Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome jimoinj. :)

2. Kes2370

Kes2370 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

hi all

ive just joind, im Kes (no surprises who after) im 8 and half wks pregnant,im 25, and have been a voyager fan since it first aired. My family are all Trek fans, (mad or what?)

Kes

3. Copernicus

Copernicus Cadet Newbie

Hey all, brand new poster... long time lurker/reader. Huge Trek fan. My father started me on the original series when I was little. I remember all the fanfare and high expectations when TNG started in the media and we quickly took to it. It took me a while to get use to DS9, though in defense I hadn't really started watching it and getting into it until a few years back. Voyager, though came along and I just fell in love with it. The characters, the premise, the acting, the stories... it just offered something that opened up the Trek universe even more so in my mind.

People that know me well always ask what my favorite Trek is (which is like asking me what my favorite Beatles or Dylan song is... depends on the day), and sometimes I have to take a hard swallow before answering, but in terms of what I've sat down and watched and continue to watch... it's Voyager. Just wanted to jump into the peanut gallery and throw my two cents around and hopefully meet some folks just as seemingly obsessed with the Trek universe (with a Voyager predilection of course) as I am.

4. Vinkula

Vinkula Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi all :)

I am new here as you can see. I have been Star Trek fan 4 years now and my favourite show is Voyager :) My favourite is Capt. Janeway :)

I'm 15 years old boy from Finland, where Star Trek is almost forgotten, in my opinion :)

See ya around! :)

5. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome to Kes2370, Copernicus an Vinkula. :)

6. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

I've been a Voyager fan for years- and enjoy browsing Trek forums. I identify with all the officers and frequently watch Voyager episodes. I even have my own site- http://www.voyagr-ep-memorys.com

7. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome. It looks like your site will come in handy the next time someone is trying to recall "that episode where so and so has problems with that watchamacallit on that planet they visited that one time."

You know the one I'm talking about, right? ;)

8. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi there to all new posters! Glad to see the show's still making fans.

9. the neighbor

the neighbor Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Love all things Trek, but Voyager will always be special for me. The writing drives me bonkers sometimes; despite that, it's great to have a female captain.

10. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

Yes, guess you got that one right. If I recall it could be about half of 'em- but if you follow the easy tabs you will fine an answer.
    They are all worth remembrance or (according to Data) acouple pages in somebody's book).

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the Voyager forum, where it's always the late 90's:cool:

12. cyanemi

cyanemi Ensign Newbie

I recently started watching Voyager, Caprica and Battlestar Galactica. I have no idea why these never caught my attention when they were on television. They are all great. Voyager is especially great.

13. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome. :)

I agree Voyager and Battlestar Galactica are both great. Haven't watched Caprica yet...

14. Lrrr

Lrrr Ensign Red Shirt

Hello fellow Voyager fans! It's nice to see other that have an unconditional love of this show. I always liked Trek growing up but it wasn't until I started watching reruns of Voyager on UPN ten years ago that I came to Love Trek. This show sucked me in. I think it was The Doctor that ultimately did it for me. A fascinating character vividly portrayed. He is my absolute favorite Trek character and I thought that his development through the series was fantastic. I also loved Tuvok with some of his excellent one liners, and then there's Janeway. Favorite. Captain. Ever.

I recently finished watching the entire series on DVD and while it's fresh in my head I can say that there were really only two episodes that I solidly disliked. One was of course Threshold for obvious reasons, and the other was The Fight which was flat out boring with all of the Chakotay/Boxing sequences and whatnot, Uggh!

A few of my favorite episodes (in no particular order) include Future's End, The Scorpion, Year of Hell, Timeless, Someone to Watch Over Me, Body and Soul, Equinox, and Blink of an Eye.

15. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome. :)

16. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

New fan here. I only recently watched Voyager for the first time, and I really loved it. I liked it so much that I'm currently working on a little 3D modelling project to make the Voyager ship (which I'll post if it ever gets finished).

17. PrimaryAdjunct

PrimaryAdjunct Ensign Newbie

Hello, I'm new here, but I think I'le be here a while, lots of interesting discussion.

18. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome SevenOfNein and PrimaryAdjunct. :)

19. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello. I watched voyager for the first time the other day and i liked it so here i am.

20. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Amazing how that cause/effect thingy works! Welcome. :)