Was Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series any good?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral James Kirk, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I saw T4 and I didn't much like it. I liked like three things in it but as a whole I think it sucked. Still love Terminator though and saw that Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series was coming out in a couple of weeks for like 7 bucks and figured I'd order a copy. Has anyone seen this thing? Any good? Better than the movie? Worse? Same? Just curious.

2. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

What is this? Is it an animated thing?

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Machinima refers to the practice of filming a computer game as a means of telling a story. Apparently this one is professionally done using the TS computer game. I haven't seen it, that's just what a quick Google turns up.

4. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Doesn't sound like much of a good time, even for seven bucks.

5. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Can't speak to this one in particular, but there has been some outstanding product in the format. My favorite example being Red vs Blue.

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First I'd heard of it was when the dvd was reported. I've seen a couple of trailers and it looks reasonably done. Not sure it's worth a purchase though.

(Trailers are here:- http://www.machinima.com/film/view&id=36586 )

7. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

It's out today. Anyone get a copy? I ordered a copy but I haven't seen it yet.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I went with a friend yesterday to a local Best Buy and looked for it (we actually went in for The Clone Wars set), but they didn't have any. The girl at the computer not only couldn't find a listing, she didn't even know what I was asking about. She thought I meant the movie.