Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Captain X, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh

boushh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ :lol: :lol: Those are some priceless expressions right there. :)

I think that was an attempt at a wink that didn't quite get there. That's my guess. :) And if I remember right, Trip sort of tilts his head almost like he's trying to figure out what is up with her or something. ;) Which reminds me of how he starts to tell them what he brought and sort of slows down his sentence and never finishes it as T'Pol grabs the food and starts shovelling it in her mouth. :wtf: = Trip. :lol:

And yeah he does give Phlox a look of, "Good luck, looks like you need it." :)

2. Mitchell

Mitchell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: God that episode was awfull. :rolleyes:

But I do love that the whole time T'Pol was suffering from that false Ponn Far, she was just tryin to convince Phlox, or Reed to help her so she would just get it over with. ;) Yet when Trip entered into her view, she seemed a lot less eager to get it over with, an suddenly more interested. :lol: She was suddenly not seakin a means to an end, she was Suddenly intrigued, Hell she was Hungry. :lol: Phlox seemed to cease exsisting to her once she noticed Trip. Didnt he. :guffaw:

3. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

I guess I'm in the minority then since I don't see any special meaning or anything attached to it. Having her hang off of any guy in sight kind of negates any kind of attraction one might read into her looking at Trip that way. I'm sure if there wasn't a wall in between then she'd have jumped on him too since Phlox wasn't being cooperative with her. It's true enough that while I live to see JB/T'Pol in states of undress, because I'm a straight guy and all, but doing it just as a pathetic ratings grab like that is just... pathetic. I really felt sorry for T'Pol as a character and for Jolene Blalock as an actress for having to demean her character like that.

4. tothebridge

tothebridge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^I wouldn't say you're in the minority....I don't attach any special significance to the scene as a true "relationship" moment. The main thing I find interesting in the scene are the subtleties in facial expressions, especially those coming from Trip, as he is probably puzzled and a bit shocked by T'Pol's behavior.

One more S2 scene coming up from "The Expanse."

5. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

Of course he's puzzeled, she's never acted like that before. Back in Broken Bow she made a point of not touching her food with her hands, and even though they basically undid that with her eating popcorn in Horizon, I'd hope that the writers and TPTB might've remembered that, which is why htey contrasted it with how she basically all but plastered her face in her food. Plus with the way she was acting... yeah, different than how he's ever seen T'Pol act before, which would probably worry anyone that knew her and gave a damn about her.

6. tothebridge

^^Yeah, he's concerned, but I think one of the things that plays into the mix of reactions is that Trip probably isn't sure how worried he needs to be. On the one hand, Phlox is telling him that T'Pol has a slight fever and that there's no need for concern, and while T'Pol doesn't seem to be physically ill/depleted, she's acting pretty weird (staring and grabbing at her food). So Trip probably thinks there's something more going on but has to coordinate finding the Captain, so he leaves it to Phlox to handle and tells him to call if needed. And that factors into the mix of surprise/shock, puzzlement, and perhaps skepticism that plays out in Trip's expressions. At least that's how I saw it....

OK, to wrap up S2, a scene from "The Expanse." Trip and T'Pol aren't even in the scene together (which may be why this one doesn't get a lot of focus as a T/T moment), but I like it anyway because I think it's well played and also because it alludes to how Trip's view of T'Pol has changed over time.

Archer and Trip are having a drink as ENT head towards the Expanse. At this point, they still think T'Pol will be leaving ENT and returning to Vulcan.

Trip asks Archer if he's picked a new science officer.
    [​IMG]

Archer indicates that he hasn't.
    [​IMG]

Trip says, "You're gonna miss her, aren't you?"
    [​IMG]

Archer says that when T'Pol was first assigned, he wanted to strangle Soval....
    [​IMG]

Trip admits that T'Pol does sort of grow on you. :)
    [​IMG]

Archer seems surprised and says that he thought Trip would be the first to show her to the airlock.
    [​IMG]

Trip looks on for a moment
    [​IMG]

closes his eyes briefly
    [​IMG]

and drops his head. Awwwww....
    [​IMG]

7. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love Trip's expression that Bounty scene he's shocked at T'Pol's behavior the way she's staring at him and grabbed the plate and eating with her hands. That Expanse scene with Archer & Trip I think Archer was suprised about how much Trip liked T'Pol and just how deep his feelings were about her. I really like that the friendship between them was well portrayed here. Trip looks embarassed he admitted how much he likes T'Pol slipping out.

8. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

I hereby award you with a membership in the "Incredible Subtle Nuances" Screencap Club with that middle picture. I didn't even put that one up when I capped the scene. :lol:

Lovely pictures from a great scene, tothebridge. Thank you.

9. tennisgirl

tennisgirl Captain Captain

Well, we have some great screencappers in the team. :) tothebridge has been giving us some awesome material of the show's run on Sci-Fi, HR's collection is very detailed, and that shot on boushh's current avatar is driving me insane (in the good way). :thumbsup:

10. boushh

^^ Gotta love that kiss from "Similitude". I've had that episode on the brain lately for some reason. ;)

tothebridge, more great pictures as usual. I've always loved that somber closing of the eyes that Trip does.

11. tothebridge

^^Yeah, Similitude is definitely one of my favorites. So many poignant scenes, including the one in your avatar.

:lol: Thanks, that made my day. I enjoy trying to capture those subtle expressions, but there are times when I have to watch certain scenes a few times to decide if elements like "closed eyes" are really part of a meaningful expression or just the actor inadvertently blinking at a certain time. :lol: In that scene, it seems to fit with Trip's mood and the situation, though.

And Oops! I didn't realize you had already capped that scene (or I probably would've asked to just grab a few of yours). For some reason, I was thinking you had done most of S3 and S4. Which reminds me...when S3 and S4 come along I hope we can see more of your collection -- if you have time in between stories, that is.... :)

Anyway...glad y'all liked the screencaps. I know there are a lot of talented folks around here who maintain their own collections. I'll probably continue to cap at least some of S3 and S4 as we go along but probably not everything (since a lot of it already has been done), but hopefully, folks will feel free to join in and between all of us, we'll hit most of the key scenes/moments. :thumbsup:

12. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

You picked a pretty unique cap of that kiss too, I don't think I've ever seen one of that particliar frame like that. :)

13. tennisgirl

tennisgirl Captain Captain

Yeah, that's exactly it. That frame is quite unique, very nicely so. I love it. :)

14. boushh

^^ Here you go then. :)

[​IMG]

15. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Have you now?... :p

:D

Then we woulda missed that shot of Trip shutting his eyes! :) Worked out just fine, I'd say.

Errr... "some." From zero to hunnerds, depending on the episode. The ep I have the most caps for is, you guessed it, E2. :)

Please keep doing your own. You're getting mighty good at capturing moments that others don't have. :cool:

Oh, thank yoooooou! *saving*

16. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

Thanks boushh. :) Their lips are just ... wow. :D

17. Mitchell

Dang!! :eek: That is a pretty unusual cap there. :) An sweet to.

An those "Expance" caps are pretty good to. Nice lil teasin, an slightly embaressed scene there amongst all the seriousness of what lies ahead. But disspite Trip's last comment we all get the impression that Trip not only is gona miss her, he's gota know that the mission would be better off with T'Pol comin along.

Well I feel sorry for any actor thrust into a Ponn Far situation. :rolleyes: Its gota suck havin to act like a buck in the middle of a rutt. :rolleyes: Or in T'Pol's case a doe. I just think disspite all the gowdawwfullness of "Bounty" that in that one moment T'Pol is acting slightly different twards Trip, then she did Phlox or Reed. Maybe its just me lookin for a slightly redeamable speck in a pretty shitty episode, or not. But I could swear their is a difference in the way she came off there. :confused:

18. Hoshi's sis

Hoshi's sis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think its ironic though, that Jolene comments that she likes that episode and how T'Pol was portrayed - very serene, doe and cat like. She thought T'Pol was portrayed in a very feminine manner. I think its on her Season 2 commentary. I'll see if I can dig it out. I was :eek: :wtf: when I heard it.

19. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

I thought she hated that episode. :confused:

20. Mitchell

Yeah considering she was "there for the character story what ever" an not for the Sex appeal? :vulcan: :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.