USS Sequoia, A UFP Presidential Yacht

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SCE2Aux, Jan 25, 2020.

1. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Captain Captain

I've put together the interior model now, and also created a variation of the exterior with a more traditional Starfleet pennant instead of the blue stripes - not sure which one I prefer tbh! To round this ship project off, I've drawn up some diagrams. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

StarCruiser, Markonian, Cyfa and 6 others like this.
  2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

:eek: Well, I don't have to tell you which one I prefer, but wow, this looks so so good!

I love what you did with the interior! How rough did you design it? Could you render an even closer look inside?

3. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh wow. That interior REALLY sells the scale on this. Very nice work.

4. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Captain Captain

I'm glad you like the new variant!
    The interior is a bit low-poly in places, you could get a bit closer in, but probably not right up to the glass. If I needed to, there's scope to increase the resolution on the interior geometry, but I'll leave that until it's needed for a particular shot. :)

Thanks! If I remember correctly, I scaled the Sequoia to about 55 meters in length; roughly double the length of a Danube class Runabout. I hadn't considered it before, but there aren't many visual cues that indicate it's much bigger than the Danube, so I'm glad the interior communicates that.

5. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

I like both version but I am going for the blue striped one.. just that little bit more awesome.
    Agreed on the interior, it is awesonemous! :D:mallory::techman: impressive little spaceboat, are you considering a more military version as well? you know, just as awesome but then with big guns, torperdo rollbars and other neat stuff to shoot at opponents? :biggrin:

SCE2Aux likes this.
  6. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Captain Captain

I like the idea of a roll bar, it would make for a nice bit of continuity from the Danube class. I'm going to start putting together a scene for these ships, and I think a roll bar variant would make a lot of sense for it.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

8. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

A truly sexy beast!

SCE2Aux likes this.
  9. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Captain Captain

This is one of the reasons I like posting on this forum - lots of interesting suggestions that help push one's work further. I think that linked image is a good starting point for the pod I'd like to create. I hope it will still feel like it has some continuity with the Danube rollbar, as I like the idea that the two ships have some shared design heritage. At the moment this is all on hold though, as I'm making a scene for these ships to fly through.

10. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Oeh! a scene.. you're good at that., loved the ones you did with Reliant and Trilobite and also "Running away to the Academy" scene was awesome. :mallory:

SCE2Aux likes this.
  11. Sqweloookle

Sqweloookle Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I like it! Though it seems the interior images are not in this thread. Are they on SciFiMeshes?
    Though I think it may be too small. The President would bring like 20 people with them, that's why real life they use a 747 or whatever type it is lol.

12. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Any chance you could partake in Doug Drexler's Ships of the Line calendar? Then Eaglemoss would have legitimate reason to make a model of this self-propelled masterpiece. :drool:

Macintosh, publiusr and Cyfa like this.
  13. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just discovered this through ArtStation. LOVE the design, those clean lines and dart-shaped outline. Makes total sense as a high-end executive transport. I'm a sucker for runabout alternatives that aren't so boxy and shuttle-like as the Danube-class.

publiusr likes this.