USS Sequoia, A UFP Presidential Yacht

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SCE2Aux, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Racing stripes, now it will go faster.. ;)

2. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Commander Red Shirt

Now it can go to Warp 9!

3. SCE2Aux

I haven't been entirely satisfied with the way all the extra detailing has been obfuscating the overall shape of the ship. I've started to dial it back just a touch, by simplifying the colour pattern at the back of the ship, and deleting the pylon mounted impulse engines entirely. The impulse drive is now mounted at the back of the hull instead.
    [​IMG]

4. Santaman

Good redesign, like that you kept the blue stripes a bit. :mallory:

5. SCE2Aux

Last update of the weekend: The nacelles and pylons have proper textures on them, and I've narrowed the bussard collector apertures.
    [​IMG]

Markonian, Psion and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  6. SCE2Aux

This about wraps up the exterior texture work. Just got to do some interior work (although nothing to the standard of that amazing shuttlebay @Rekkert !) and then I can start on some environments to put this vehicle in, which I can't wait to get started on :D.[​IMG]

Markonian, Psion, tax1234 and 3 others like this.
  7. SCE2Aux

[​IMG]
    For some reason I couldn't post this second image in the last message.:brickwall:

8. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apparently, you still can't

Psion likes this.
  9. SCE2Aux

How bizarre - it looks ok on my phone but not on PC! Let's try this again:
    [​IMG]

Markonian, publiusr, Rekkert and 5 others like this.
  10. Santaman

Really awesome. :mallory:

SCE2Aux likes this.
  11. Michael

Michael In alignment with canon Moderator

Indeed, the Sequoia looks all kinds of awesome! I think I'd still prefer it without the “racing stripes” (:shifty:), but other than that it's pretty much perfect. Nice work, @SCE2Aux!

12. SCE2Aux

Thanks, I'm happy the ship came together ok. I tell you what Michael, I have to make a sister-ship for one of my scenes called the Sycamore - And I'll do that variant without the stripes. :D

13. Michael

Michael In alignment with canon Moderator

YES!!! Looking forward to it. :)

14. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Still Aces!!! Excellent work on this bro!

SCE2Aux likes this.
  15. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

I actually like the stripes for a special ship like it, though I'm not that sold on the darker hull color, personal preference.

Hahaha, oh shut it, you inspired me with the awesome interior work you did on the Trilobite! :)

16. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beautiful!

Where are the doors?

17. Santaman

Interior? Good! so you can show the mini bar and the stripper poles.. *runs* :angel:;):p

18. SCE2Aux

I'm both surprised and flattered that you liked Trilobite's shuttlebay. The cockpit was a much lower-polygon affair and I think I'll be going down the same route with Sequoia: My PC's meagre 8 gigs of RAM are already complaining about the high res textures that are on the model.
    As for the darker hull colours - they're not very traditionally starfleet, although it does seem more common in a lot of Discovery ships, as well as the depiction of a certain familiar ship in the opening minutes of Picard.

When making these ship models I often find that I'm torn between what has been firmly established in the visuals, and my own personal preferences, which often tend towards a wish to add contrasting details, rather than the often restrained and functional look seen in many Star Trek ships. Where to draw the line and say 'this no longer looks like a Starfleet ship' can be quite a challenge.

The circular feature on the top of the ship is an extendable docking port. As for ground access, there is a roughly hexagonal hatch (unfortunately not very clearly seen in the current renders) located between the deflector dishes. The corridor behind it allows access to the ship, but you might have to mind your head if you are much taller than two meters :lol:

I neither confirm nor deny the presence of a mini-bar and/or stripper pole. :angel:

Psion and Santaman like this.
  19. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Dice Admiral Premium Member

DANG. The Sequoia looks like she's flying at warp 9 just standing still! What a gorgeously slick design.

The stripper ads at your image host were certainly entertaining. My partner walked into the room just as I was clicking one of those links and asked me if there was something that I needed to tell him.

:guffaw:

20. SCE2Aux

Thanks, I'm glad that you like the design! I'm just finishing up the interior today so I should have a few images of that to post soon.

My adblocker cut out any adverts on the image host I used - I wouldn't have used it if I had known and I hope you're not in too much trouble! :o
    I used to use imgur all the time but sometimes I post on mobile devices and imgur no longer supports mobile. What image hosts do people generally use when posting on TrekBBS?