Spoilers Theory - Crusher's assistant = ...?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Methuselah Flint, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, there's enough misdirection to go around still.

2. TOMFAN

TOMFAN Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If he does turn out to genuinely be Picard's son, then I just hope there is a really good reason why Crusher didn't tell him, and not just something like 'I wanted to keep my son safe, and so kept him away from you and Starfleet'.

Because that makes her look really bad, not telling a man you've been friends with for over twenty years, that he has a son, and she deliberately kept him a secret from his father.

Nightowl1701, May 20, Sumire and 3 others like this.
  3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

The show is just a series of homages to better films - that absolutely will be the reason.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  4. TOMFAN

TOMFAN Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

But at least Kirk knew about David, and chose to stay away.

5. slappy

slappy Commodore Commodore

They need to explain why she kept him away from not only Picard, but all her other friends. Why she lets him be some interstellar criminal. Why he has a British accent. Why she chose to give him the super creepy name Jack after her dead husband and Picard's best friend who he let die (ew). How that kid came out of her super old ass womb. Does Wes know about him? Why isn't Wesley helping?

6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So a batshit crazy idea popped in my head that would explain why Beverly disappeared and kept Jack a secret.... WHAT IF Jack is a clone of Picard, ala Shinzon, to age up and replace Picard, but created by Section 31? Suppose 31 thought Picard was compromised by the Shinzon situation, and was behaving erratically on his previous adventures, so they were going to swap him out with a clone that could be more easily managed?

Of course, Beverly is recruited to do the exchange, convinces Section 31 that the exchange took place, decides to raise the 10-ish year old clone as her own son (which would put the present day Jack at the same age as Ed Speleers), and ghosts everyone so Section 31 won't discover the truth? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  7. JoeZhang

The character is in his early 20s as mentioned in an an interview with the actor.

It's Picard's son - nothing more, nothing less.

Think about where PS has taken the character it's not going to be more complex than that.

Amesbury88 and Methuselah Flint like this.
  8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Operating from the assumption that Jack is Picard's son -- though I am holding on, perhaps foolishly, to the thought that Picard lied to Shaw that Jack was his son as a way to manipulate him in the moment -- I think there's a different explanation.

Jack is a nickname for John -- hence, Jack Kennedy, ie, John F. Kennedy -- and John is English for Jean. So, Beverly could have named Jack after his father, Jean-Luc Picard, and he goes by Jack.

9. JoeZhang

This is very much a show where the causal mainstream viewer can feel good that they worked out he was Picard's Son before Picard when they watch it while doing something else.

These are not mysteries set up for the fans who freeze a frame to provide evidence to the theory he's a time-displaced mirror Universe Kevin Reily.

That last scene is clearly about emotional truth which is why it's about a look not a conversation. I absolutely guarantee the show will not return to the question of who his father is. That question is done.

10. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Give Crusher a break. Considering that being in Starfleet and an association with Jean-Luc Picard is responsible for her husbands death and her son being turned into a transdimensional super being who she hasn't seen in 20 years, why wouldn't Bev want to kep her second born as far away as possible from anything starfleet or from Jean-Luc Picard related?

11. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Though it has to be said that going alone in the dangerous fringes of the galaxy hasn't exactly proved safer than being in Starfleet.

12. Airmandan

Airmandan Captain Captain

There's obviously more to Jack than just his parentage. Hopefully it's a decent story and reveal of what that is.

13. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

It happened on Casperia Prime, just before she left the Enterprise.
    And his accent is from going to school in London :D

14. JoeZhang

Reader this was the reason
    for episode 3.

15. Koric

Koric Commander Red Shirt

Interestingly while I felt it was at first a close carbon copy situation to TWOK...on the surface the differences are very stark. Kirk even being Admiral is very much in command of the Enterprise, and is in the Captain mindframe despite the reveal, and is first and foremost commanding in the moment against Khan.

Picard has more time to confront and express his feelings, and has Riker available for support. But I honestly believe Picard’s confrontation of Dr. Crusher makes for one of the STRONGEST moments in all of Picard and ranks right up the with Picard’s character arc in the TNG series, the movies and the Picard series. Very heart wrenching and gut wrenching simultaneously that confrontation of his anguish and his feelings to Dr. Crusher. It reminded me of Picard confronting his brother in the vineyard about the Borg abduction in TNG the honest naked and raw side of Picard. Very well acted by Sir. Patrick and very well directed by Frakes as well. Shatner was great in his stoicism as well. I wonder what would William Shatner think of the episode and Sir Patrick and Picard’s handling and reaction to the reveal and situation.
    -Koric

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

One of my favorite screwball Holo-films. ;)