Spoilers WandaVision discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I just want to know when Wanda and Vision found time to buy property in New Jersey. They had only just decided that "it works" literally moments before being attacked by Thanos thugs.

2. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well Vision likely can instantaneously access the internet and purchase real estate.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Oh, I completely forgot about the Beekeeper. I think you're right that he's Fietro. That makes more sense than he/she being the surprise cameo for the finale.

Perhaps but Elizabeth Olsen has also talked up the surprise cameo and specifically said she was excited for that character to appear. I don't think she would they would go to that level of double talking if they just meant Bettany playing White Vision.

Ah, good points there. It does seem like that window of time is larger now and explains the issues I was having about Hayward's foresight.

As speculated by Saul, I think it's likely that Hayward is the one who sent that property note to Wanda (or planted it somewhere for her to find) as a way to lure her to SWORD.

4. Turtletrekker

I don't know. Perhaps the actor that Paul Bettany admired so much and it always wanted to work with was... Paul Bettany. That's certainly one way to troll the audience, and I strongly suspect that trolling the audience is something that we're going to have to get to with these Marvel Productions.

5. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Not a real follower of the comics, most of what I know is from on screen-
    What is the significance of White Vision?

6. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am starting to lean towards trolling myself. Not a lot on Disney's part, but more than zero. We all KNEW Mutants were coming. We WERE expecting them.. and hey-ho, here is one now.... except...
    [​IMG]
    NOPE!
    But the funny thing, they WILL introduce mutants at some point. And it WILL be epic. But Disney will do it's darnest for the reveal to be on their terms when we least expect it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  7. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's not so much trolling but instead making a funny inside joke that only the people working on the show is going to get. At least until it happens should it happen.

Jason

8. ITDUDE

Starkers likes this.
  9. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

spoilers for comics since it could possibly spoil what could happen in the show even though there are difference circumstances.
    When Vision first died in the comics after having his mindstone ripped out, Hank Pym(Who was the one who built him in the comics, not Tony Stark) rebuilt Vision... but he did not have the original 'brain patterns' of the original Vision. He was a white version of Vision, devoid of emotion and the personality he originally had. He may have had some of the memories, but it was more like 'information' than actually experiences/memories.

Eventually he did gradually regain more emotion. So I'm guessing this white vision will play out similar. It's a vision without the personality/emotion displayed by the one who died.

10. Turtletrekker

Actually, it wasn't due to having the stone ripped out. Responding to a prior transgression in which Vision had broke into the most secure computers controlling the US government's military, the government responded by capturing vision, dismantling him, erasing his memory and removing his capability of accessing the government's computers again. After Pym rebuilt him, for soap opera-y end comic booky reasons, his skin was the white color and he was emotionless and without memory.

11. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, as I thought Wanda used sitcoms to escape reality. That addition with their parents teaching them English through watching TV was also very cute.
    Also I'm sure others said that before me...but isn't it kinda sad how Wandavision is in a way a better adaption of the Dark Phoenix Saga than either of the X-Men movies that tried to adapt it?

It's also interesting to see how Westview was a fading town before Wanda took over, she probably used that to justify her actions to herself.
    Let's see what happens next week...and where Monica is....

12. ITDUDE

Yep, Wanda ran out of the house and Monica and Fietro are nowhere to be seen.
    So many subplots to resolve by end of next episode:
    Vision vs Vision, Scarlet Witch vs Agatha Harkness, Fietro vs Monica (right?), Darcy vs Hayward... Hex needs to come down, multiverse need to appear.. and many more smaller subplots. This episode was 40+ min, next one gotta be an hour or longer.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The FoX-Men movies didn't bother putting in the real time and buildup to the Dark Phoenix stories that we needed. No one cared much about either version of Jean or Scott due to the poor writing and little actual time they had as real characters as opposed to just plot devices for Logan.

WandaVision had better writing and better done/acted characters who weren't just plot devices.

I have to say that flashback to how Wanda and Vision started bonding over Malcolm in the Middle while really discussing her grief over Pietro was very bittersweet. It makes me miss Steve all the more because he was one of the only ones aside from Vision and Clint who treated her that humanely.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  14. Turtletrekker

Actually, the best live-action adaptation of Dark Phoenix, by far, was when Willow went bad on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Orphalesion and ITDUDE like this.
  15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Agnes acting a lot like Q this week

Anwar likes this.
  16. Orphalesion

Yeah, that's why I hope Disney will start their MCU X-Men movies soon. The X-Men and New Mutants were always my favourite super hero teams growing up, and I want some movies about them that don't stink to high heaven (though New Mutants was the only decent film, imho), and they gotta make them before MCU franchise fatigue sets in.

Anwar likes this.
  17. Turtletrekker

I suspect that Kevin Feige wants to put the Fox franchise well in the past before bringing them into the MCU. Franchise fatigue is already there. He needs to let it go away entirely.

The Nth Doctor and Orphalesion like this.
  18. Orphalesion

No, I meant they need to bring them into the MCU, before the MCU succumbs to its own franchise fatigue. It's only a matter of time. And I'll be miffed if I don't get a *good* version of Storm before that.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  19. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

So after all these years, we finally know what Avenger she’s playing

dupersuper likes this.
  20. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I really liked it that they slowed down the pace for this episode before the surely bonkers WTF finale yet it was gripping, heartbreaking and intense all the same.

Agatha is awesome in this - a powerful witch herself with the knowledge to match and she stumbles onto this person who has so much raw power yet doesn't know any of the finer details of the craft. Wanda is kind of like the Hulk of Magic, whereas she is an analogue to Dr. Strange ( just maybe not that powerful and equipped as Strange). I love how they used Wanda's curiosity and not so thinly veiled lust for power to expand on Wanda's background which was, let's be honest, very underdeveloped throughout the movies. It was heartbreaking to see Wanda's and Pietro's family being a poor yet happy family and the source of her love for sitcoms she then later used to cope with horrifying loss.

It's also cool how they are bringing in comicbook elements and we have yet to see how all that plays out with White Vision, Agatha, Wanda and maybe even X-Pietro ( not even counting external players like Monica Rambeau/Photon, Darcy and all the others). I wonder if Wandavision will be a one season show because i distinctly remember that Wandavision is supposed to directly tie in with Dr. Strange 2, so maybe at the very end we will see a Dr. Strange cameo - this much magic being slung around and the Sorcerer Supreme not noticing it?

One thing that is on my mind is magic itself in the MCU - now the MCU started off with comicbook realism, i.e. a hypergenius engineer who discovers personal morals and becomes a superhero, a weakling being run through an experimental procedure to become a Supersoldiers etc. MCU Superheroes used to be people with either genius level intellects, extremely well trained/experienced, gotten their powers through technology ( either willingly or by accident) or have such advanced technology it seems mythical.

Now with Dr. Strange they tried to keep this grounded too - it looked very weird but was explained as people simply learning and practicing to do these things the same as regular people learning the skills of their trade. Here now we are into full on magic and transmutation, much closer to Harry Potter with spells being named and such. It just seemed Marvel shrugged shoulders and accepted the mythical full on and i'm fine with it.

We can only guess but i believe much of Phase 4 onwards will build the steps to the big Mutants reveal on top of maybe going even more cosmic with the inclusion of the Fantastic 4.

Wanda might be a big part of that, also because X-Pietro is still not explained properly even if he was only a puppet created by Agatha because i refuse to believe it was only an easter egg casting the X-Men version of Quicksilver.