Spoilers Vikings S5 returns (potential spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Unwrapped, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Unwrapped

Unwrapped Boss Monster Mod Moderator

So the midseason is set to premiere tonight, and the show has been renewed for a sixth season as well. I heard Katheryn Winnick will be making her directorial debut with one of the new episodes.

2. The Scrooge Doctor

The Scrooge Doctor Bah humbug! Premium Member

I'm glad Winnick is getting the chance to work behind the camera. She and Gustaf Skarsgård are the only reasons why I watch anymore because the show has gotten so ridiculous, even by its own standards.

3. The Scrooge Doctor

Nice to see Rollo pop up again after a (half) season of hearing about him, but man, he's gotten old, tired, and docile. If Ragnar was still around, he would laugh and laugh. Hell, I'm shocked Ivar didn't mock him more. :lol:

I just wish Bjorn finally put the bastard out of his misery.

Maybe my bad memory is acting up again, but is this the first time it's been suggested that Bjorn is actually Rollo's son? I remember Rollo lusting after Lagertha for years but I always thought it was decidedly one-sided and yet here it's suggested they did have a thing at one point. Revisionist "history" or my memory playing tricks again?

Floki continues to live a miserable life with miserable people in a miserable land. It's worth it for Gustaf Skarsgård, but only just barely. I sure wish he had better actors/characters to work with. Gone are the days of magnetic character chemistry.

4. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I quite after season 4, but I believe that Lagertha and Rollo never had sex with each other

5. Reyman

Reyman Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well Ragnar and Lagertha did invite Athelstan to join them for a threesome, so why not Rollo at some point.

Also Margrethe is shared by Ragnars son before marrying one of them. Maybe that kinda thing is pretty normal.

6. The Scrooge Doctor

Yeah, but I distinctly recall Lagertha spurning Rollo's repeated advances and flirtations at her.

7. Reyman

Reyman Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Lagertha spurning Rollos advances without Ragnars approval kinda makes sense.

What makes more sense is that Rollo would fall in love with and relentlessly chase after Lagertha if they did indeed have some kind of history.

8. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

I want to see more of Rollo's adventures. The historical timing is way off, but whatever. This is the same channel that plays "Ancient Aliens," after all. :rolleyes:

Kor

9. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think the make up department needs to get better at ageing people.

10. The Scrooge Doctor

Lagertha's sudden Silver hair is gorgeous, but, yeah, the aging scale is really skewed.

11. Unwrapped

Unwrapped Boss Monster Mod Moderator

12. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Except on Dr Who, where it's also either Cardiff or Sheffield. :lol: