TOS set plans

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Ian Simpson, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Ian Simpson

Ian Simpson Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone long time lurker here first time poster.
    I am just into computer graphic/modelling and I have recreated the bridge of the Enterprise and 90% of the corridor set. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5iuty0mwgllqo0/HighresScreenshot00001.png?dl=0
    However I am struggling with the engine room there seems only to be a floor plan for this area. I am aware that The Star continues team managed to put together a set of detailed plans but I have no idea where to look.
    I have triad guessing but then trying to put meshes together the look and feel just is not right.
    Dose anyone have any ideas.

Kind regards

Ian

Kor, Satron, dmac and 2 others like this.
  2. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Have you contacted the groups that have build TOS sets, like STNV, STC, etc?

3. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really nice texture job. I'm more of a MAYA guy but 3DSMax does outstanding work as well. I think the only thing I don`t see is Sulu's scope? But proportions look right on to my eye...
    Congrats

4. Ian Simpson

I haven't and to be honest I'm not sure who to approach, but I have found out that STC did make detailed plans of the set.

5. Ian Simpson

Thank you for your comments I'm glad you liked it.

6. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really a great job!!! Some of your displays are not quite correct and the flashing is way off but I'm probably the only one that would notice, lol. Seriously, it looks fantastic! I'm the guy who did the plans and built the STC engine room. You can PM me if you need help.

Will

7. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Have a search through here for set plans - there's a *very* extensive thread details set drawing and where to find them on the web.

dJE

8. Ian Simpson

Wow thank you so much for getting in touch. I have seen the videos of the rebuilt sets of the TOS Engine room and it's an immense job I would love to see it. I have "tried" to re create the engine room but it's a very confusing room with so many different arrangements and there is no dimensions that I can find to recreate it I've only been doing this since May 2017 so I'm still learning to use 3ds max and the unreal engine. I am doing this solely for pleasure and I was planning to make available a TOS first person virtual walkthrough version when I'm finished. I have done the bridge, turbo lift and corridor so far so any help you could give me with regard to the engine room would be fantastic. Thanks again for contacting me.

Kind Regards
    Ian

9. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

That was awesome. I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a photo or a screen-grab of the real thing.

10. Ian Simpson

Thanks so much

11. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Very nice

12. Ian Simpson

I'm unable to private message you as I have only joined today. my e-mail is tiansimpson@yahoo.co.uk if you can help me with the TOS Engine room . Thanks again Ian

13. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Please consider making this available to fan filmmakers who do their work with green screens.

14. Maurice

Maurice Fact Trekker Premium Member

Look in the fan art forum. That's where 3D modeling and set recreations get discussedfrequently.

15. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I was going to mention that this thread probably belongs in the Fan Art section, not the Fan Production section.

16. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

17. Ian Simpson

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked through these forums for days / weeks before posting I've seen a lot of pictures but no detailed to scale drawings of TOS engineering, lots of the bridge and corridors but all I have for engineering is a to scale picture of the first console and floor plan :( I have built the first console and display for engineering but having messed around with scales for the rest I've given up not enough info sadly..

18. Maurice

Maurice Fact Trekker Premium Member

Ask Donny in his threads under Fan Art (like ThIS one). He may be able to point you to the references you need.

19. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

If you can get ahold of Robert Simmons, he might be willing to help you.