TWOK Removed Dialogue

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Forever94, Jun 30, 2018.

1. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that a big reason why is that Nicholas Meyer isn't really a fan of deleted scenes or Director's Cuts in general. (Yes, even though he made minor changes to both TWOK and TUC on DVD. I think that was more because the studio asked him to than anything else.)

2. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always thought the real purpose of that scene wasn't Spock finding out Kirk had a son, but to establish the ladder exit to and from the bridge before it played its key role in the film. They could have been talking about anything. But it was obviously felt no one was confused by the relationship between the sets, so it could be cut easily.

3. Green

Green Commander Red Shirt

Funny how people can't accept what they don't like as fact and just keep posting made up conspiracy theories as purported "facts"

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So much of this right here ^

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  5. Herbert

Herbert Commodore Commodore

Welcome to Trek BBS!

mos6507 likes this.
  6. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I knew the deleted lines but I'd never actually heard them being spoken by Takei, Shatner and Kelley before. And I have to say that Takei is wrong. There was nothing remotely 'sabotaging' about how Shatner spoke the line about Sulu getting the Excelsior.

Galileo7 and Green like this.
  7. Green

I know some members here have more audio clips of other TWOK deleted scenes -- why doesn't somebody post them?

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I have the audio from the workprint and you'd be surprised just how much of the movie dialog in the release is overdubbed. The scene with in Kirk's apartment features so much set noise that it seems like they looped almost the entire thing.

9. Green

Yes and it's hard to judge some of the deleted footage as inclusion worthy based on the workprint. Even some of the stuff that comprises the theatrical cut sounds horrible on the workprint. Then add in the missing score and it's a completely different experience. Still wish they would have throw in the workprint as an extra.