Way To Fix Chris Pine No show!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by spunk trek, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

For any other studio - there would be hope. But this is Paramount....

Of course, if Star Trek was made by the BBC, Kirk would have been replaced three or four times already.

2. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since to me Shatner will always be Kirk, yeah go ahead and recast that one role. I'm much more invested in Scotty, McCoy and Uhura.

Pine is growing into a superior actor, but to me he doesn't simply scream out "Kirk." So replace him and move on to the next problem.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Offscreen, Kirk is promoted to Admiral and Enterprise-A is given to Captain Will Decker.

Plus, isn't V'Ger still on the way in the Kelvin timeline?

4. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nero nuked it with his baddass mining ship

XCV330 likes this.
  5. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And right after that, whoever plays Decker can move on to the reboot of 7th Heaven...

Malaika and Chaos Descending like this.
  6. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should just do a Scotty/Keenser buddy movie.

Or Greg Grunberg solving crimes on Yorktown station.

Or a gay space dads adventure starring Sulu and Ben.

Or a McCoy/Carol rom-com.

7. thribs

thribs Commodore Commodore

Deep fakes! Post Shatner's face on someone similar.

8. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, just get Shatner! Well get those Disney people who de-age actors and make him look like he did in the '60s.

9. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Clearly, captain Uhura is the most logical choice. That girl is brave, competent and keeps her cool even in stressful situations better than Spock when he's the most Vulcan. After years of working with these dudes not only she's still sane, but she manages to have a personal relationship with the first, half vulcan, officer! I'd choose to work for her if I was in starfleet.

Or captain Spock, or captain Sulu.

But I think we can and should keep captain Kirk and focus, really focus, on the ensemble for a change.
    Give me more of the existing character dynamics like s/u, the friendships etc.. let me see Uhura and Mccoy get the hilarious 'we are their voice of reason without us they are lost (*points at Kirk and spock*)' interactions I deserve since the first movie. Give me Spock and Sulu getting nerdy about alien plants. I dunno.

10. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^An ensemble piece would be great, TOS despite being the master and the one most of us tend to enjoy, most of the plots are either a triage of K,S,M or to boost Shatner's ego, no wonder Nichols wanted to leave, saying 'Hailing frequencies open', every week must have done her head in. Prime Sulu and Prime Uhura deserved better plots.
    The more I think about this, a reboot Star Trek tv show with the TOS characters might be better