Unofficial first contact with the Breen?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by FederationHistorian, Nov 26, 2020.

1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Greener pastures, working on something great.
    Ever notice that the ship designs of the harvester ship in "Fight or Flight" and the Breen ship in DS9 seem very similar to one another?

Harvester ship

[​IMG]

Breen ship

[​IMG]

Was that supposed to be a 22nd century Breen ship that Enterprise encountered? If it was, what would the Breen need to harvest triglobulin from Anaxar for? I know what its triglobulin is supposed to be used for (medicines, vaccines, aphrodisiacs), but I've never really thought of the Breen having need for any of that.

Odo likes this.
  2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm not seeing your pics, but I know what you're talking about. Yes, I'm almost positive that was supposed to be a 22nd century Breen ship. Globulin is a protein in blood; the Breen were stated in DS9 to not have blood (whatever that means.) Perhaps they need to harvest blood to survive because they don't have any of their own?

DS9forever, Timo and Odo like this.
  3. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Breen being mysterious, and pirates, and interested in getting value out of (more or less) live captives through slavery or other schemes, are established character traits and go well with "Fight or Flight". It's for the better that we didn't learn more in this episode - otherwise it would be very difficult to accept that ambiguity remains in the 24th century! But projecting the Breen onto this story is very doable and attractive.

Timo Saloniemi

somebuddyX, publiusr and Markonian like this.
  4. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What an interesting idea!

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

My thinking is that the Breen may have a different chirality... perhaps something they share with others...I haven’t seen any mirror matter use, except Bele’s ship from TOS LTBYLB

somebuddyX likes this.
  6. Annorax849

Annorax849 Commander Red Shirt

Was it SFDebris who theorized the Breen were the Valakis from "Dear Doctor"?