Things that frustrate us all

We knew these drugs were snake oil since 2007, but drug companies make a lot of money. We’ll now advise the FDA about it in 2023. What a mess.

https://arstechnica.com/health/2023/09/the-spectacular-downfall-of-a-common-useless-cold-medicine/

Speaking of drugs, Canada is in an Ozeympic shortage because of all the people jumping on the weight loss bandwagon, meaning diabetics who need it are having a hard time getting it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting ads all over social media platforms selling it to me, with links to online doctors to prescribe it.

I just watched the Netflix & Disney Oxy shows and it reminded me of them.

Speaking of drugs, Canada is in an Ozeympic shortage because of all the people jumping on the weight loss bandwagon, meaning diabetics who need it are having a hard time getting it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting ads all over social media platforms selling it to me, with links to online doctors to prescribe it.

And you also have the ADHD drug shortage too.

ADHD drugs aren't being advertised me on every platform I use as a weight loss drug though.

Are they being advertised to others? Maybe

Z4RC0Q9.jpeg

First I've heard of it.

How appropriate
The price of liberty is eternal construction.

I don't understand why cyclists seem to have such a hard time warning us when they're coming up behind my mom and I while we're walking the dogs on the multiuse trails. I don't think I could count the number of time we've had bthe coming flying past at full speed from behind, with absolutely no warning. It's so scary and dangerous when people do that, there've been several time where Gracie, who is my avatar, has been seconds away from stepping in front of an oncoming bike, which would be horrible for all three of us. You'd think people would want to give some kind of warning so we can get the dogs under control.
I've also had other cyclists do the same thing while I'm out on my bike. I almost clotheslined a guy a few weeks ago, because he came flying up behind me with no warning just as raised my arm to check my watch to see what time it was. If he had been just a few seconds faster I'm pretty sure would have elbowed him right in the throat.
And a couple of the horseback riders I've talked to said cyclists do the same thing to them, which is really fucking stupid. Yeah, most of the people who are riding out on the streets and trails are going to make sure their horses are OK with bikes and things like that, but even the best horses could spook under the right circumstances. And yes, I understand not everyone knows about horses, but you'd think when people saw a person riding on a 1000+lbs animal, they'd want to be careful around them. All it would take is one mistake and the horse could spook and run into the cyclist or throw the rider, and it could just be a complete disaster for everyone involved.
I always make sure I tell people I'm coming up behind them with enough time to react. I always try to give a little extra time and go a little slower if they have dogs. And when I'm going in the opposite direction of a person walking or riding a horse, I always stop until they pass me, and if I'm passing from behind I call in a way that won't spook the horse, and go past extra slow.

I don't understand why cyclists seem to have such a hard time warning us when they're coming up behind my mom and I while we're walking the dogs on the multiuse trails. I don't think I could count the number of time we've had bthe coming flying past at full speed from behind, with absolutely no warning. It's so scary and dangerous when people do that, there've been several time where Gracie, who is my avatar, has been seconds away from stepping in front of an oncoming bike, which would be horrible for all three of us. You'd think people would want to give some kind of warning so we can get the dogs under control.
I've also had other cyclists do the same thing while I'm out on my bike. I almost clotheslined a guy a few weeks ago, because he came flying up behind me with no warning just as raised my arm to check my watch to see what time it was. If he had been just a few seconds faster I'm pretty sure would have elbowed him right in the throat.
And a couple of the horseback riders I've talked to said cyclists do the same thing to them, which is really fucking stupid. Yeah, most of the people who are riding out on the streets and trails are going to make sure their horses are OK with bikes and things like that, but even the best horses could spook under the right circumstances. And yes, I understand not everyone knows about horses, but you'd think when people saw a person riding on a 1000+lbs animal, they'd want to be careful around them. All it would take is one mistake and the horse could spook and run into the cyclist or throw the rider, and it could just be a complete disaster for everyone involved.
I always make sure I tell people I'm coming up behind them with enough time to react. I always try to give a little extra time and go a little slower if they have dogs. And when I'm going in the opposite direction of a person walking or riding a horse, I always stop until they pass me, and if I'm passing from behind I call in a way that won't spook the horse, and go past extra slow.

We cycle a lot, using shared bridleways.

We are what i call 'tootlers' so we go along in no rush, but you are right some cyclists go at a real pace, which isn't really ideal when its shared. They are like it with other cyclists, yelling out instructions as the suddenly appear behind you expecting you to jump out the way to allow them to continue without slowing.

Cyclists should always give way to pedestrians, if its clear you haven't been noticed then you should stop.

The only thing i find is some pedestrians don't like you to ring the bell on the bike to alert them you are there, so it can be a no win situation. Usually for us because we dont go at any great speed we get spotted by pedestrians before we get near and they happily move out the way. What happens if people approach at speed ringing their bells is if there is a group of pedestrians, with dogs, is some go one way, some others and it causes more a block.

I think the key has to be patience, on the part of all users on a shared bridleway.

Nope. More thinking the current state of US politics and the rise of right wing extremism and current court cases involving an ex-President trying to overthrow an election. The Freedom Trail reaching an abrupt dead end seemed poetic.
Actually I’m OK with just blaming road construction in Boston.

Last edited:
Finding anything online.

It's just such a chore, everything seems restricted on every application.

You can never find anything remotely close to what you want.

Also, if I hear another person say "fr fr" or "Bet" I will internally scream.

We cycle a lot, using shared bridleways.

We are what i call 'tootlers' so we go along in no rush, but you are right some cyclists go at a real pace, which isn't really ideal when its shared. They are like it with other cyclists, yelling out instructions as the suddenly appear behind you expecting you to jump out the way to allow them to continue without slowing.
I'm the same way, I don't tend to go superfast, I just go out to enjoy myself, and don't really push my self. And when I call out, I try to make sure I'm not too loud, and I always try to do it far enough back that people have time to react before I pass them. I remember there was one time I saw a guy go up ahead of me, and I swear he must have screamed as loud as he could when he passed some other people. You probably could have heard him from a mile away.
Cyclists should always give way to pedestrians, if its clear you haven't been noticed then you should stop.
Yeah, there are signs all over the paths with all the rules about who's supposed to yield to who as you pass each other, but I don't think most people pay attention to them. I think technically horses are supposed to yield to bikes, but I'm more comfortable yielding to them.

The only thing i find is some pedestrians don't like you to ring the bell on the bike to alert them you are there, so it can be a no win situation. Usually for us because we dont go at any great speed we get spotted by pedestrians before we get near and they happily move out the way.
I'm surprised people wouldn't like getting a warning you're coming up on them.
What happens if people approach at speed ringing their bells is if there is a group of pedestrians, with dogs, is some go one way, some others and it causes more a block.
That's why I always try to make sure I give people time to react when I call out. There've been a few times my mom and I have practically had to dive off the path because the cyclists waited until the last second to warn us. Since I both walk and ride on the paths, I've used to a lot of my experiences using it one way to influence my behavior when I'm using it the other way.
I think the key has to be patience, on the part of all users on a shared bridleway.
Definitely, I think the biggest issue is that a lot of people just don't think about how their behavior on the trails is effecting the other people using them.
Especially with the dogs and horses, a lot of people just aren't nearly as careful around them as they should be.

Coming back from vacation with a nasty upper respiratory infection. Finally getting to the end ot it after a week out sick.

Is something going around these days? My dad went to the ER last week, and it was overflowing: patients in hallways gurneys. We're not even deep into flu season yet.

Back