"We are the World" Remake?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gryffindorian, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Out of all the 80's-era supergroup relief songs, "Sun City" was always my favorite.

2. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

Sweet Jesus, I hated that song.

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huh. I always thought it was because of his Blues Brothers stuff. Then again, if it was because of Blues Brothers, why wasn't he in his suit?

4. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

You're comparing the entire choir for the new one with just the soloists on the original. Here's a better list for the original:

Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Kenny Rogers, James Ingram, Tina Turner, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick, Willie Nelson, Al Jarreau, Bruce Springsteen, Kenny Loggins, Steve Perry, Daryl Hall, Huey Lewis, Cyndi Lauper, Kim Carnes, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, Marlon Jackson, Randy Jackson, Tito Jackson, Waylon Jennings, Bette Midler, John Oates, Jeffrey Osborne, Anita Pointer, Ruth Pointer, Smokey Robinson, Dan Aykroyd, Harry Belafonte, Lindsey Buckingham, Mario Cipollina, Johnny Colla, Sheila E., Bob Geldof, Bill Gibson, Chris Hayes, Sean Hopper, Jackie Jackson, La Toya Jackson

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Another that won't be remade. "Doctor in Distress." The charity single to save Doctor Who...

6. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which artist is going to do the Bob Dylan (what the hell lyrics is he singing) part of the We Are the World redux? heh

I caught VH1 classic showing the Live Aid concert about a week or two ago and they showed the We are the World video at the end of it.

*EDIT* OMG I just watched the Voices that Care music video on youtube and forgot (luckily I guess) so much of it. haha @ Mike Tyson! OMG GRETZKY! WAYNE!!!!! lol OMG Wonder Years aged Fred Savage ;)
    I think he's totally checking out Alyssa Milano :p

7. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

"It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me." And Lil Wayne is doing that part this time, apparently.

8. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I just saw the video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI

Nothing compares to the original version, which I've heard (and sung) thousands of times. If anything, I give them a "B" for effort especially for Haiti's benefit.

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I saw the video today. It's terrific. You can download the song on iTunes for $1.29. Proceeds go to Haiti.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was okay... Celine Dion is extremely overdramatic.

11. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it. Boy, Jennifer Hudson has some pipes. I loved Jamie Foxx doing his Ray Charles bit.