• Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kilana2

Vice Admiral
Admiral
I've decided to create a review thread for this one. I'm looking forward to reading it because of some special apprearances.... ;).

It would be nice, if Defcon could add a blurb and a cover, as I have no clue where to get it legally. Thanks and enjoy!

It would be nice, if Defcon could add a blurb and a cover, as I have no clue where to get it legally. Thanks and enjoy!

Amazon may not pay as much tax as they should, but they are a legal source of the information you need.

I usually go to simonandschuster.biz, as they have both the blurbs and high res versions of the covers (you have to scroll down a bit). http://books.simonandschuster.biz/E...d/Star-Trek-The-Original-Series/9781501111297

elusive-salvation-9781501111297_hr_zpswhxewy7n.jpg

Blurb:
An all-new Star Trek adventure across time—the latest of the acclaimed Original Series novels!

The Arctic Circle, 1845: Escaping the tyranny under which their people have lived for generations, aliens from a distant planet crash land on Earth’s inhospitable frozen wastes. Surviving the harsh conditions will pose a challenge, but over time the aliens will migrate to more populated areas, with decades passing as they work to conceal their presence from their former oppressors, who continue to hunt them at any cost.

San Francisco, 2283: When a mysterious craft is detected entering the solar system, Admiral James Kirk is dispatched by Starfleet to confront the vessel. He meets with an emissary from the Iramahl, a previously unknown alien race who have come in search of their brothers and sisters thought to have gone missing in this area of space centuries earlier. Having recently thrown off the last chains of subjugation by another species, the Ptaen, they now believe their lost people hold the key to saving their entire race from eventual extinction.

New York, 1970: Roberta Lincoln, young protégé of the mysterious agent Gary Seven, is shocked when she receives the oddest request for help—from the future…

Was in my locals Chapters this evening and they had about a dozen on the shelves already...

EDIT: Online inventory shows all stores in the area have them!

Ooo, the Roberta Lincoln part of the blurb suggests (to me) that this might have some connections to From History's Shadow, "The Aliens Are Coming!" and Assignment: Earth. Usually I don't bother with standalone TOS novels, but if that's the case I'll probably pick this one up.

^I think this is a sequel of sorts to From History's Shadow

Yep, from Dayton's blog:

I’m now able to share the back cover copy for Elusive Salvation, a Star Trek original series tale that also serves as a sequel to my 2013 novel From History’s Shadow.

I didn’t write From History’s Shadow with the idea of some day developing a sequel, but reader response and sales were strong enough that my editors welcomed the idea. My original intent was to maybe pitch a novella or two that could be published in e-Book format, but then I came up with an idea I thought could sustain a full-length novel. Unlike the first book, I did write this one with the idea that I could follow up on certain plot points if sales and reader reaction warrant it. You’ll have to read it to see what I mean

https://daytonward.wordpress.com/20...-salvation-my-sequel-to-from-historys-shadow/

No sign of it yet at the local B&N locations. But that's hardly surprising, this early in the game. Besides, my B&N 20% off coupons were better used for the other two books I'm taking on my Spring vacation: Nesbit's Toxic Tea, and Rabin-Hayt's Lies, Incorporated. Elusive Salvation should be out in plenty of time.

I Pre-ordered this book I can't wait to read this book when I finally get my copy at long last!:):bolian:

It's finally available on Amazon.de. I've ordered it. Maybe I can hold it in my hands on Saturday.

Back