Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Strong opinions based on misinformation or misunderstanding of a topic, and the refusal to adjust said opinions in the light of correct information.

Kor

Random_Spock and Sibyl like this.
  2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm currently at my parents' place which is one big argh-moment after the other. My brother is a messie and while I tidy one corner he messes up the other 3 of the respective room. It's a bit like trying to stem an avalanche. I'm utterly frustrated that my parents don't even manage to dress him down. With a little pressure from their side, he'd at least confine his activities to his part of the house.

3. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

Some will probably see this from one perspective and perhaps some will see it from mine.

My mom's cat, for the first time, peed out the side of his litterbox. He pees strangely for a male cat, anyway, but he's very good at hitting his mark.

She complained to no end how gross it was that she had to clean it up yesterday and how disgusting it was that he'd done that.

I see it as one of those aspects of being an animal caretaker (I hate the word owner. Sounds too slavemaster-like to me).

I told her that if any time he does that again to call me and I'll come over to clean it up.

Do animals sometimes do things that are gross to humans? Of course. It's all part of the deal.

I just wish she saw him as more than just a responsibility. She loves him in her way, but it's certainly not the way I love my girls.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

God damn mosquitoes. They attack me any time I'm out after dark. The other night, I was out helping hubby with some yard work--maybe 30 minutes--and I was just swarmed by the bastards. They always come right for me but this time was nuts.

I have 18 bites on my right arm, from my fingers to my shoulder; only 3 or 4 on my left and two on my neck. This is the second night in a row I've needed a Benadryl just to get to sleep. I'm going to have to wear long sleeves for days, because it looks like I have chicken pox or something, with all these red spots all over me. :censored::censored:

Random_Spock likes this.
  6. Sibyl

7. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I like to run long distances in the afternoons but I hate it when I go through a swarm of mosquitoes, I usually end up swallowing a few of them!!! Of course, they die before they could cause me any harm but it's still grating!

8. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a lot of mosquitoes around me and the one thing that works pretty well is Off spray. They have one that is unscented and goes on dry. Great, now I sound like a commercial.

Random_Spock and Sibyl like this.
  9. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Webinars. Having to do them. At work.

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well for today, over the PA, an announcement was made asking everyone to remain in their seats on a plane so that the paramedics could get through. Did most of the people stay seated? - Getting their bags seemed to be far more important to most of them:(

11. Butters

Down our way, we call those type of people cunts, because of the cuntish behaviour they exhibit.

Sibyl likes this.
  12. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the passenger I was sat next to and I just looked at each other and went WTF?. - It's also the first time I've heard (midflight) the flight crew asking if there was anyone with medical experience aboard.

Sibyl likes this.
  13. Butters

It’s happened on a flight for me once, but everyone was fine about it, and there were a lot of medics on board, which quite reassuring. And everyone remained seated while the paramedics boarded.

Sibyl likes this.
  14. Butters

Today’s frustration. Remembering another book from childhood but not remembering enough of it to track it down.

Sibyl likes this.
  15. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Perhaps if you divulged the details that you do remember, someone from this site would know what it is.

16. Butters

Good idea. There’s two now.

One is a children’s book of Trains. Probably published in the seventies by Usborne, and I think called Railways and Trains. I found a similar title but with a different cover. For a penny and the delivery charge, I’m going to order a secondhand one. It was full of colour cut away pictures, and bits on railway building, history, locos, monorails, seventies experiments and even abandoned railways.

The other one is a ladybird book from the early eighties. It was a story about an alive bus or coach, and all the vehicles has faces much like Thomas the Tank Engine, or Carz. I remember the cover being orange, but I could be wrong.

I’ve become compelled lately to restore my childhood book collection , and I’m not doing to badly so far.

17. Sibyl

For the longest time, I couldn't remember the name of a book (well, we watched a cartoon in Kindergarten about it). All I could remember is a little boy standing on top of a planet that was smaller than he was (in the animation).

And now I know it's "The Little Prince". I could not remember anything other than that, and no one else that I knew could remember, or even knew what I was talking about.

18. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Possibly?

[​IMG]

19. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I know that book very well, though I suppose that by now you have all the information you need.

Sibyl likes this.
  20. Butters

That’s it! Thank you.

Kor, Random_Spock, Discofan and 2 others like this.