War for the Planet of the Apes pre-release thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Oct 18, 2015.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is from the same director and writer as Dawn, so hopefully we should get the same proportion of action and story that we got there.
    I had the same thought, these movies really deserve more recognition, especially Andy Serkis.

mos6507 likes this.
  2. TalonCard

TalonCard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

See, this is nice. What you've done here is make a short observation that, while irrelevant, is true and funny. No rants, no pompous tone, no reciting information that everyone either already knows or doesn't care about...Why can't more of your posts be like this one?

TC

Mr. Laser Beam and Morpheus 02 like this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

We've reached the point that I don't want to watch any more of the trailers because we're so close to the actual release.

mos6507 likes this.
  5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Greg Cox likes this.
  6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Me, too. I just started reading Revelations and am enjoying it so far. (Greg and I compared notes a bit when we were each working on our respective APES tie-ins, just to try to stay consistent with each other, but it's neat to finally read what he came up with.)

Tosk likes this.
  7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Very nice to hear that you guys communicated to try and keep things straight. That level of care is always appreciated.

Greg Cox likes this.
  8. Greg Cox

9. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Den of Geek have just posted a five star review of the movie, and they don't tend to throw five stars around willy nilly. I cannot wait to see it.

Greg Cox likes this.
  10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Sweeeeeet. Aside from Dunkirk, this is my most anticipated film of the year.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

IGN gave it a 9.5 and they tend to be pretty hard to please. Here's their "verdict":

Smellmet likes this.
  12. Greg Cox

The internet is awash with rave reviews this morning. Even The Village Voice loves it.

13. Smellmet

Can't believe this thread has fallen back to page four on the week of it's release. Has anyone managed to see it yet?

14. slappy

slappy Commodore Commodore

Saw it last night. Don't worry. This movie might have more action than probably the first two combined, but it's all character driven. This film is more about character than even the last film. I was taken off guard by how dramatic it ended up being. The word WAR is not used lightly. This movie is as different from the last as the last was from the first.

15. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Going tomorrow, probably for a 3d showing just because the timing works out better.

16. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Mrs-Dimesdan is away for the weekend, so I'm off to see this this evening on my lonesome. I read the Empire review earlier and it is very favourable.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saw it, loved it. I've already got a million threads going, so I'll let somebody else start the review thread.
    Does anyone know if the Boom! Studios Dawn and War prequel comics are compatible with Titan's novels?

Brefugee and Smellmet like this.
  18. Smellmet

How do you rate it compared to the first two? I find it hard to separate them, love them both, maybe dawn has the slight edge for me.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The best yet. If Andy Serkis doesn't get some kind of nominations for this one, something is very wrong. I'll save my more complex thoughts for the review thread. Woody Harrleson is awesome too, but I don't know if I'd got quite that far with him.

Smellmet likes this.
  20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Went to see this this afternoon, thought it was really good. Lots of good visuals and acting from Serkis and Harrellson.