Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Welcome newcomers.

2. ironnerd

ironnerd Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello, All.
    I'm new to the Forum. I've been watching Trek since I was a kid in the 70's and it was on after school. I always enjoyed the heck out of it. When ST:TMP came out I sat in the aisle of the theater to watch it. It was not as cool as I was hoping, but it was Star Trek, so I liked it.

I thought TNG was "okay", DS9 was a bit better, and VOY blew chunks. ENT was "meh", and JJ-Trek is simply dreadful. I've enjoyed some of the fan-made episodes and was really looking forward to Axanar... oh well... For what it's worth, I think CBS went the wrong way on that one (like they care about my opinion).

3. Patrick16309

Patrick16309 Ensign Red Shirt

I was on here a lot in the mid to late 2000s. Eventually simply got out of the habit of frequenting the board. I'm pleasantly surprised to find it still exists. I love all incarnations of trek minus enterprise, which I don't dislike, I just haven't watched it extensively enough to form a fair opinion.

4. nascenticity

nascenticity Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Raye, I first got into Star Trek in 2009 when the first reboot movie came out and pretty much the first thing I did when I got home from the theater was to sit down and start watching every single episode and movie in existence. I'm actually not a big fan of the reboots even though that's what got me into Star Trek in the first place, though I thought Beyond was pretty good. My favorites are probably The Original Series (incl. movies) and DS9; but I don't really like to get into the whole "this series was the best and that series sucks" or "this captain was better than that captain" thing because it stresses me out.

I"m currently in the middle of rewatching all of everything (give or take a few unwatchable episodes) and I figured I should join something like this forum. I don't have nearly enough people in my regular life who care about Star Trek enough to put up with me babbling on about it.

Patrick16309 likes this.
  5. Patrick16309

Patrick16309 Ensign Red Shirt

Awesome. What are some of your favorite TOS episodes?

6. Worf359

Worf359 Ensign Newbie

Hi!

This is my first post in this site and I must say that being part of something like that is just great!

7. nascenticity

Amok Time, The Trouble With Tribbles, The Devil in the Dark, A Piece of the Action... and plenty more that I can't remember the episode titles. It might have been simpler to ask what episodes aren't my favorites; it's definitely a shorter list.

8. Worf359

Worf359 Ensign Newbie

I love all these but my favorite is Where No Man Has Gone Before.:)

9. nascenticity

That's a good one too! I wish Gary Mitchell had been mentioned again later. You'd think the death of his close friend would have had a big impact on Kirk.

10. Worf359

Worf359 Ensign Newbie

Yes, that's too bad. THey rarely mentioned previous episodes back then. Kirk for instance never made any subsequent allusions to the love of his life in The City On The Edge Of Forever, or to his dead brother. That's just the way they did things back then.

11. nascenticity

True. Continuity or character development didn't seem to be as big aconcern.

By the way, I like your username.

12. Papermoon

Papermoon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello everyone.

*waves*

Very new, and a little shy to get my geek on in such a public fora. But here I am nonetheless. Be gentle, its my first time :)

13. rogar love

rogar love Ensign Newbie

Hi all, I've been into Trek since the 70s as a kid watching reruns of the original series with STNG and DS9 being my favourite.

Papermoon likes this.
  14. rogar love

rogar love Ensign Newbie

PS who do I speak to as I can't PM the mods, my username isn't the one I used to sign up with (im sure I used F'loW)

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

You may want to try posting something in the Questions, Suggestions & Feedback forum, or the "Contact Us" button at the bottom right of the screen.

16. rogar love

rogar love Ensign Newbie

Thanks, didn't notice the contact us at the bottom.

17. Thorsman

Thorsman Ensign Newbie

I am Ed. Or Thorsman if you prefer. I'm 35 and fairly new to the Trek universe. I've seen all of ToS and some of TNG. So far that's it.

18. Tezla

Tezla Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone I am Tezla. I have been watching Star Trek on and off for a few years, until my wife bought me the box set of Next Gen. Since then I have become a huge fan, continuing on to watch the full box set of Enterprise and Voyager. I have seen the movies and am currently mid way through season five of DS9.

As soon as I found out about the Star Trek Starships collection, I just had to subscribe. I am around magazine 68 give or take a few on backorder. Also have my eye on a gold pressed (silver) latinum bar currently on sale at the mint lol.

I seem to be the only person I know in my local area who is a trekkie, so it is nice to finally meet some other fans!

Tezla.

bbjeg likes this.
  19. Ozzie Pedia

Ozzie Pedia Cadet Newbie

Hi Tezla! I'm Ozzie, and I've been into Star Trek since last year. Its amazing to be able to talk to other Trekkies, as I'm the only person I know that's a big fan of Trek.
    So far my favorite series is TOS, favorite captain is Kirk and objectively coolest captain is Janeway. I watch the spinoff series when they air on TV(pretty often for me)..
    I'm really excited to get to know more fans!

Tezla and bbjeg like this.
  20. Notribble

Notribble Ensign Newbie

hello, new here, i'm from the Midwest, and grew up watching the original series. I also remember the spock funeral from the movie. I saw a funny episode just last week of spock falling in love with a woman and he refused to answer capt kirks calls cuz he was too busy frolicking around in the trees. I'm also going to name drop that I went to school with kes from voyager. but that's a whole other heck of a thread.

GeekUSACarl and Tezla like this.