Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I prefer the plot development in the film to the comic even though it did make it look like a bit of a Dark Knight ripoff in retrospect. I never did like that squid...

2. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I've been specifically waiting for this edition of the film to come out, so this works for me.

Lovely that MCR's shitty/shitty/shitty cover of Dylan's iconic "Desolation Row" got a music video.

3. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately so few DVDs do this...That's why the Alien set, Blade Runner, Terminator 2, etc. are among my favorite DVDs. I am totally happy to pay for a cut of a film I haven't seen, but let me also have the original cut I am familiar with just incase the new cut doesn't quite do it for me. That's why I've never bothered buying Director's/Extended Cuts of films on DVD cause...I have no idea what I am paying for!

4. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

That's what bugs me about the Evil Dead films. It seems like there's a dozen different cuts all over the place.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Agreed for the most part, though there are some exceptions.
    The extended "Kingdom of Heaven" dvd for example. The theatrical version isn't really worth bothering with by comparison, so I'm glad it's not in the set.

On a related note, I was quite surprised when I bought a copy of 'The Mist' (great flick) to find the second disc had the exact same film, but in black and white. A bit of an odd choice I thought.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It was announced this would happen before the film even came out, so it's not that big a shock.

I can't wait to see the Black Freighter stuff integrated into the film, I never overly enjoyed the TOTBF segments that much in the comic, but I thought the animated adaption was brilliant.
    As for the Motion Comic, I already have it on the seperate DVD, so that seems a bit pointless (it is excellent though)

So I'd love to get my hands on this. But I have a very strong suspicion this isn't gonna get released on Region 2... count on it

7. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't have TOTBF or The Motion Comic, so I'll be happy to get this version.

8. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I wasn't aware of different edits. I know that Army of Darkness is in competition with The Princess Bride to be the most frequently pointlessly released movie of all time. (And then there's all those 20th Century Fox movies that keep getting rereleased even though the only difference is the cover art.)

Yes. Yes she did. I believe that was the whole point.

9. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool!

I'm glad I waited.:):)

10. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

As far as I know, the first two films have only ever been released in their theatrical versions. Army of Darkness has been released in two different versions, although the quality of the special scenes in the director's cut has always been pretty shoddy (and the theatrical cut has the superior ending).

That said, when we're talking DVD releases, good GOD. Those DVDs have been released so many times I can't even keep them straight.