Trek writers original works

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for the replies, guys.

My question may be moot. I pre-ordered this from Amazon and they hold pretty fast to delivering Star Trek novels on their release dates and no sooner. It stands to reason that a Tor release won't be delivered earlier either. Oh, well.

Only a month to go before I can dig into this sucker! :)

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Oh, I should have posted here:

The fantasy anthology Ghost Archipelago: Tales Of The Lost Isles, in which I have a short story, was recently released by Osprey.

A few weeks ago I sold an original SF novel to an Australian publisher, Severed Press, which will be out in the Spring - it's called Triton Swarm.

On the nonfiction front, also in the Spring, my wife and I have cowritten the first volume of a trio of books on Sapphire And Steel (others have written the second and third books), which will launch the Silver Archive range from Obverse. Ours covers Adventures One and Two.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Greg Cox likes this.
  3. David Weller

David Weller Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. David Mack

David Mack Writer Commodore

I just hope all of you have pre-ordered The Midnight Front, including extra copies to give as gifts. :)

Sto-Vo-Kory likes this.
  6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I can now announce that Among the Wild Cybers: Tales Beyond the Superhuman, a story collection reprinting nearly all of my previously uncollected short fiction, will soon be published by eSpec Books. Better yet, the collection will also feature "Aspiring to Be Angels," a new, never-before-published novelette starring Emerald Blair, the Green Blaze, in her first print appearance since Only Superhuman!

More details on my blog: https://christopherlbennett.wordpre...ild-cybers-and-the-return-of-the-green-blaze/

7. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

FYI, my second thriller novel Exile is out now in paperback...

8. Dimesdan

Dimesdan Living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I picked my copy up a while ago in Trade. Not read it yet though.

James Swallow likes this.
  9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Making the (hopefully) final corrections to my next LIBRARIANS novel today.

Plaristes likes this.
  10. David Mack

Just a friendly reminder, folks: my new original secret history / fantasy Dark Arts series launches this coming Tuesday, January 30, from Tor Books with the release of my WW2 fantasy war epic The Midnight Front.

The first book is being released in four formats simultaneously: hardcover, trade paperback, eBook, and digital audio. Whichever format you prefer, all will be available on the same day. Links to most major retailers are available from my website.

If you're curious to know more about the series, learn more about it, its characters, and its magick system on midnightfront.com. Read Chapter One here, or listen to Chapter One (audiobook excerpt). Watch a video of me reading from Chapter 10.

This project has been a labor of love on which I've toiled for many years. If you've enjoyed my Star Trek novels, I hope you'll take a chance and follow me on this new literary adventure.

[​IMG]

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll be getting this first thing in the morning Tuesday. It'll probably be a little while before I get around to reading it though.

12. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Moderator

Quick reminder - if you want to discuss the books themselves here in the trek lit forum, I'll allow it in this thread but remember to be VERY diligent in spoiler coding things please!

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I saw THE MIDNIGHT FRONT on sale at a B&N in Lancaster, PA this weekend. A friendly sales clerk told me they had already sold a copy.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got the e-book of The Midnight Front first thing this morning, and I'll start it once I finish the first chapter of Sight Unseen.

15. RuthlessNate

RuthlessNate Lieutenant Red Shirt

So, Google reminded me this morning that The Midnight Front by Peter David was released today...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  16. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^I saw that too. I had felt it was off..

17. David Mack

Not sure how Google fucked that up. All I know is, it wasn't Tor's fault, and it wasn't mine.

18. RuthlessNate

RuthlessNate Lieutenant Red Shirt

Time to grab the torches and pitchforks and knock down Peter David's door!

19. David Mack

I was able to submit corrections to the Google summary result. Not sure how long it will take them to update the information.

20. marlboro

marlboro Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018