Watership Down miniseries

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by cosmic mouse, Jul 31, 2018.

1. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Butters

Butters Commodore Commodore

I wasn’t aware of this, or the 90s series, though I did read Tales from Watership Down.

Loved the original movie, and The Animals of Farthing Wood, which I see as being connected somehow, but probably isn’t.

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

What channel (or PPV or streaming service or carrier pigeon) will this be shown on?

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I've been waiting for this mini-series for a couple of years now. It's got a killer cast and sounds like it'll be an even more loyal production of the beloved novel than the 1978 film. For some reason, I thought it was suppose to come out late last year (probably because of unsourced claim on Wikipedia), so I'm feeling a little frustrated that we still don't have a release date.

BBC and Netflix.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  5. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Excellent.

6. cosmic mouse

I had to look up the Farthing Wood show since it's familiar, but I don't think I've seen it. I may try to track it down at some point. As a child one of my favorite books also had a similar theme: Farewell to Shady Glade. I must have checked that book out of the library a billion times, along with all of the other Peet books.
    [​IMG]

7. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Vice Admiral Admiral

The novel of Watership Down deals with some deep and dark themes considering that it's about bunnies - degredation of the natural environment, death, and totalitarian regimes. The novel was apparently "sexist" as warrens are apparently matriarchal rather than patriarchal in nature - it being the does rather than bucks that set them up and control them.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  8. cosmic mouse

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

My deranged brain suddenly started playing Catshit One when I saw the CGI bunnies. :biggrin:

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That article doesn't mention it but Peter Capaldi has also joined the cast (but Variety didn't mention the role), making this the second time he's voiced a rabbit this year. :D

Edit: Strike that. Deadline confirms he's voicing Kehaar, the only non-rabbit character. :lol: