Spoilers Two big characters return for anniversary.

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by JoeZhang, May 15, 2022.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

A former Prime Minister has reportedly been spotted hanging out near location filming...

Captaindemotion likes this.
  2. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

They really have left it extremely late in the day if that's the case (in that we're lucky Carole Anne's still with us), but better late than never.

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Oh no, it's other former Prime Minister.

ATimson and Captaindemotion like this.
  4. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair, there was a wig, a war, and constant London air involved in only one of these two.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

That seems unlikely to me. I've heard from a couple of sources that Capaldi really could not stand Pearl Mackie. On the other hand, he really enjoyed working with Matt Lucas.

6. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that about Capaldi and Mackie. I loved them together and that season is my favorite of his. You'd never guess it by the onscreen chemistry.

ATimson, David cgc and The Nth Doctor like this.
  7. Samurai8472

Tennant's new costume in motion

Again I can't help feel sad all this will go away after he leaves.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn, I hadn't heard about that. A shame because I adored Bill.

Emperor-Tiberius likes this.
  9. Samurai8472

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I can't see the pic? Churchill or Harriet Jones?

I remember a rumour going round back in the day that he thought she was arrogant or something. Shame as they made quite the pair. Just shows how good both are as actors :)

It's weird. I mean the outfit is slightly different but it is essentially the same core look that Ten had. Wondering if he's actually Scottish this time?

11. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Still thinking "Ten" could actually be the Master pretending to be the Doctor and involving Donna as part of a revenge plot. Ncuti swoops in at the last moment to save the day just after "Ten's" reveal of "I AM THE MASTER!".

Note the trousers on "Ten" are very similar to those Sacha's Master has been wearing... (yes I know they're based on Trout).

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Obviously just second hand but people on Twitter seem to be suggesting Tennant is using the same accent he used for Ten. DT is a good enough actor that I hope 14 is distinct from 10.

Allyn Gibson likes this.
  13. StCoop

Well, they managed to keep whatever they shot last night secret and I think they're done for now. Next up (that we know about) will be the big five night shoot at the start of June.

14. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two distinct rumors I'd heard today: De-regeneration, and the Master that regenerated into the Tennant Doctor and is trying to find the Doctor while smearing him to his friends.

15. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

I’ve heard the master thing before, and I always think it is a bad idea. It seems cool or amusing *on paper* but really what you end up with is a situation where there’s a kind of taint on the character of the doctor by proxy. Especially if they go with ‘pretends to be the Doctor’ as well. It might only be more casual viewers, or it might be subconcious, but it’s there.
    Sometimes I even wonder if playing Maxil actually led to some aspects of the distaste for Colin Baker as the Doctor at the time. There’s that old joke Baker likes to tell about ‘shooting him because I wanted his job’ but it’s a kind of awkward humour, which suggests that combined with his regeneration opening, there’s a real sense of ‘if only things had been different’.
    Tremas became a tragic figure, but almost forgotten, due to the Master taking his face after all.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I really hope he isn't the Master. I think it likely is what it appears to be, the Doctor regenerating into a familiar face. I think as a one off, and so long as the Doctor isn't the Doctor for the next three years it's an interesting thing to do. Have to say though there would be more interesting actors to use in terms of a then/now Doctor. Imagine if it was Peter Davison for example (not that Tennant isn't an interesting actor but he doesn't look that different to how he did.)

17. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not a fan either, but a fan mentioned his trousers and coat are more similar to Dhawan's Master clothing than Whittaker's, and that spawned the rumoring...

18. StCoop

People have literally been saying "What if he's really the Master" since the first picture of Eccleston in costume appeared. (Because the real Doctor wouldn't wear a leather jacket. Seriously. )

19. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Big Finish did this with the War Master and the 8th Doctor but that box seat was recorded a couple of years ago

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Oh fandom. Never change,