T'Pol

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Trekfan12, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Jacob Bos

Jacob Bos Ensign Red Shirt

The first season of Enterprise didn't do a thing for me, later seasons improved incrementally, but at the end of the day I wan't nearly as excited when it came on as I was with the other Trek iterations.

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Many ENT fans champion the show's final year, but Season 3 was the best. The show really hit it's stride, and then Season 4 became all fan-wanky, as others have noted, before. T'Pol's adventures on Vulcan weren't that hot and I didn't care for how it was presented. Despite this, I happen to like The Forge, very much. It's the only episode in that arc that holds together 'well.' Though, the galloping, CGI sehlat that won't climb a mild incline and is easily startled, I found risible. But, yeah ... Vulcan really looks like shit. The thrift of these episodes really shows.

Jacob Bos likes this.
  3. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is that the first part? If so, I like the part where the Vulcan mystic says to Archer "Vulcans cannot lie" which we've hear Vulcans say so many times, but Archer replies "I've met with the High Command; and they can lie, and cheat with the best of them."

And the Vulcan replies "Oh, oh, but they don't follow the TRUE teachings of Surak"

Nyotarules and Jacob Bos like this.
  4. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just wanted to add: Happy 42nd Birthday to Jolene. A couple of days ago.
    Saw a vacation pic of her and she's apparently into body building to recover from having three kids. She still looks great. But somebody needs to stop putting her in a lot of makeup for events. She becomes unrecognizable.

Jacob Bos likes this.
  5. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could not stand her or her character at the beginning of ENT. She became one of my favorite characters in all Trek. What growth. A vulcan who gets addicted, a daughter, a mother without her consent, whose child dies, and a trusted and loyal second to her captain. She is probably the best thing about ENT imho.

Long Syntax and HopefulRomantic like this.
  6. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Yeah Tuvok's backstory is interesting and a lot of what he says indicates sarcasm or disbelief.

That episode I believe Timeless where he tells Neelix "he is an unending source of astonishment". That was gold.

I would love to see Jolene make an appearance in Discovery.

7. Manuuk7

Manuuk7 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I started watching earlier this month because I ran out of mini-series on Netflix. I have become a rabid fan. I think season 3 is beyond brilliant. T'Pol is definitely my favourite character, and I am/was a die-hard Spock fan. Glad to now have two favourites.

8. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    I always though she looked a lot hotter with her hair long or her MU version.

Captain Rob likes this.