Things that frustrate us all

Ordered something from an official stores eBay page for refurbished items.

I moved last month. I had updated my address in eBay but not PayPal.

eBay used my PayPal address for shipping.

Now a $150 purchase is going to someone else.

I don't even know how the payment was accepted since it's the wrong billing address.

Now THAT is frustrating!
It will be interesting to discover the Mystery.
I hope it has a Happy Ending!

Yeah.... I was on the lookout for an uncommon South American produce item, which is impossible to find fresh up here in the northern US. Miracle of miracles, a big grocery chain in my area showed in their inventory system that every single one of their locations had it in stock! So I went hunting for it at multiple stores and couldn't find it. The employees knew nothing about it either. So I started placing online orders for pickup, figuring I would let someone else do the legwork. I did this at multiple locations, and, guess what, none of the professional shoppers could find it either. So I submitted repeated inquiries to the company about it and kept getting canned responses basically telling me their system is infallible and I need to look harder. Finally I got a real response from a regional stocking manager or something like that, acknowledging that there was a mistake in their inventory system.

:mad:

Kor

No longer being able to approach random strangers in my workplace cafeteria while wearing a Pinhead/Mummy/Darth Maul/Hannibal Lecter mask and saying ''Police emergency. I need your car'' on Halloween.:borg:

Got a flat tire on my bike ride today, and had to call my mom to come pick me up. The only good thing about it was it happened by one of the horses I visit, so I got say hi to while I waited and my mom got to meet her when she got there.

How f*ckin lazy do you have to be to walk into the store right as we're closing, drop two license plates down on the counter and ask us to install them for you; and then complain that you're a customer of 15 years and you've never been turned away. It's five o'clock and the open sign was off and we're turning off the lights. The answer is No.

How f*ckin lazy do you have to be to walk into the store right as we're closing, drop two license plates down on the counter and ask us to install them for you; and then complain that you're a customer of 15 years and you've never been turned away. It's five o'clock and the open sign was off and we're turning off the lights. The answer is No.

I ... what? Are we talking license plates as in for motor vehicles?

They get affixed with two screws each and the job takes about 60 seconds total, how fucking lazy can one be to ask a store to install them?

I ... what? Are we talking license plates as in for motor vehicles?

They get affixed with two screws each and the job takes about 60 seconds total, how fucking lazy can one be to ask a store to install them?

That's what Karisa and I said. Even Paul the assistant manager almost lost it when the customer started to complain.

That's what Karisa and I said. Even Paul the assistant manager almost lost it when the customer started to complain.

My mind is utterly blown by this. Like ... seriously. Two plates. Four screws. Sixty seconds. Why in the world would anyone think of going to a store and asking the staff to mount the plates for them? Does this person need assistance tying their shoes, too?

Grocery stores with printed signs announcing WE OUR OPEN.

American businesses in general don't seem to know how (or care) to use a spelling/grammar checker.

You wouldn't believe the amount of errors in emails from my old job where both spelling and grammar was terrible. It took longer to figure out WHAT they were saying than it did to actually implement whatever the email said.

The sad part? At Whole Foods, a vast majority of those emails with errors were from people whose primary or only language was english. In my current job, a vast majority of the emails I get are from people that speak english as a second (or third or fourth... in fact, two Japanese women that work here speak five languages, so I'm literally working with two Hoshis), and their spelling and grammar are nearly perfect almost every time. And I know they aren't using those spelling/grammar checks.

I wonder if it's a cultural thing... the company I work for is based in Japan, and there is definitely a different mentality to work ethic and precision than at my previous jobs. I personally love that, because it's more in line with my thinking. If my experiences are any indication, American companies could learn quite a bit from Japanese companies.

American businesses in general don't seem to know how (or care) to use a spelling/grammar checker.

You wouldn't believe the amount of errors in emails from my old job where both spelling and grammar was terrible. It took longer to figure out WHAT they were saying than it did to actually implement whatever the email said.

The sad part? At Whole Foods, a vast majority of those emails with errors were from people whose primary or only language was english. In my current job, a vast majority of the emails I get are from people that speak english as a second (or third or fourth... in fact, two Japanese women that work here speak five languages, so I'm literally working with two Hoshis), and their spelling and grammar are nearly perfect almost every time. And I know they aren't using those spelling/grammar checks.

I wonder if it's a cultural thing... the company I work for is based in Japan, and there is definitely a different mentality to work ethic and precision than at my previous jobs. I personally love that, because it's more in line with my thinking. If my experiences are any indication, American companies could learn quite a bit from Japanese companies.
I agree on a wide number of points, especially with the work ethic.

But, the grammar part is something that has been ongoing since I worked in business. There is less tendency to catch errors because of reliance on autocorrect, or grammar check, which wouldn't necessarily catch it because the word is technically spelled correctly.

It's a fussy little system. Annoying, for sure, and I get frustrated very easily because I prefer accuracy in communication.

Back