True Blood SEASON 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by teacake, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

More Eric/Pam makes everything better. They've always been the best thing about the show.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone else not really sold on the Sookie and Al Seed relationship? When Al's dad goes on about how great Sookie was for him, I'm just like "Really?".

"So what's a sex slave without sex?" "A slave." - Pam's the best.

I love how this show with fairies, werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters and witches just throws the Yakuza into the mix. I mean, why not?

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Man, aside from Eric and Pam's storyline, this episode was pretty lame. I'm with Pam on this one; Sookie is a total drag and the worst part about the show.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  4. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe that Sookie herself said that she wasn't sold on the relationship (in so many words). She said early on to someone that she just wasn't into it as much as he was, or something... Past the initial shock and grief of what happened, I'm sure there was a tiny part of her that was relieved that she could now move on...

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ makes sense

The biggest mystery of the season now is with five episodes left will Deborah Ann Woll get naked? She keeps getting closer and closer but time is running out....:devil:

6. Mister Fandango

I was really confused by Violet's actions at the end of the episode.

Since she was introduced, she was shown to be an irrational, jealous, and possessive monster of a bitch. She flies off the handle and goes into full psycho mode at the drop of a hat. Yet now, when she actually has a reason to act that way she... just turns and walks away relatively calmly? WTF?

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ To me, that seemed very ominous.

That Yakuza attack was disturbingly violent for a show that is quite violent by nature. :eek:

I did notice that Jessica was more naked than she's ever been, which was nice. It's strange that a show like this would hire actors and actresses that don't want to do nudity. But they seem to be maneuvering people into their final positions (so to speak) for the grand finale. Lafayette and Jessica's ex, Jessica and Jason, Pam and Eric, BIll and Sookie-- and here I'm assuming there will be a last-minute cure for Hep V, no doubt involving Sookie's Faerie powers.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got all the nudity I could ever want in the season 6 finale, on that mountain top.

The whole party was dead dull, just so much filler. What was the point of Alceed's dad standing there listening to Sookie and Arlene having their boring ass conversation about when people die.

WHY do we need these Bill flashbacks which are totally boring?! Why we do we need Bill who was just a man going off to war to be Mr. Underground Railroad? Okay maybe they are setting Bill up to meet the true death, and he's thinking on his past more and more but it is total filler.

Not enough Pam and Eric but the Pam and Eric we did get was magnificent.

"Oh my GOD. I'm a republicunt."

Someone help me out here, I can't remember. Why do the yakuza want to kill Sarah?

9. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As I see it, whoever runs this show now simply doesn't have enough story to fill 10 episodes, therefore we have pointless flashbacks and other assorted filler. No one on the show isn't even remotely trying to behave like they care.
    IIRC, she was the one who had the idea to infect True Blood with the virus. Yakuza are probably connected to the True Blood factories and they are pissed because they lost a huge source of income.

10. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

^ Didn't she also kill a Tru-Blood's CEO with a high heel fuckme pump? That would also be an additional reason, along with screwing up their big profit cash cow...

Q2

11. teacake

So have the yakuza only just appeared, when they came in and murdered her guru lover and tried to kill her? Was there zero yakuza mentions/sightings before this?

12. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I vaguely remember that happening.
    No. It was mentioned several times that Japanese were the ones who invented True Blood.

13. Mister Fandango

Correct. And it's been mentioned several times that the Yakuza are directly tied to the company that did so (who's name I can't recall at the moment).

Though this is the first season the Yakuza have been mentioned or involved in the story by name.

14. teacake

Oh I knew the Japanese invented it, I had forgotten about the Yakuza. Thanks.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I wondered about the Civil War flashbacks, too (at first I wondered how Bill could be in sunlight, but then I remembered it was the Being Human guy who got turned during the Revolution :rommie:). I'm assuming, or hoping, that they foreshadow something in a future episode-- particularly the part where he told his wife she was the only one he'd ever love.

16. teacake

I laughed out loud at the noble Bill leading the people through the ditch to freedom. In sepia.

17. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They couldn't have just left the Bill shit at him being a reluctant rebel. Nope. He had to be the fucking conductor on the Underground Railroad :lol:

Somehow this is still better than Under the Dome though.

18. Mister Fandango

I swear, the show's creative staff is full of fanfic writers.

19. teacake

So the Yakuza.. why the heck would they shoot up an entire convention of people just to get Sarah? Seems to be unnecessarily drawing attention to themselves :lol:

20. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Seems a bit over the top but they are the Yakuza, they love attention aaaand... this is True Blood we are talking about.;)