Spoilers TP: Zero Sum Game by David Mack Review Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Oct 21, 2010.

?

How would you rate Zero Sum Game?

1. Outstanding

42 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. Above Average

83 vote(s)
    45.9%
  3. Average

46 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. Below Average

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Poor

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Zero Sum Game Review thread

Heh. I was born and raised with Christian beliefs and celebrate Christmas every year.

However, I use the word "holiday" just to piss off morons people like Bill O'Reilly. :guffaw:

2. Almost Unique

Almost Unique Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, if I'm talking to a WASP I might as well say "Christmas," and if I run into someone of another religion, I'll say whatever's appropriate or just hi. It's not like we have to say the same thing to every person we speak to. I prefer to respect people as individuals. Saying "holidays" to someone you know, if you know what belief system they ascribe to, actually seems insulting to me.

3. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Humbug. :cool:

5. Shane Houston

Shane Houston Commander Red Shirt

Something has been bugging me since the Destiny novels. We have an idea what the Aventine lexterior looks like. But what about interiors? For the life of me when I'm reading the novels I keep picturing Ezri on the last known bridge we saw on screen from that era, the Enterprise-E. I know I'm supposed to use my imagination but does anyone have any ideas? I have the same problem with the Titan. In ZSG I was distracted and taken out of the story trying to picture interiors.

6. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Now, i might me mistaken, but i have a distinct recollection of Mr Rademaker stating that interiors were in progress.

I imagine the aventines bridge as a cross between the enterprise E and the intrepid. Titan, i haven't really thought of.

7. Enterprise1981

See my Luna-class schematics from my fanon with modifications in mind based descriptions of the Titan's bridge. For the Aventine, I'm picturing an even more futuristic design than that the Enterprise-E or the Abrams-verse 1701. So far for the captain's quarters, I imagine a living area with a viewport that extends all the way down the floor.

8. ares93

hmm, thats actually a great idea. Mind if the Kir'Shara receives one of those viewports?

9. Rush Limborg

Ever since KRAD depicted Ezri's ready room desk as being too tall for her (her legs dangle from the chair), I'd pictured Ezri as rennovating the room so that the "lowered" desk is on a platform, encompasing the back of the room, a step above the front. That way, her feet won't dangle, and she won't look small to anyone who sits across from her (the other seats are in the "front half").

10. Enterprise1981

I suppose if I'm paid hypothetical royalties. ;) :)

For some reason with the Aventine, I often imagine the interiors of Hidden Frontier's USS Helena (although I'm not sure where those sets originate since HF used optically inserted backdrops).

11. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Just finished Typhon Pact. Lots of high points -- Bashir's inner struggle, the exploration of Breen culture, an action/spy thriller plot that's not done much in Trek lit that I know of, and the varied action for starters. I loved the Google-inspired commercial advertising on the Breen world. :lol: I fear for the good doctor given the plot twist with Sarina revealed in the final pages, though.

12. Enterprise1981

^ She's as affiliated with Section 31 as the actress who played her all those years ago is with Fox News. :lol:

13. ares93

^ I have no affiliations with poster above. Anything that might have looked like conversation in the past was in fact mere accident. I don know him, and i dont not condone his actions or statements. To claim that a fictional department from a sci fi show and the almighty Fox News have anything, at all, in common in common is heresy. And its is something is despise with all my heart. I am loyal to Fox News and will not participate in anything that might make Fox News look bad, or otherwise hurt Fox news.

All hail to Fox News

*Salute*

14. Enterprise1981

Are you saying you are loyal to Fox News, yet do not condone the actions of Section 31? That's the same as being a Republican and disagreeing with the face of Fox News himself, Mister Bill O'Reilly. You can't do that. ;)

15. ares93

No sir. I do not condone your opinion. Which quite clearly stated that you compared Fox news to an organization that has commited despiccable crimes.

Btw, i clicked your link. Damn she hot.:drool:

16. Enterprise1981

So in other words, that was awfully foolish of Ezri to suggest that Julian has nothing more than a schoolboy crush on a someone once portrayed by my current "older woman crush". :)

17. Rush Limborg

^I think Ezri was on to something...but her motives were wrong. I strongly believe it was jealousy on her part--and frustration that Julian's basically leaving her behind, just when she's trying to make things right....

Well, interestingly enough, I'm more sympathetic to 31 than most. I think you'd love my tale in the FanFic Forum of how Luther Sloan became what he is.

It doesn't necessarily condone his decison...but I think it'd help one understand it. In effect--"We Report, You Decide".

And yes, in case you didn't pick it up through the avatar...I am an avid viewer of FOX News. I will not coment further, lest I invoke The Wrath Of Sci.

18. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

"SCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

</ Shatner >

19. Rush Limborg

(wicked chuckle) On the other hand...

"Sci...I'm laughing at the 'superior intellect'...." :evil:

20. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

Just amazed me that they set Sarina as having willingly gone into Section 31. I agree with the above poster that it makes me worried for the future of our good Dr. Bashir. He'll completely freak out when he finds this out, should he ever do so!