Trek Movie Marathon

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by urbandefault, Jan 5, 2014.

1. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hope this is the right place for this:

Over the last three days I've run all 12 Trek movies in order. I won't go into long reviews because I'm sure it's been done to death, but here are a few thoughts...

TMP: Still a great movie, even though it's slow in spots. I love the flyaround of the refit.

TWOK: The shots of the "Reliant" bridge make it look tiny. Montalban was great, and a perfect foil for Shatner. The "KHAAAAAN!" worked for me, as a continuation of the ruse to throw Khan off the track.

TSFS: I don't like the "Planet Hell" sets, but it's still a good story. Kirk's line "My god Bones, what have I done?" is classic.

TVH: Always as much fun as when I saw it in the theater back in 1986.

TFF: No complaints. I like the story, even if it isn't what was intended.

TUC: One of my favorites.

GEN: It's ok. I like Star Trek movies, and this is one of them.

FC: Better than GEN.

INS: For all the hate, I actually like this one.

NEM: Meh. Looking back, it seems like Tom Hardy might have used his experience with Patrick Stewart to do a bad impression in Dark Knight Rises.

ST09: Flaws and all, not a bad reboot. Casting Karl Urban as McCoy was a stroke of genius.

STID: Not as bad as some people say, but it could have been much better. I expect more from the next film.

So, after all this my favorites are still the first 6 movies. I grew up with Shatner and Nimoy in those roles, and it will be a long time, in my opinion, before anyone can do Trek better than they did.