What are you watching???

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by HaventGotALife, Feb 15, 2014.

1. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I have to re-watch it every couple of years.

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Now 20% less crazy! Premium Member

Best deeply-stupid fight EVAR! :lol:

XCV330 likes this.
  3. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

some new additions for Tamarian translators:

Nada and Frank in the alley, their fists held high.

Frank, the glasses on his head.

Nada out of bubblegum.

Livsglede and Commander Troi like this.
  4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Squeezed in Ghostbusters: Afterlife last night (Enjoyed it) and an now trying Scott Pilgrim (First time I've seen it)

Commander Troi and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  5. dupersuper

dupersuper Commodore Commodore

About to watch Magnum PI, then some classic Who and a heaping helping of Youtube.

6. Commander Troi

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

7. urrutiap

urrutiap Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Right now on NBC on tv theyre showing an old episode of Saturday Night Live from
    December 1995 hosted by David Alan Gier. the one with the funny Weather Man skit where they go crazy and the Weather Man's head gets torn off by Will Ferrel

8. John Clark

Checking out a film called Bushwick.

9. Livsglede

Livsglede Ensign Red Shirt

Watched the film "Mother/Android" on Netflix. I watched it on fast forward hoping to get to sooner to better parts, but they never came. It's about a woman trying to get to a safe place to have a child in after an android rebellion. Didn't see a good plot there, characters are flat, I don't get why androids rebelled (we can assume, but there are films and series that show that better). All in all, I don't see why the film was made at all.
    The good point for me was that I decided to read R.U.R. by Karel Čapek, a book they mention in the film.

10. Commander Troi

At least something good came of it! :lol: I read R.U.R. in high school - so good and so important to SF history!

We're watching Die Hard. Hubby's birthday is tomorrow, so he gets to pick. :D I remember when this came out and a friend told me to see it because the bad guys were actually *not stupid*! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    XCV330 likes this.
  11. Commander Troi

We watched Addams Family 2, the most recent animated one. It was pretty funny. It was also pretty relatable: Wednesday wonders if she's actually from another family (I remember wondering that) and Gomez bundles them on a family vacation because he feels like he's losing his daughter and wants to get closer to her. Also, the graphics were *gorgeous*.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Girl from Tomorrow.

When this aired, it was about two cute older women having a gritty adventure through time space and Australia.

31 years later its about two idiot children doing a syfy panto with home made special effects.

13. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Rented "Free Guy" the other evening on Amazon. What a fun popcorn romp. Really enjoyed it.

Watched the 4th. episode of 1883 last night on Paramount+. Excellent episode and an excellent series, highly recommended...

Q2

14. John Clark

The finale of Dexter tonight

15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched the Burton "Dark Shadows" last night for the first time. I wasn't expecting much and it didn't even rise to that. It seemed less like an actual Tim Burton film and more like a third string TV director's attempt to rip off a Tim Burton film.

16. galleywest

galleywest I'll get you, and your little dog too! Premium Member

Just watched the first new episode of Antiques Roadshow. I'm glad it's back, but I don't like the new setup very much. Maybe I'll get used to it, though.

Also finished watching Dalgliesh. I really enjoyed these! The early 80s setting there me for a loop, being something that is truly familiar to me that's now presented in a nostalgic light. This one will be a staple for me, though--some good acting and interesting stories.

Next up: All Creatures Great and Small reboot season 2, Vienna Blood, and Around the World in 80 Days.

17. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Giving 1883 a shot on P+

18. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

It takes an episode or two to get hooked. It's very good, stick with it. Four episodes have been released to date, episode 4 is very strong. Very good production values, writing is OK and the characters are pretty well drawn up.

Q2

19. Commander Troi

We watched the rest of the Marvel Rising animated specials we had on the computer. I love Squirrel Girl. :hugegrin:

dupersuper likes this.
  20. dupersuper

dupersuper Commodore Commodore

I didn't get back to classic Who, but I watched Magnum PI, Center Seat: 55 Years of Star Trek, QI (xl), Bob's Burgers and Family Guy, and finished season 1 of MODOK, and season 4 of Clone Wars (plus season 5 episode 1), a few Big Hero 6 episodes, an episode each of Helstrom, Locke & Key and Sweet Tooth (still slowly picking away at these), several episodes of Arrested Development season 4 (a refresher before I watch season 5 for the first time), an old Golden Girls episode in memory of Betty White and a Star Trek rerun (The Ascent).