Trump is the Singularity

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by RAMA, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Except American actions can have a very harmful influence on the rest of the world and we didn't elect him, neither do we deserve him. :p

Dryson likes this.
  2. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Until human politics stop operating on need to have a 'super power' and 'leader of the free world' (which the rest of the free world never chooses) then it what it is.

3. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

Trump is not the leader of anything. He is a narcissistic and a nepotistic idiot who is part of the Far Right that believes they can simply talk and the rest of the world will believe. Trump and his family are whiners and the typical "hand me your cash because I'm rich" type of people.

4. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Yes and yet people voted him to the most important political office of all. Being the US President he is the 'leader of the free world', it comes with the title whether the person in the job is deserving of it or not. People like him will always be in charge as long the white working and middle class keep voting for them in the hope that such folks really do care about their lot and will do something about it.
    The days of noblesse oblige from the aristocrats, upper middle classes and noveau riche are dead, especially with the latter lot in charge.

5. { Emilia }

Nonsense, you can't lead if nobody will follow and everybody disagrees with you. The US have lost a lot of soft power since Trump became president and the US isn't strong enough to lead the rest of the Free World against its will. How is he the leader of the Free World on climate change for example? Even the US can only "lead" the Free World through building consensus and Trump sucks at this. In fact, when you look at the G7 and G20 summits it looks like he's isolated, not leading.

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I don't know that a lot of Americans have been very interested in the freight that comes with "leading the free world" for quite some time. We like the bragging rights, I suppose, but many of us will let that go without too much struggle in exchange for other disentanglements.

Hey, maybe we'll be forgotten and someone else can don the mantle of Great Satan for a while. ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  7. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Correction: it's the result of "the Caucasian male" being so used to being on top of America's socioeconomic food chain that the IDEA of being pushed and/or openly hated drove many of them to the point of panic.

But "Caucasian males" are not an oppressed population. Not even CLOSE. We are not, for example, having riots in the streets in which white people are rounded up and lynched, white owned businesses are burned down for being too successful, or white men are rounded up and shot on assumption that they are crminals. We do not have black, latino or gay/lesbian militias threatening white people with firearms to stay out of their neighborhoods. We do not have feminists making credible death threats to male-owned businesses demanding that they "learn their place." We do not have white males marching in the streets demanding the right to vote. We do not have black supremacists tossing bombs and incendiary devices into white churches in revenge for their organizing voter registration drives. Despite the fact that unarmed white people are shot and killed by policemen at a greater rate than black people, white people aren't even marching in the streets and protesting it.

In other words:
    Hence all this "snowflake" projection we see in response. As much as there is a lot of over-reaction by thin-skinned college knowitalls triggered by some issue or another, I can't help but observe that 1) most of the "triggered" crowd are actually WHITE liberals with too much time on their hands looking for something to be outraged about and 2) the vast majority of the dialog in conversations about political correctness is actually hyperbolic expressions of butthurt by people who are upset about all the things they can't say and do any more.

At the heart of it all is the inescapable fact that the United States is in the middle of a massive demographics shift that is both inexorable and inevitable. In fifteen years time, the collective peudeo-group we currently call "whites" will no longer be the majority population in this country. White people don't WANT to be minorities; it SUCKS to be a minority in America. So on the right, we have a faction of people who want to make sure that white people, even if they're no longer the majority, at least remain politically and socially dominant; on the left, we have a faction of people who want to make sure that in the future it no longer sucks to be a minority.

Then there are actual minorities in this country who have no idea WHAT the fuck is going on and think that white America has completely lost its collective mind.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  8. Crazy Eddie

Talking with people from other countries, I think this is just something Americans still tell themselves that nobody else really believes. According to the people I know in Brazil and Peru, the title "leader of the free world" was just Ronald Reagan's nickname for himself. People in Europe pretty much associate it with the Cold War, and the few people who still use the term use it sarcastically.

This is mainly because the "leadership" influence of the United States has been supplanted by other actors over the past 20 years. Economically, the influence of China has MASSIVELY dwarfed American influence -- let alone "leadership" -- in Africa. Europe, on the other hand, is more focussed on the cohesion of the European Union and the U.S. is considered to be more of a distant spectator in those dealings. Interestingly, the post-Brexit world kind of draws a line in the sand between Europe and the U.S./U.K. And then there's Russia, whom nobody likes because they're a bunch of kleptocratic asshats but whom everyone trusts to behave rationally in matters of warfare (the U.S., not so much).

I don't know that any politician in the world has actually referred to the U.S. president as "leader of the free world" when speaking to anyone other than American citizens. It's certainly not something they say to their OWN people, since most countries outside of our rapidly-dwindling sphere of influence don't believe we could "lead" our way out of a paper bag.

9. Captain Triggered

Captain Triggered Lieutenant Red Shirt

How would that be worse?

Also, no white people have ever dealt with any adversary, eh? The standard caucasians are held to is unreal.

We have had our bouts of barbarism, but our cruelty is small fry to... more or less any imperial force I can think of. We progressed this world so far, we give so much, and now we import opposing and violent ideologies literally into our countries out of good will, and freely give them resources. And we get bombed to pieces waiting at the bus stop for our efforts.

And we're still vilified. It makes no sense. No other country or ethnic group is so wantonly hated for marginally trying to keep an identity and borders. Noone cares about japans xenophobia. White people are the racist overlords. We're literally giving our countries away and paying them to come here and reproduce, and we're still hated.

Now you have liberal female protestors in Germany chanting "allahu akbar" to show solidarity with islam? Maybe those women should have to go live in one of those muslim countries to see just how great that whole shabang is. But i'm a white male. Life is so easy. I go to work 50 hours a week in a steel foundry so that 1/3rd my paycheck can be taxed off to pay the insanely exorbitant social programs we provide for Native Americans in Canada, so they can continue to fill prisons at an alarming rate and drink themselves to death on our dime.

Robert Maxwell likes this.
  10. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I, for one, welcome the death of the West, and of whiteness. :techman:

11. { Emilia }

Aww, modernization theory. That's so quaint. The 1980s called and want their theories back.

Just look at how Whitey has "progressed" Iran, as a random example.
    First by invading the country during WW2 but hey, it wasn't personal: It was just to secure supply lines, it's not like Iran was actually an enemy. Casually invading and occupying countries is best. So they got rid of the Shah and his son became head of a constitutional monarchy. Democracy, yay! Right? Except when the elected government figured it's about time the Brits stopped exploiting Iranian natural resources without giving much compensation and wanted to nationalize the oil industry... the UK and the US supported a coup against PM Mossadegh, promoting the Shah's dictatorial tendencies.

And you're surprised some Iranians ended up hating the West?

The West is insanely good at creating its own monsters and then complaining about it. Iran is just one example.

Racism and nationalism in Japan are just as dumb as they are in Europe or the US. It's also not an excuse.

"Literally." :rofl:
    Dude, do you realize how absurd and stupid this hysterical nonsense sounds?

Oh, right. The wonderful life of a refugee in the present world. :rolleyes:
    Source?
    I live in Germany.

If you keep making outrageous claims without being able to back them up with facts, I'm going to consider your posts trolling and hand out an infraction.

Spot261 and Robert Maxwell like this.
  12. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just us, alone?

As opposed to all the times we forcefully enter other countries and take?

You mean the people who were there first and we displaced?

You'd think they'd all have some self respect and get jobs, it's not like there's a bias against minorities gaining employment

13. Crazy Eddie

Oh, sure. It's not as if "caucasion" is an arbitrarily defined superset of otherwise completely unrelated ethnic groups whose only common feature is their NOT being members of the various ethnic groups they and/or their ancestors have tormented and oppressed century after century. Why would anyone villify an ethnic group whose sole defining parameter is "The people who kicked everyone else's ass?"

That's because (at least in America), the primary defining characteristic of "white" identity is "not being black." The entire concept of "whiteness" is based on the exclusion of non-"white" ethnic groups from a white-dominated power structure and the unspoken alliance among the subsets of "white" ethnic groups to never allow any of the colored races to supplant them collectively or individually. If you strip away the ideology of white supremacy, there is no more reason to imagine the existence of a collective "white race" in the first place.

In which case, you're not a "white" person at all. You're an Irish-American, a Polish-American, a Jewish-American, an Italian-American, a Spanish-American, etc.

Where do white males come from? Whiteopia? Whiteland? North Westeros? Your ancestors came from SOMEWHERE, and unless you want your identity to be forever associated with the viciously racist ideology that originally dreamed up the concept of the "white race," you might want to figure out exactly what that "somewhere" is and learn how to OWN it.

14. Captain Triggered

And what do you hope takes its place?

15. Captain Triggered

Actually I'm out of this conversation, they bore me. You guys will just extolling the fictional virtues of some wonderful fictional faction. I will be labelled a racist for questioning the status quo. And no original thought is accomplished.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  16. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Well, at least we agree that racism is unoriginal.

{ Emilia } likes this.
  17. { Emilia }

Feel free to bow out. But don't act like anybody attacked you. People called you out for your dumb posts that lacked facts. It was really easy, too.

18. { Emilia }

With that said, I think this thread has run its course. It's always been sort of off-topic in here anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.