Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Customers if you need me to move to get something ask.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm often that customer. I don't want to be rude or interrupt your obvious hard work, so I am prepared to stand there quietly and patiently wait until you step away. This drives my husband berserk. :lol:

rhubarbodendron and Avro Arrow like this.
  3. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I had the root of a wisdom tooth badly inflamed and my dentisf fought it for 3 months till he decided to try an ultra-stzrong antibiotic. It worked on the tooth but destroyed all the good bacteria. For 3 weeks now I'm having a mean throat and mouth infection and the medicine I have to take for that has side effects on my kidneys . It's a bit like the corrupted wish game *sigh*

4. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's terrible when the cure is bad like the disease. Hope it gets better soon.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  5. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

One of my regular online haunts is becoming a source of irritation. I kinda dread logging into the place because a couple of members have a strong, overbearing and flippant presence. I can't post in certain topics either without them following me around.

Recently, I was buttonholed by one of them. I refused to answer a question because the last two or three interactions were met with criticism and dismissiveness. They preemted the question with sympathy. Basically, they struggled to answer a '30 day song challenge' question and weren't happy with their choice because it was in the minority. They asked what my choice would be and I didn't feel qualified to answer it. I felt like they were trying to validate their choice via competition with me. Later on, they said it was okay if I didn't want to answer. Truthfully, I gave them an answer but not the one they wanted. Then, they said it was just for fun and that I was overthinking things. Afterwards, they liked a comment on another thread.

It was conversational narcissism, building me up and knocking me down to keep the conversation focused on them, and I just don't want to play that game.

Random_Spock and rhubarbodendron like this.
  6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I've got a slightly leaking pipe in my house, in the pipe that takes water up to my second floor bathroom. The pipe is in a compartment that's hard to reach into in my first floor bathroom.

So, I tried to schedule an appointment with HomeAdvisor to get somebody to fix it. The first two canceled out, through HomeAdvisor. The third one canceled out calling to me directly. On talking to him, it was obvious, not only did he think that the job was just for a leaky faucet and he was clearly not somebody with the qualifications to solve the problem I had, he was misinformed what *state* the job was in, and it was actually at two hour drive for him. And when he canceled, he didn't notify HomeAdvisor of the cancellation, so they think the job went forward as scheduled.

So they have charged me for this job that got canceled on three times, that they gave all the handymen they hired bad information about, and I can't get them to respond to my emails. If they don't give me a refund soon I need to figure out how to report them to the BBB.

7. Gary Mitchell

Wow, I had no idea that they charged like that (before anyone comes out to actually look at the problem). I hope you get your refund.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I know how you feel. I sometimes feel that way posting here. Particularly after I've made a post I'm sure is going to rile up certain people here even though that isn't my intent.

Velocity, Random_Spock and Obsidian7 like this.
  9. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

There's always going to be a shift of personalities on a forum as in real life. The old guard leave and new faces arrive. That's just normal and expected. It's just a bit hard to adjust when you're already settled in like I am over there.

Thankfully, things worked out okay with one of them. They admitted to being pushy. Took a carefully worded response that called them out on their bs to snap them out of it.

The site is still a good source of support though. As silly as it sounds, it's just that I don't have space to do my own thing to help and interact with others. I'll be polite and interact with them every now and then, but I also want my own separate routine.

One of them spams the off topic section with A LOT of discussion topics. There's no shortage of conversation and I've seen them on good terms with people on their follow list. It would be fine if they followed my forum profile, so that we could DM and get to know each other better, but they're doing all of the 'getting to know' through the threads.

They've been a member since April. We've got a lot in common but conversation fizzles out after a couple of exchanges on their end which is frustrating. There's plenty of chatty conversation with others but not so much with me. Then, after a little while they keep liking my comments on other threads that have nothing to do with them. It sounds awful but it feels like they're passive aggressively following me around a bit too much. Is that an overreaction?

10. RandyS

No, I don't think so.

11. Gary Mitchell

Just a minor frustration but I hate it when threads on here disappear with no explanation. The "If money wasn't an object" thread is just gone. I've had enough people disappear on me on TrekBBS and now threads are going bye bye. :cardie:

12. auntiehill

Huh. Did said poster piss off the Mod Gods?

13. Gary Mitchell

Not sure. The op kept hotlinking pictures but Avro changed the pics to links. I thought threads usually were just locked, not vanish completely.

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Sorry about that. That happens when you IBB a poster for spamming, which I was instructed to do by the admins.

I reopened the thread with the spamlinks removed.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  15. auntiehill

Ouch. Ow. Fucking OUCH. :scream:

I somehow managed to pull my right bicep-strained it working in the yard today. I don't even know when I did it but after coming back in the house, I noticed my arm was sore, and as the night wore on, the pain just spread in all directions. It goes from my upper arm into my shoulder and down to my forearm. But the bicep is what hurts the most. I guess I must have pulled something while doing yard work or coiling up the hoses.

16. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

that sucks :( Pulled/strained tendeons and muscles have a tendency to heal only slowly :( My commiserations!

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  17. Gary Mitchell

Sorry @auntiehill . I hope it's quicker to heal than mine. I've had something similar for several months. My right (dominant) arm. I keep re injuring it. I mostly sleep on my side and every time I roll over in bed it wakes me up.

18. auntiehill

Thanks! It feels better this morning but now my whole arm is sore. Man, I am so out of shape. I hurt myself and have no idea how.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  19. RandyS

I ordered some movies from Amazon a few days back and got the email saying the package was delivered Wednesday night, but no package was delivered. I've been trying to contact them but there is no CONTACT US option on the website anymore and the options they do have are no help. This happened once before and I called them and they sent a replacement within two days. But now, my phone died and I'm still waiting for my new one to arrive in the mail, so that option is out.

Ugh......it's times like this that I wish technology had never advanced beyond 1987. At least then I had a land line.

20. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

That's why it's a good idea to have a residential landline phone even if it's only for emergency backup. I still have my landline as well as my mobile phone, and I have to plans to get rid of it.