Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. stellamaris

stellamaris Cadet Newbie

about that... I have no idea. But would love my son to become at least TNG fan later ;-)

Klaa2 likes this.
  2. stellamaris

stellamaris Cadet Newbie

(I understand your question as questioning the possibility of anybody completely new to fall in love with Voyager;)

Klaa2 likes this.
  3. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, yes, because it’s a tired, bland spin-off from the 1990s without even an HD master. I could watch V: The Series for completeness, but would I become a fan? Not likely in the context of so much great TV out there. ”Welcome new fans of The X-Files!”, absolutely, especially with so many of the writers creating their own memorable shows later on, such as Breaking Bad or Homeland. But VGR?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  4. Astra

Astra Captain Captain

Yes, there are. Guess it's time to show my face.

I'm watching the show right now for the very first time and enjoying myself immensely. I seriously hadn't expected that.

I know I am very late to the party. I grew up in East Germany in a place where we could not watch West German TV so there was no Enterprise in my childhood. And later I thought it's too late to watch it.

It was only with the new movies that I watched TOS in 2015 and fell in love with it immediately, but still had no interest to check out all the other Trek series. It's the same with Doctor Who, it's impossible to catch up with 50 years of canon. Not only on screen but also all the books and audio plays and comics, whatever.

But now, after reading so many comparisons to Trek episodes in the Orville episode discussions, I finally decided to educate myself. German TV is doing a re-run right now and so I watch an hour of Voyager a day.

I seriously don't know what happened but maybe a slow dated show with simple stories that have a happy ending and some humor (I always love when there is humor in my sci-fi - looking at you, SG-1) is exactly what is needed during these dark times. It's an hour that gets me away from any news, into different worlds, and it's very relaxing.

And after that one certain episode I guess I am also a shipper now, at least I started to read lots of fanfictions.

I'm at the beginning of season 3, yesterday the Doc sang operas and became forgetful. So I have lots ahead of me yet. Already dreading the "there's not much of Chakotay anymore" years.

I don't drink coffee either.

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  5. B'elanna_Torres

B'elanna_Torres Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm definitely not a new Voyager fan but I am new to the forum (still within my first 14 days).

I look forward to posting plenty in this particular section of the forum!

Lt. J'Korta, Klaa2 and Thomas Eugene like this.
  6. Lt. J'Korta

Lt. J'Korta Ensign Red Shirt

Hello! I'm new to these forums! I grew up on TNG and I love DS9 and VOY. I'm re-watching VOY and DS9 on Netflix these days and since I've deactivated my Facebook and Twitter accounts, this seems like the best place to discuss Trek stuff! Live long and prosper!

Thomas Eugene and Klaa2 like this.
  7. Tribble Threat

Tribble Threat Commander Red Shirt

Welcome aboard!

Lt. J'Korta likes this.
  8. Lt. J'Korta

Lt. J'Korta Ensign Red Shirt

Thanks!

9. VoyagerSeason8

VoyagerSeason8 Ensign Newbie

Hi there, I'm the writer of podcast that's dedicated to a season 8 of Voyager that could have and should have happened. I hope to seek insight into what this community thinks about the show and maybe incorporate some wants into the story I'm writing.

10. Court_Vince

Court_Vince Commander Red Shirt

Welcome to the board!