Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

In gift cards, no less. Because as we know, the government is all about gift card-based revenue...

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whatever you do, never push a number button to be removed from future reminders, or whatever the wording is.

Doing so proves yours is a valid and functioning number, the spam calls will increase.

Oh well. Drivers fault, not yours.

3. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same with "unsubscribing" from spam email. That just lets them know the email address is active.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

My parents are not very tech savvy when it comes to scams. Because they use my Netflix, when they get Netflix scam emails they ask me if it's real or fake, and I have to explain to them that Netflix doesn't even have their info, they have my info.

Worf factor9 likes this.
  6. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great point, which brings up another frustration. The correct action for spam e-mails is to hit block senders, or whatever language your system uses to block crap.

I recently found out my provider limits the number of emails I can block. (I literally called and asked what was up with once blocked senders coming back.)

Took some prying, but was able to get enough info to figure out - once the limit is achieved, it starts allowing blocked addresses from the top of the list to become unblocked. That is why it never ends, keeps going for cycle after cycle.

I can imagine the corporate spammers paying the providers pretty pennies to have and keep this system spinning.

:klingon::klingon::klingon::klingon::klingon:

Commander Troi and Worf factor9 like this.
  7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used to think I was.

Then I almost got catfished.

Fortunately I did get wise to it, when "she" started asking for money...

I should have seen it coming. :alienblush:

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, I get both of those multiple times a day and they drive me crazy. The worst part is, I don't own the house or car, but I get the calls because my mom gave me her old number a few years ago, and she does.
    I wish I could, but I'm still looking for a job, and I've applications out, so I need to answer in case it's about one of them.

I got about three or four bites from the giant black ants that I forgot were over by the fence where I stop to say hi to the horses on my bike ride. Bites from those bastards really hurt.

Commander Troi likes this.
  9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, well in that case, as soon as you hear the telemarketer or whoever it is, ask for their home phone number and tell them you'll call them back at a later time. If they say "I can't do that", you say: "oh I guess you don't want people bothering you at home", and they say, "Yep"", then you say, "Now you know how I feel", and hang up.

Commander Troi and Worf factor9 like this.
  10. Mr. Laser Beam

Here's the best way to deal with telemarketers:

Worf factor9 and Commander Troi like this.
  11. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I had one who said (on voice-mail): "If you don't respond in time, then all I can do is wish you well as the situation comes down on you."

O RLY? If you're actually admitting that's all you can do to me, then clearly I don't need to be concerned.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

I'm totally stealing that line. :evil:

Commander Troi and Silvercrest like this.
  13. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Rotflmao! My sister just got a mail inviting her to a senior citizen meeting. Obviousely, the sender confused her birthyear with her age.
    You can inagine how pissed she is. And I have something to tease her with for the next 20 years :devil::nyah::biggrin::techman:

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The fact that Cheeto Voldemort isn't in jail.

15. rhubarbodendron

I don't get that one. Do you refer to the fictional character or to a RL person (a politician, most likely) ?

16. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    Waiting for call from a plumber to start the process of fixing a potential slab leak that I discovered Wednesday night.
    It appears to be on the waste side, which means it's not a continuous leak. As I'm a renter, I'm not the one who's going to have to pay for the repair.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a reference to a certain infamous figure with a lot of power and many controversial followers, who's accused of acting against the American government. A figure who also happens to be an unhealthy shade of orange.

18. rhubarbodendron

Ah! I get it. I wouldn't compare him with Him Who Must not Be Named, however, since that one had brains.

At any rate your politician is a very strong example for the blessings of birth control and - in extreme cases like this - abortion. One devoutly wishes his dad had used a condome, back then.

Commander Troi likes this.
  19. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    Looks like the problem is the AC condensation line! At least I know it's pretty pure water.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  20. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate people that try to run stop signs, then get pissed off when people honk their horns at them, and then they proceed to tail gate them.