Things that frustrate us all

Has anyone ever had a problem with that fighting leprechaun logo?
I don’t know what team or even sport uses it sorry.

People who drive without knowing or forgetting to turn their headlights on, especially here in the Pacific Northwest in the winter, where it can be overcast and still dark at almost 8am and gets dark by 4pm.

It can be downright scary sometimes having an oncoming car heading straight towards you with no headlights that you don't see until the last moment.

People who drive without knowing or forgetting to turn their headlights on, especially here in the Pacific Northwest in the winter, where it can be overcast and still dark at almost 8am and gets dark by 4pm.

It can be downright scary sometimes having an oncoming car heading straight towards you with no headlights that you don't see until the last moment.
:techman::techman::techman::techman::techman:
A pet peeve of mine as well. Lights are not just for seeing, they're also for being seen.

Same here, I really learned just how important they are a few months ago on a dark and cloudy day, when I almost crossed the street in front of an oncoming car, which I didn't see because it didn't have it's headlights on.

I have oak trees on one side of my front yard. Spanish moss grows in them in clumps. I kind of like the way it looks in the trees. I was out watering the plants and a car slowed down and stopped in front of my house. An old guy got out and started pulling moss off the tree.
I said "excuse me!" and he looked at me and said "Can I have these? We're setting up a nativity scene in our yard." I said fine and he went on his merry. I just can't believe people just blatantly drive up and take something out of your yard without even asking first. I was standing right there.
Wow, that's pretty gutsy, I'd be afraid the person would shoot me or something.

Had a customer come in and said that the windshield wipers he had bought from O'Reilly and installed on his Nissan Rogue were defective and he wanted us to install new ones.

Write up a ticket, grab a pair of windshield wipers, hand it out to a technician who goes outside to the car.

Technician comes back in a few moments later and hands me the yellow protective strips that the customer had forgotten to remove or didn't know about.

We sent him on his way without charging him, but we should have for wasting our time.

Had a customer come in and said that the windshield wipers he had bought from O'Reilly and installed on his Nissan Rogue were defective and he wanted us to install new ones.

Write up a ticket, grab a pair of windshield wipers, hand it out to a technician who goes outside to the car.

Technician comes back in a few moments later and hands me the yellow protective strips that the customer had forgotten to remove or didn't know about.

We sent him on his way without charging him, but we should have for wasting our time.

:lol:

Oh ...dear

Customer came into the store yesterday - his car needed new brakes. Okay, start writing up a work order. As I'm doing so, the customer tells me he doesn't want parts that were made by 'C****s’ or 'S***s’ installed on his car. That pulled me up short. I had to go get the store manager and tell him what the customer said. Wendall tried to explain to the customer that the majority of car parts made today were either manufactured in Mexico or Asia. The customer was adament that he only wanted American made parts installed on his car. Not only that, he wanted to inspect every box/part when they came in to see if they had the 'Made in the USA' label on them. What, in a skilled technicians hands, would have taken 90 minutes to two hours to do, ended taking all day as Wendall had to track down parts for the vehicle. (Which was a Subaru Outback). I had to sit and listen to the customer for most of the day go on about how he supported Trump and that Biden and Harris should be thrown in jail, etc. Wendall did end up charging him more for the brake job, simply because the parts were more expensive, than had he gone with OEM parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I'm doing so, the customer tells me he doesn't want parts that were made by 'C****s’ or 'S***s’ installed on his car.

Hi @DarrenTR1970 . First, let me say, that I know you weren’t using them yourself, nor advocating for them, and in fact you were against them. But those words are still slurs. I get that you censored one letter to try to make them less offensive, but it was still obvious what they were.

I’ve consulted with other staff, and based on that, I’ve edited your post to try to further obscure the words. I would just ask that please, in the future, if you could please convey the gist of the story, without including the slurs themselves? We would appreciate that, thank you.

This doesn't actually rise to the level of full frustration, but what the hell....

Am I the only one who gets really turned off when a TV series, or film franchise, does a "forget everything you knew" thing? Like they take whatever continuity they had and throw it away, like it never existed? I know I've always been a stickler for continuity, and I have a hard time turning that off, I am probably too obsessed, I fully admit that.

The new Doctor Who, for example. It's like they don't even pretend to have any kind of continuity anymore. They violate it whenever the mood strikes them. It's why I can't get into the show. I mean, I know the original series did this a couple of times (didn't they have like seven different versions of the end of the universe? :lol: ) but nuWho takes that to 11...

(also please don't bust out "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" again. That one DOES frustrate me.)

And it's also why I stopped reading comics long ago. DC kind of pisses me off, they do these massive reality-altering "Crises" every few years. It was fine with the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, but they do this ALL.THE.FUCKING.TIME now. And they really lost me. :sigh:

Last edited:
same here.
And a related issue are horrible remakes of insuperable classics, like the Junglebook for example. They take movies that are 100% perfect and remake them into movies that are 90 % trash. And they call it modernised, updated or advanced.
Barbaric savages, all of these remakers!

This doesn't actually rise to the level of full frustration, but what the hell....

Am I the only one who gets really turned off when a TV series, or film franchise, does a "forget everything you knew" thing? Like they take whatever continuity they had and throw it away, like it never existed? I know I've always been a stickler for continuity, and I have a hard time turning that off, I am probably too obsessed, I fully admit that.

The new Doctor Who, for example. It's like they don't even pretend to have any kind of continuity anymore. They violate it whenever the mood strikes them. It's why I can't get into the show. I mean, I know the original series did this a couple of times (didn't they have like seven different versions of the end of the universe? :lol: ) but nuWho takes that to 11...

(also please don't bust out "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" again. That one DOES frustrate me.)

And it's also why I stopped reading comics long ago. DC kind of pisses me off, they do these massive reality-altering "Crises" every few years. It was fine with the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, but they do this ALL.THE.FUCKING.TIME now. And they really lost me. :sigh:

But in DOCTOR WHO, time is wibbly wobbly and timey wimey...

;):lol:

I don't know, there's been a fair amount of consistent continuity with a lot of the storylines. But trying to put together a consistent timeline for overall universe is pretty much impossible.
Yeah, that does get annoying, but I think the last couple times haven't been quite as big of a continuity reset as the earlier crises.
A job that I would absolutely love to do has popped up for the second or third time on Indeed and the only issue is that it's over half an hour away from where I live, which is just a little too far. It also doesn't say how much it pays, so there's no way to know if maybe it paid enough that it would make up for the distance.

Back