Tin Man episode question

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Nakita Akita, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking that the Enterprise did not have wifi because of security.

Limiting the connections to the outside trying to crack their prefix codes.

Think of how the kids would complain.

24th century kids living like its 1599 hanging out for live theatre.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gomtuu must have been able to provide for the needs of an entire crew (before they died) so it stands to reason that it'd be easy for it to do so for Tam alone.

And as Gomtuu clearly has an inbuilt transporter and replicator, and also plenty of interior space, Tam would not want for anything. He'd have plenty of space to live and work.

I'm sure Tam's mental connection with Gomtuu would take care of everything.

Assuming that full Betazoids would have the same "sexual needs" as humans do (which is not really a given).

3. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well we know Betazoids get extra horny as they get older because it's part of their nature from that time .Lwaxana Troi came aboard looking for a husband. I guess it doesn't always show though because she didn't seem like that in future episodes though she did have that romance with the guy who had to die because he was turning 60 and also a marriage that got called off and another on DS9 that ended in divorce.

Jason

4. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

We know Betazoid women go through the phase, but no idea about men. Troi likened it to human female menopause.

5. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Tin Man, as I have mentioned before, is a version of the STTMP plot. What happened at the end of TMP is basically what happened at the end of Tin Man...same VFX too.

RAMA

Dukat's Major likes this.