Things you never noticed until now

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by tomalak301, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks. Carrying on another Trek tradition of the green but gold under the lights uniforms from TOS.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Archer was referenced when Saru googled "famous Starship captains" and one of the background aliens in the canteen in episode 3 or 4 looked suspiciously like a Denobulan.

3. MAGolding

MAGolding Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That doesn't make much of a difference, since Hoshi is the only member of the main cast with blue or green stripes. I don't know if any other crew members also have stripes of that color.

I looked at a bunch of images of Hoshi and in most her stripes were clearly green and in some they were clearly blue. So I guess the lighting was very inconsistent.

4. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'd think it would be a tablet, maybe she likes taking written notes?

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Cutler, Novakovich and others in science and medical wore the blue/green stripe.

adm58 and Tim Thomason like this.
  6. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are three maib divisions in all the Star Trek series. Enterprise, taking its cue from TOS, has gold for command, red for operations, and blue-ish for sciences.

Since their Science Officer and CMO aren't Starfleet, that leaves only Sato as the lone sciences department member of the main cast. Archer and Mayweather wore command. Tucker and Reed wore operations. T'Pol and Phlox wore their own thing.

As said above, we've seen plenty of science department members. Also including Crewman Baird and at least 24 unnamed crewmembers throughout the series.

7. Tenacity

Why is a communication officer in sciences? I would think command like Travis.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well Xenolinguistics is a science.

Maybe.

9. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I wonder if they could combine a few different roles; a bit of psychology, cultural history, communications, linguistics, customs, etc, all rolled into one station that is supposed to understand how to deal with communicating with alien species. It could save a lot of the usual trek-trope plots-due-to-cultural-misunderstanding lol.

10. MDwyerPhD

MDwyerPhD Ensign Newbie

In an Enterprise series reboot, I would like to see plots involving species interaction in the immediate galactic neighborhood, i.e., the members of the nascent alliance.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Like the Andorians, the Vulcans and the Tellerites? Oh, wait, they did that in the show.

12. MDwyerPhD

MDwyerPhD Ensign Newbie

I am new at this; please indulge me. An excerpt from my Star Trek: Enterprise the Movie script, is dialogue from a Romulan by the name of Riva. She is hired to offer commentary on a blockbuster presentation in Romulus by T'Pol of Vulcan:

As for me, I was surgically altered decades ago to pass as human. I was sent to Earth to learn all that I could. Due to my lack of performance, I was ultimately ordered home and drummed out of the intelligence service. Rather than spending my time finding out about military information and the like while on Earth, I was seduced by the well-deserved human reputation for passion and the art that mirrors that passion. Humans are truly unique when it comes to warp-capable species in this part of the galaxy. I visited opera one night, and an outside, day, jazz concert, in the company of thousands, the next. I attended many sporting events. Poetry readings were a favorite pastime of mine. The list is quite endless. You can see why I did not get much spy work done!

I hope you will agree with me that ever so much more can be done beyond that in "the show" as you put it. BTW, I have proof that Michael Greene and Associates, representing John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox), solicited my registered script. Unfortunately, I have no more than one-way communication since. I have no interest in fame or fortune in my 60th year and suffering grave diseases, including familial blood cancer. I am convinced, however, that a film true to my script will be well-received, and to the point of rebooting Enterprise in a new, and indeed different, kind of series. I have more on this point if anyone wants to know. Takers?

13. Tenacity

Well, not so much the Tellarites, certainly not to the extent they did (fantastic) with the Andorians.

14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think you’re in the wrong thread.

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I took a break from Enterprise to rewatch Battlestar Galactica but now I’m back to it (and also started a DS9 watch again) with Cease Fire. I love this episode and think yeah Enterprise was a pretty good sequel because of episodes like that. While the Federation won’t be around for a long while, it all started with these talks over a planetary dispute.

16. tomalak301

I've made it to the Xindi Arc. Really looking forward to visiting season 3. I still wish we could have found out who future guy was.

17. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In one of Christopher Bennet's books we find out who Future Guy was. I can't recall the name of the book right now. But the story is really good.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  18. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

^ I read a funny fanfction story where Future guy was Trip, working for the DTI to save baby Elizabeth and as a side piece he changed the timeline so T'Pol did not marry Koss, but married him instead lol

19. tomalak301

I think Season 3 gets better on every rewatch, mainly the early parts of the season. I remember thinking this season meandered along but there's some things happening I'm really enjoying, knowing the big picture and what is to come. You have the introduction to Trillium D and how it impacts T'pol in Impulse, Exile leading right into The Shipment, finding out more about the Spheres and how they shaped the expanse, and my favorite part, knowing more about The Xindi, who I still think are Trek's most interesting and underrated race next to the Cardassians.

One thing I noticed though in I'm watching the Council scenes more closely than before. There is so much disagreement between the Reptillians/Insectoids and the other three members. Considering what we learned from Grillik, I wonder how the Council has stayed intact all this time. Granted, we know it comes a part to end the season but with the homeworld destroyed, the Xindi being kind of a nomadic group of races, and what went on with the Reptilians, it is interesting to see that fracture of the council take place a lot sooner than I thought.

Man I really hope
    when the Klingon War ends in Discovery
    we might be able to see other races, like the Xindi again. Heck, with CGI as advanced as it is now, we could even maybe spend an entire episode in the Aquatic area.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
  20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Department of Temporal Investigations: Watching the Clock.