Spoilers VOY: A Pocket Full Of Lies By Kirsten Beyer Review Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by tomswift2002, Jan 15, 2016.

?

How Would You Rate This Book?

1. Outstanding

74.7%
  2. Above Average

20.0%
  3. Average

2.7%
  4. Below Average

1.3%
  5. Poor

1.3%
  1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I just picked up my copy of A Pocket Full Of Lies at Coles. It's funny, I just pre-ordered the book last Friday, and within a week I've got the book. Fast service.

Anyway, the cover is real impressive on the physical copy.

Jinn likes this.
  2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Still busy with Section 31 - Disavowed. Yet I'm looking forward to finally get my hands on the new Voyager adventure. I have to wait for several more days until it is available in Germany.

3. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I didn't think this was out till April so haven't ordered it yet, but just did so on Amazon and I'm looking forward to it.

4. tomswift2002

Technically I think the release date for the book is January 29, so more places should be getting it soon.

Just finished the Prologue. Pretty good so far!

5. tomswift2002

I just noticed, but the spine has the fiftieth anniversary logo at the bottom, which, as far as I can remember and see there was no official logo for the 40th, but the 30th was pretty nice (just pulled out my copy of "Flashback" and it's got the 30th Star Trek Generations logo on the back). I think I like the 30th logo better than the 50th, but the 50th, being on the spine, will look interesting on my shelf.

6. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Awaiting my download ....

7. tomswift2002

I'm up to Chapter 8, and in regards to what the cover copy says, I never expected this book to be based on this one episode. So this book is throwing a few curve balls.

The episode this book is based off of is "Shattered" from Season 7, plus there are references to the events and races mentioned or seen in "Year Of Hell".

8. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Was perusing through my local Chapters and saw this on the shelf. I was pretty surprised, as it's two weeks early! I'll have to put aside DRG3's Ascendance for a few days :techman:

9. Kirsten Beyer

Kirsten Beyer Writer Red Shirt

I can't believe we're off and running this early. I thought it would be at least another week before anyone had this in their hands. Ah well...enjoy and as always, I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

Best,
    KMFB

Jinn, Man of Steel and Kilana2 like this.
  10. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kirsten, before everyone gets too deep into talking about A Pocket Full of Lies, I had a question about Atonement that never got answered in the previous thread which I hope you can shed some light on.

Someone else in the discussion about Atonement mentioned where they visualized the Confederacy being geographically in the Delta Quadrant. It didn't match were I had in my head during the time spent reading the trilogy. I assumed it was quite a bit "off the beaten track" in the "southern" third and "eastern" third of the quadrant. Basically between Borg space and the farther reaches of the Beta Quadrant. Did you have a particular location In the quadrant in mind when describing distances between the Confederacy and New Talax for example?

Thanks as always for being a part of this community! I really look forward to devouring APFOL.

DEWLine likes this.
  11. tomswift2002

I was surprised when it was in at the book store, as I thought I would only be picking up "Ascendance". And so far it seems only Canada has got an early release.

12. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I'm half way through, and loving it. I'm amazed that we've been able to get 8 Voyager books in the last 6.5 years, and all by the the same author. I hope we get more and more Voyager from you in the future. I'll let you know what I thought after I've finished. Hopefully you are hard at work on the next installment :techman:

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Commander Red Shirt

I've got a copy in the post, so it's time for:

Re-read of Volumes 1-2

Then plowing through the rest - which will be new!

14. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Crosses fingers - hope my bookstore has it - thought it wasn't out until Feb. birthday is soon so it'd be a very nice gift to self!

15. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

No way Amazon will download iit early?

16. Kilana2

Amazon.de has listed it for January 26th. No way to get it earlier.

17. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I definitely have enjoyed reading the Voyager books by Kirsten Beyer. I really liked Atonement I just finished reading it a few days ago. I can't wait to read A pocket full of lies.:biggrin::hugegrin:

KimMH likes this.
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not that I know of. All of the e-book retailers, or at least the ones I'm familiar with, wait to release stuff on the dates listed by the publisher.

19. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Ordered mine at my bookstore today - will give me time to finish Ascension and Child of Two Worlds. So many books - so little time - what a wonderful problem to have!

20. Kilana2

I'm still busy with Section 31 Disavowed. So I can wait for it a little longer.... As you said, so little time....