TRIP/MICHAEL/CONNOR: You're All We Think About

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JiNX-01, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

SGA marathons all next week on SciFi channel as they wind down to the finale! All of Connor's episodes appear to be scheduled. Yay!!

2. erinanderson

erinanderson Ensign Red Shirt

Hi all! *waves* I'm a newbie here and just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm a Trek newbie as well and I have watched all of TOS, TNG, ENT and the movies. I am on season 2 of DS9 and plan on watching VOY as well. Out of all of the series, ENT remains my favorite (narrowly edging out TNG..TNG just gets a few more props cause it went longer). But out of all the characters on ENT, Trip is my favorite. I also enjoyed Connor's work on Atlantis as well and found the character of Michael to be one of my favorite recurring ones. I actually saw his work on Atlantis before I ever watched ENT and got quite the shock when I saw him on ENT.

3. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the THUG collective, erinanderson! You'll find plenty of very pretty diversions in this thread... so just feel free to explore to your heart's content and don't be shy about starting discussions about Our Man Trinneer (and his many yummy alter egos).

4. frenchman

frenchman Commander Red Shirt

hi, all, I'm a newbie too. I am a frenchman, so sorry for my english. I'm a big fan of ENT. My fav character is trip. In fact, in france scifi is not popular, but things are changing thanks BSG and stargate franchise. so, a few months ago, i watched the first episode of atlantis with connor in dvd and in the commentary, martin wood (the director of the episod) spoke about him and how he likes him in ENT. and of course, I liked the performance of connor as michael. A friend of mine send me the first season of Ent and finally, I bought the entire serie.
    My favorite is the third and the fourth, except the last episod which for me doesn't even exist.

connor, for me, is the best actor in ENT with scott Bakula, though I think, sometimes, connor steal the show to bakula. he is very talented and it's a shame that he has not his own show, but I'm sure that someday....

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hello Erin Anderson and Frenchman it's nice to see new Enterprise fans here. Connor is a wonderful actor all of the Enterprise cast are good actors it's ome of the reasons I enjoyed the series so much.:) Connor is also the reason i watched Stargate Atlantis too.

6. erinanderson

I do enjoy pretty diversions. Especially of Connor. I desperately want to attend the Vegas con this year (I feel that with the new movie coming out in May that this will be the year for attending a Trek con) but that won't happen unless I get a good job upon graduating in May. And with the economy that way it is right now, I think I might have a tough time of it. *sigh* At any rate, if I can't go I'll just have to content myself with any pictures that people might have of any events that Connor choose to attend this year. ;)

7. erinanderson

Thank you Reanok! *waves* I mainly watched Atlantis because I am a big SG-1 fan, it was my first real introduction into Sci-Fi fandom. I just really felt that the character of Michael introduced an ethical conundrum to Atlantis that sadly I think the TPTB never really fully explored.

8. frenchman

thank you reanok, totally agree with you.

agree too with you. I think after the second season, the writers has lost their inspiration, because a lot of episodes were, well, how to say, .... and yes, the character of michael has never really fully explored (i think about the relationship between michael and teyla, one thing amongst others)

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

:lol: Funny how many people have that reaction. You might want to check out the Enterprise novel "The Good That Men Do." It'll restore your faith...

Connor has had quite a few guest appearances on popular TV series before and after Enterprise.

I don't know how many might be available overseas:

After Enterprise:

You know about the Stargate episodes.

Numb3rs: episode "Toxin."
    Close to Home: episode "Privilege."
    Without a Trace: "Fade Away"
    Criminal Minds: "Minimal Loss"
    NCIS: "Jeopardy"
    Family Guy: "Road to Rupert" (cameo "voice" appearance)
    Manchild: "Pilot"

Before Enterprise: no particular order
    "Far East": plays a gay naval officer.
    "61*": HBO movie (2001)
    Sliders: "Prophets and Loss"
    Touched by an Angel: "Seek and Ye Shall Find"
    ER: "Sharp Relief" (he's only in the opening teaser; but he had lines!)
    Pensacola: Wings of Gold: "Trials and Tribulations"
    Gideon's Crossing: "The Way"
    Freaky Links: "Three Thirteen"

10. frenchman

i saw the ncis episode : very good show and very popular in france. the episode with connor was great. bad guy but i liked the interaction with lauren holy.

close to home : i saw it, a few days ago. the show were crappy, but connor was in it and it was good (he was very fit, i dont' merely recognize him)

criminial minds : i saw it too, connor might have his place in the team. i would like in an another episode.

without a trace : i don't see it yet.

numbers : oh, my god, i hate this show. but soon as the episode with connor is aired, i'll watch

far east : i would see it, i have read some critics about it, and they are very good.

for the novel, i'm going to check if it's available in France, i doubt about it but who knows.

oh, and i wait to see him on 24 (though i think that manny coto might have propose more than one episode but it's better than nothing) and on the sarah connor chronicles (i don't know the show but i know that it will be aired soon in France and by the way, i have read an interview of the producer of this show and he said that the most of the guest star die on it so we know what to expect) and of course termination shock

11. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Manny and Brannon (they're both with "24") appeared at the Creation Vegas convention last summer and Manny said they were looking at the possibility of Connor appearing in more than one episode. They hadn't sketched out the entire season at the time... Haven't heard any good news on that so far, so, unfortunately, I'm not hopeful.

12. Hoshi's sis

Hoshi's sis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good news, Connor is down for the Vegas con again this year. I am seriously debating whether to go again.

13. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

He seems to appear at a lot of conventions. It is easy to think that he is appearing so often that overexposure would lesson his draw. After seeing the lines he pulled last year at Vegas I know better. In fact, I think there are a few here (yes Jinx-01 and Pensive, I'm talking about you) that would like to witness some, ... ummm ... overexposure. :devil:

14. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Roomie?

What on Earth makes you say something like that? We just think he's a great actor... Honest. :drool: Really. :drool: Swear to God. :drool: Seriously. :drool:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  15. Reanok

Great news that Connor's going to be at the the Las Vegas convention again.:techman::)

16. Hoshi's sis

Hoshi's sis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sure. I'm not going to book anything for a few months though in case he decides to appear at a cheaper con elsewhere.

17. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I've already signed for Shore Leave (registration fee is refundable and I wrote on my registration form "please invite Connor!"; I even have a room in the convention hotel) and Dragon Con Atlanta (only $60, I figure if I don't go, I'm not out much).
    They've also moved the Northeast Creation Trek con to Parsippany, N.J., only 2.5 hour drive for me! If they sign CT there, that's where I'll go! :cool:

18. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Start saving up and come! You can get off pretty cheap by staying at a less expensive hotel and take the monorail.

19. Reanok

I'd like to come to Las Vegas and go to a convention and meet you. And see Connor maybe somday i can go to vegas again.

20. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I want to the last one and really enjoyed meeting the people here. My mistake was signing up for photos and autographs from all the Enterprise cast. Next time I will wait until the schedule comes out BEFORE I buy photo tickets. What a mess that was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.