Things that frustrate us all

Customer made an online appointment for tire installation - he brought the vehicle in, dropped it off, said he was going to the movie and shopping and would be back after that.
Karisa went out to the car later that morning, customer didn't tell us he'd left his dog locked in the vehicle. It was 28 degrees out when he dropped the car off and we couldn't get a hold of him because he'd turned his phone off. He didn't come back for six hours. We brought the dog in and kept him warm, but Wendall was right in saying that if the dog had bit a technician or a customer we would have called the Humane Society and sued the guys ass.

Customer made an online appointment for tire installation - he brought the vehicle in, dropped it off, said he was going to the movie and shopping and would be back after that.
Karisa went out to the car later that morning, customer didn't tell us he'd left his dog locked in the vehicle. It was 28 degrees out when he dropped the car off and we couldn't get a hold of him because he'd turned his phone off. He didn't come back for six hours. We brought the dog in and kept him warm, but Wendall was right in saying that if the dog had bit a technician or a customer we would have called the Humane Society and sued the guys ass.

Not only that, leaving your pet in a car for any length of time like that is inhumane. Frankly, you should have called the Humane Society or the authorities on that customer.

That's just wrong. Your pets are members of the family. That's like leaving a baby in the car.

You don't have to be a great speller to use the spellcheck. Hell, they show up automatically in some email formats. Not using it is simply being lazy.

Back in my senior year of college, I worked a second job at Sears Portrait Studio to earn some extra money. (I was saving up for an engagement ring.) Of course, the bread and butter of our business was holiday portraits and greeting cards.

All of my co-workers, and the two managers--and I mean literally every single co-worker and manager--believed that you're supposed to use an apostrophe to pluralize a name. For example, they would make the cards say, "Happy Holidays from the Smith's," not "from the Smiths." And when I vehemently protested this insanity, they would all look at me like I had just sprouted tentacles from my nostrils and a devil horn from my forehead.

That job took a year off my life, I'm pretty sure, and that was in ... 2005, Jesus, almost twenty years ago.

Back in my senior year of college, I worked a second job at Sears Portrait Studio to earn some extra money. (I was saving up for an engagement ring.) Of course, the bread and butter of our business was holiday portraits and greeting cards.

All of my co-workers, and the two managers--and I mean literally every single co-worker and manager--believed that you're supposed to use an apostrophe to pluralize a name. For example, they would make the cards say, "Happy Holidays from the Smith's," not "from the Smiths." And when I vehemently protested this insanity, they would all look at me like I had just sprouted tentacles from my nostrils and a devil horn from my forehead.

That job took a year off my life, I'm pretty sure, and that was in ... 2005, Jesus, almost twenty years ago.

I feel you about time flying. I worked at Publix for just a couple months shy of 7 years, and I left them in April of 2004. Never mind the years going by fast... now it's the decades. :lol:

I know it's 18 years too late, but Kate Brannen also hates that, and made this handy guide! :lol:

How to Make Your Last Name Plural This Christmas Season

One of my peeves is the quotation-marks-for-emphasis trend.

safe-comfortable-flight.jpg

Good luck, passengers! :lol:

It’s the straw that broke the camel’s back you complete and absolute twat! Seriously, what is it with Belgian politicians and bad English? First Herman Van Rompuy, then Charles Michel and now Theo Franken. I spoke better English than all of them combined at the age of 12!

It’s the straw that broke the camel’s back you complete and absolute twat! Seriously, what is it with Belgian politicians and bad English? First Herman Van Rompuy, then Charles Michel and now Theo Franken. I spoke better English than all of them combined at the age of 12!

I listened to the video, just because I was curious. To be honest, that didn't really seem that bad at all? :shrug:

I have colleagues at work whose English is much worse.

Not really frustrating, more annoying, but the bag boy/courtesy clerk at the grocery store today was awful. Just throwing things into my bags and not maximizing the space. So when he started to fall behind, I started bagging stuff. Most of it could still fit in all the bags he had deemed completed and given back to me.

That's horrible, both for the dog and for you guys.
I would have called the cops. I'm not sure if it's the case everywhere, but I'm pretty sure you can be arrested for that in Arizona.
There should be a way to ban people from doing shit like that from ever owning any kind of a pet again.

the bag boy/courtesy clerk at the grocery store

Sorry, the what in the where, now? Do you happen to live in a millionaire's enclave? ;)

I've heard of the concept of a dedicated bagging person... from American TV. I just kind of assumed it was one of those "embellished for fiction" things, from a concept carried over from the 1950s, or something. Around here, either the cashier does the bagging themselves (less common) or the customer does the bagging (more common... at least where I shop, anyway!). I suppose it's possible that some store around here has dedicated bagging people, but I've never personally seen one.

I've heard of the concept of a dedicated bagging person... from American TV. I just kind of assumed it was one of those "embellished for fiction" things, from a concept carried over from the 1950s, or something. Around here, either the cashier does the bagging themselves (less common) or the customer does the bagging (more common... at least where I shop, anyway!). I suppose it's possible that some store around here has dedicated bagging people, but I've never personally seen one.

It depends on the store here in the United States. ALDI, for example, does not have baggers and customers bag (or box) their own groceries, though the checkouts are manned; there's counter space after the checkout to recombobulate one's items in preferred packaging. Big box retailers like Target and Walmart have generally transitioned to having the cashiers do both the checking and the bagging, except during periods of heavy business (such as the rush after people traditionally get off work at 5 p.m. or so), and in my experience larger grocery retailers like Hy-Vee and Kroger (and Kroger's sub-brands) generally keep a bagger in their manned checkout lanes ... but the number of checkout lanes that are actually manned continues to get fewer as time goes by and stores find ways to trim costs by eliminating labor. For example, my girlfriend and I did a massive shopping trip at Hy-Vee last Friday because my fridge and pantry were essentially empty, so we bought something like $225 worth of food, but even though it was a relatively busy time of day, that Hy-Vee had only three manned checkout lanes and only two had baggers; the other had a "10 items or less" sign on it.

The larger supermarkets in the UK occasionally have "charity baggers" who bag your groceries in return for a donation to charity. I pay them not to bag as their competence is low and I have a strange preference for getting all my things home undamaged.

Publix still uses baggers. But more and more places are either self-checkout or moving toward that.

I did see a video recently that had someone self-checkout and the machine was asking if the customer wanted to leave a tip. A tip to who? The customer himself? It was one of the ludicrous things I've seen with machines.

Back