Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Or the opposite, when people give you advice that you haven't asked for in the first place and you're forced to listen to all of it because they'll be vexed if you don't.

2. Delta Geminorum

Delta Geminorum Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I drank the whole cup and now, it's empty!

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Ah, yes, the ASKHOLE. I have a few of those in my life.

Askhole: "I have a terrible problem that you need to help me solve! Help! Here's my problem ...."
    (insert 30 minutes of your life you'll never get back.)
    Me: OK, here's my suggestions: try A or maybe B and here are the logical and rational reasons why. Do NOT do C because that will end very badly.
    Askhole: No, you're wrong. I'm going to do C.
    Me: Then WHY DID YOU ASK ME?
    Askhole: Because you give good advice!
    Me:...........................................................

rhubarbodendron, PSGarak and Kor like this.
  4. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

Askhole. I am totally and shamelessly stealing this. That's brilliant.

rhubarbodendron and auntiehill like this.
  5. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

^great minds. It's an ingenuios word, auntie =)
    thanks :) I'm trying but occasionally people manage to quote me before I finished the umptiest edit.

Yes indeed, there are better and worse days. I am not quite sure yet whether the weather, stress, lack of sleep or a lack of certain minerals or vitamins has something to do with it. 9 months is a bit too short for a solid statistics.
    The most likely candidate is lip herpes having gone a bit astray. Once you are infected, it spreads along the nerves and can break out pretty much anywhere along the route. The trigeminus nerve, leading from the lips to the ear passes the inner ear nerves that control equilibrium at a very close range.
    From the pov of a biologist, herpes is a fascinating organism but I'd prefer to study it from a bit further away ;)

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  6. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

When you nonchalantly transport a full mug of coffee and something (or someone) makes you start and you spill some of it on the floor and on yourself!

7. rhubarbodendron

argh! I had planned to go out sampling at 6:30. Then at 6:28 I got a call: would I take the intern with me - sure, no prob - but he comes at 7:45. - *sigh* ok, then I'll wait for him.
    It's now 8:15 and the kid still hasn't shown up. I bet he's sick and forgot to call and I have an appointment at 8:45 with someone who has an appointment at 9:30 themselves. (and the drive will take me 30 mins onder ideal circumstances). I so hate people being late!

8. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

That sounds like the domino effect. One person is late and that perturbs the schedules of an indeterminate number of people.

9. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Today was meant to be a photo trip day, but the weather is appalling.

10. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

When you incomprehensibly hit your elbow on a doorknob!!!

11. auntiehill

^I don't find hitting one's elbow on a doorknob all that hard to comprehend. ;)

(sorry; couldn't resist) :biggrin:

Avro Arrow and Discofan like this.
  12. Delta Geminorum

Delta Geminorum Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When it's too late to go grocery shopping and you have to eat the last TV dinner in bottom of the freezer.

13. rhubarbodendron

^for such emergencies I always have dried lentils or suchlike. They keep for decades and you can turn them into a tasty stew or a nourishing soup within half an hour.

I mislayed a book on European freshwater bivalves and can't find it anywhere (or maybe I lent it to someone and can't remember). It's out of print and even second hand it costs a fortune. Highly annoying.

14. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

I'd say losing track of an out of print book you value is worse than annoying. That's a tragedy. Hope you find it.

I find people who repeatedly ask me what is going on when I've told them from the first question that I don't know annoying. What makes you think that in the ten seconds I've been sitting at this desk in your line of sight I've gleaned more info about why emergency services are currently in the supervisor's office? Nope, I still haven't become psychic in the minute and a half since you asked me again. Two minutes in, still not psychic. Wash, rinse, repeat.

15. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

When you realize that your socks are not exactly of the same shade (because they are from different pairs) and you need to go on while wondering if people will notice and what they would think of you if they did. It's just hell!!!

16. auntiehill

When people email or text and can't use punctuation properly. It makes me question the veracity of everything in the message.

I'll send a simple message like, "How are you?" They reply with "I'm fine?" or "I'm fine!!!." So, are you asking me a question, are you really NOT fine, are you really pissed off and screaming, because I don't know what the hell is going on here. :shrug:

Get your punctuation shit together, people.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  17. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I find that. Very annoying, ! -

18. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

When someone tries to do a power play on me. "I'll help you to do this if you do X, Y, Z that I want you to do." With them thinking in their head that now they've got me. So I turned down their offer. I don't want someone's help if it means there are strings attached where I can't promise those conditions can be met. And then I'd have to go through their hoops. I don't want anyone to have leverage over me just because they think they can give me something I want.

Discofan likes this.
  19. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

At least you GET punctuation. Most of the texts I receive, they don’t even bother. I guess punctuation isn’t trendy.

auntiehill and Gary Mitchell like this.
  20. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I accidentally stepped on a mole crossing my path this morning, it died immediately. I mean to us it would be like being stepped on by an elephant. I hated it. I mean I know they are nuisances and they can disfigure a garden like nothing else, but it still made me feel bad. Well, at least it didn't suffer.

rhubarbodendron likes this.