have been letting go of the "people pleaser" aspect of my personality over the years...this year I plan to vanquish more of it!
Have a healthy and happy New Year everyone!
Happy and healthy sounds fantastic!
Ah, hell, mac would never do that to us. Would she?
What are you studying? I wish I had experienced more of Chicago while I was there.
Haha, I read that in High School. Reading Randian ideas wrapped up in subpar science fiction is about equal with "root canal" and "emergency appendectomy" on my wishlist. If you're up to writing, I've found NanoWriMo and the summer equivalent to be instrumental motivators in moving along my fiction-writing hobby. Great community!
I hear ya. Just got out of a 2 year relationship, had a 4 year relationship in high school, a broken engagement out of college... I'm so burned out... but seems to come with my inability to stay in one place for very long. Good luck, man!
I'll have to send you a picture . Great experience. He came by headquarters the day after the election to meet campaign staff.
You are the sempai! Good position to be in . How is Japan treating you? I left in August for good.
I'll be in New York or D.C. -- keep me in the loop, easy commute!
Psychology. I'd like to do some sort of counseling eventually. I miss Chicago but I like the independence of being out here.
I've actually not been yet, my sister went there to Sendai in 2008 and she's decided to make it her home. Especially after meeting her now husband. My parents and younger sister went last year to see visit her. The plan was to go there this coming fall the the actual ceremony, but his mother has suddenly remembered that she's Buddhist and opposed the Shinto temple. So maybe they'll have one here in Sweden this summer.
Cool! I'll probably make a meet-up thread in the proper section when I know the exact dates.
One of my favorite places. Enjoy!
Get laid more. And meet more people. These two will probably work together in some way.
2012 (particularly the end of the year) ended up being a little more significant than I had anticipated, and has set up some potentially interesting (and hopefully positive) things for 2013.
- Moving. I've been pretty miserable in my current home (plagued by poor building construction and plumbing problems) so I am going to sell and move into a new apartment. I've already got a new place with my name on it. Just waiting for construction to finish and then I'll sign a lease and get the keys to my new digs. So February looks like it'll be full of cleaning, painting, packing, moving, unpacking, etc.
- New car. Silly, insignificant and not even remotely important, I suppose. But damnit I want a new car and I will reward myself with one as soon as I have sold my (current, soon to be old) property.
- New job? It's a question mark and there's no guarantee of success but it's something that I am going to put a lot of energy into, particularly in the second half of the year after the above goals have been achieved.
- Vacation to England. I've been twice before but this time it sounds like the entire family is going. That could be... interesting.
- Medication! In December, I visited a psychiatrist to get medicated for generalized anxiety. The prescription I'm on now is okay - not horrible, not great - so hopefully we'll figure out the right drug(s) for me and I'll begin to lead an anxiety-free life for the first time in... well... ever.
- Make myself happy. All of the goals listed above contribute to this overarching goal of leading a happier life. Do the things that I want to do and the things that I need to do to make me a better, happier person.
I've never been, but I'm pumped.
Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself.
Been on my list for every new year for so long I don't even think of it. It's sort of part of my standard agreement with myself for the coming year. Has worked...moderately well. At least I've actually gotten to know some new people over the last year and will try and keep that up in the coming year.
Or I could just follow up on my threat before the (very anticlimactic) Apocalypse a few weeks ago and just arrange an orgy.
I met so many awesome new people last year that I honestly don't want to meet too many more this year. Too much to juggle.
I could stand to get laid more, though, considering it's been...way longer than I care to say.
Good luck on that, and I mean it.
I spent 5 minutes thinking about this and realized I'm at exactly the same place I was this time last year, with exactly the same hopes and plans none of which have budged one bit. Fuck.
Get on it! Right now!
Separate names with a comma.