Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Eyeware Haze

Eyeware Haze Cadet Newbie

I'm pretty lost in the whole forum world. Calling for help. Am a nerd but want to intensify my nerd-ism. Right now I have started my venture into becoming a Trekkie. Any advice? More pertinent, is anyone willing to be my guide?

2. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

I'm pretty sure you can find the help you need here when it comes to Star Trek. :)

How may I assist? :)

3. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yay, I've got an avatar! Not sure what happened there, as I am not at 50 posts yet, so thank you to whoever was responsible for this!

4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome Astra. It's great to meet someone who appreciates TOS. :cool:

Kor

5. LadyT'Anna

LadyT'Anna Commander Red Shirt

Sentiments seconded, Kor; I'm a TOS gal myself. Welcome, Astra!

6. Astra

7. LadyT'Anna

Nifty, Astra--thank you for sharing! :)

8. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very cool scenes, Astra.

I have many of the Playmates brand Trek figures from the 1990s, and I have thought about scratch-building sets from plastic (with working LEDs for the displays), but I've never gotten around to it. :shrug:

Kor

9. Astra

Thanks!

Thank you! I think there is actually a bridge set for the Playmate figures, of which I am envious. They are cute, but I didn't like the shiny plastic, and I like faces that are more realistic. But you have characters that don't exist in my scale (Nurse Chapel for example)

Why don't you set up some scenes with your figures and join us over in the thread? They are a great bunch of people, lots of lovely and funny stuff - all fandoms, not just Trek.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

You actually only need 28 posts. The FAQ is outdated.

11. Astra

Thank you! I saw it in the Questions and Suggestions thread as well (in a reply to someone else), but only after I made this post. Sweet though!

12. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Astra, the cat scene is awesome, I love it!

Belated welcome.

13. Astra

Thank you very much! Sorry, only seeing this now.

14. LadyT'Anna

That's quite all right, Astra. Life intervenes. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  15. TeaKirk

TeaKirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I've decided to return to this forum after taking a break from it, so hi everyone!

16. herofan

herofan Ensign Red Shirt

Hello. I'm new and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've always enjoyed Star trek, but this is the first forum related to Star trek that I have ever joined.

17. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the "Show", herofan! You will find this a fun, interesting and information-packed place for Star Trek and many other interests. You will laugh and share life events, learn and share your knowledge, and sometimes just mess around and have fun! See you in the Threads!

18. Fluttershy

Fluttershy Cadet Newbie

I grew up on Star Trek and I've been a fan forever, but I never really got into the community for whatever reason. Finally decided I'd put it off too long. :D

So some intro-y things... TNG and Voyager are close contenders, but DS9 is probably my favorite series, it's what really made me a fan of the show. I've always loved DS9's focus on the inner workings of the Federation and take on some story arcs that just aren't feasible on a ship. Also love TOS, though I'm a child of the 90's so I didn't grow up on it as much the way I did TNG, Voyager, and DS9.

Though I haven't really gotten into the Star Trek world that much, it's not my first rodeo into fandom. Probably not a shocker from my name, but I'm a big brony as well. I actually spend much of my free time moderating and running public relations for an MLP forum.

Anywho, that's about it for me, I'll save the life story for some other time. Not sure how active I'll be here with my obligations in the Pony world, but I'm glad to be here none the less and look forward to chatting from time to time.

19. JohnnyTenToes

JohnnyTenToes Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi!

I've been interested in a lot of scifi stuff (novels, films, comics, games, TV) since my teens (30 now), but only got into Star Trek recently. It hasn't really been a big thing over here in Finland so I wasn't exposed to it when I was younger. I think they showed TNG and possibly DS9 and VOY over here on some channel but I never watched them.

I had seen some of the movies, some of the "recommended" eps of TNG and TOS before but didn't really commit to it. But recently I decided to watch all of it. I watched all of the movies first and then just started from The Cage onwards and I have to say I've loved every minute of it! (Not that every episode is great, but I like the "journey" of watching every single episode and I get something from even the "bad" episodes).

Been also watching every documentary, interview etc. I can find and been reading some comics and novels, playing Star Trek games and reading fan sites. I just wish I had started this hobby earlier, there's so much to learn :)

I still have a couple of seasons of TNG left to watch, most of TAS, about half of DS9, almost all of VOY and ENT.

Been enjoying ST Continues too and re-watching all of the movies, some of them multiple times.

I'm here to read/talk about ST because I'm constantly trying learn as much as possible about it, and of course to meet some Star Trek fans as I don't know any in real-life! :)

20. Hadrian

Hadrian Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Located at secret coordinates in Dominion space.
    Hi guys! I watched a lot of TNG when I was 8-12 years old (altough I can't remember too much about it) and for a long time (almost 8 years) I didn't watched any Star Trek. But the day before yesterday I watched the Nemesis and it wasn't bad. In fact,some scenes were awesome.

And why I came here? Because I hope that the ones who watched every episode of the franchise and all of the movies can help me to experience the very best of the Star Trek Universe.

P.S.: The only episode I remember is... I don't know its title,but there is a guy with strange head who leaves the Enterprise to fight for his honor I think. I think his name was Worf but not sure.