What are you watching???

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by HaventGotALife, Feb 15, 2014.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

That might have something with the showrunner leaving and Amazon, stupidly, never replaced him. Which is why season 3 was delayed to fit their number 1 show.

Riverside2233 likes this.
  2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Castle Rock Episode 1 - A bit slow, and with a subplot or two I'm not feeling [articularly invested in, but it was interesting and has enough going for it for me to watch a few more episodes before formi ng an opinion.

Curse of Chucky

This is a pretty decent movie, with a somewhat annoying resolution (to me, at least). Its definitely a step up from the last Chucky movie I saw (Bride of Chucky, I never bothered with Seed of Chucky), and overall its an enjoyable enough film. I'll definitely check out the sequel.

3. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Mission impossible III (a Tom Cruise season on Sky he must have a new movie out)

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Not strictly sure where this fits... But I didn't think a new thread was worth it.

I saw "Skyscraper" yesterday afternoon. Dwayne Johnson does his version of Die Hard/Towering Inferno.

It was... Okay.

Really, the only reason to see it is for Dwayne Johnson. Neve Campbell does a good job in it too. The story? Eh, it's *almost* Die Hard... but lacks some of the clarity from the villains. The villain is after a flash-drive because the building's owner has information on him on it. (Used as leverage to help finance the building.) Other than a couple set pieces and stuff there's almost no reason for this to be set in an ultra-high tech building that's nearly 250 stories tall. It could be a "regular" skyscraper" and not much would change.

Fun watch. Probably worth a Netflix watch.

5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Jigsaw

This was ok. Better then Saw VII or Saw I, at least. Worth a watch if you like the other Saw sequels, but if you don't like them then there is no reason to watch. The traps are just ok, and while I care about the story of Saw this entry, while decent, isn't exactly essential and its definitely not going to interest people who don't care about the story at all.

6. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I liked it.

I honestly thought for a moment that this was an homage / remake of The Towering Inferno. I'd love a real remake to that set in the present with a building like the one in TTI.

I also saw Rampage and I had fun with that. I don't understand critics. I had a lot of fun watching that one.

7. bigdaddy

I just watched Extinction on Netflix. It was awful. Netflix needs to just stop making movies, they are all so fucking bad.

8. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty much:)

We're just back from the latest Mission: Impossible flick and I thought that was ok. Now, it's Shades of Blue.

Trekker4747 likes this.
  9. bigdaddy

The second Netflix Godzilla movie wasn't that great. I'm no longer looking to the last part.

10. Trapper Keeper

Trapper Keeper Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sherlock on Netflix

11. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Stargate Atlantis, in preparation for Aquaman

12. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

After being on a TV kick for a while with blitzing through Hill Street Blues and the first four seasons of NYPD Blue on Hulu (the latter of which is in widescreen, all the way back to the first season!), I've shifted to a movie kick. In the past week I've watched:

Music and Lyrics (DVD)
    Incredibles II (in the theater)
    The King's Speech (Netflix)
    RoboCop (original film, on DVD)
    Enchanted (DVD)

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The original Robocop is just good watching.

I've been re-watching DS9 on DVD the last few days too, about mid-way through Season 3. It's been okay, been a long time since I've really watched through it instead of some random episode that entered my mind. As I've said in my DS9 forum thread, a lot of it just feels dull and dry and I'm not a big fan of the "war arc" but there's still some good episodes here and there.

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Swung back around to Supergirl. Watched three episodes with my wife last night, putting us midway through season two.

It is a fun and sweet show. Which usually isn't my thing, but somehow Supergirl makes it all work.

1001001 likes this.
  15. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I binged Chuck all afternoon yesterday. I'm now at the beginning of Season 4.

16. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I liked the first and I'm just starting on season two of it now:)

Riverside2233 likes this.
  17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"Bell Book and Candle" with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak.

auntiehill likes this.
  18. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I've been working my way through a re-watch of Game of Thrones. Skipped a few episodes in season 4 though (snooze....). Just finishing up the final few episodes on season 7, probably tonight. Seasons 1-3 were strong, season 4 though the first half a season 5 seamed to drag. Season 6 and 7 rocked!

19. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

The Piglet Files

Deserved more than three series...

BBC comedy never got any better than in the early-1990s...

20. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

And after that marathon...

Back when television was FUN. Why FOX changed the format in season 3 to "rip off the movie of the week", I will never know...

auntiehill and Trekker4747 like this.