Spoilers The Walking Dead Season 10

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

There was Hershel's head making noises as well, when Michonne found it in Season 4, so its happened before numerous times to be fair.
    2:25-

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I have quite mixed feelings over the continued rehabilitation of Negan. There have certainly been other examples of the redemption of villainous characters in the past-- Londo on B5 killed millions, if not billions of people-- but I don't know if there's ever been a case where the killing was so personal and conducted with such glee. And Negan, unlike Londo, never had, and still doesn't, feel any guilt or regret over his actions. He still believes that he did the right and necessary thing, and that what he needs to do now is simply different because of new circumstances. It's quite strange and unnerving to watch him put the same people skills that he once used to torture and kill applied to helping a young girl get over the death of her mother.

Ezekiel, Eugene, and Yumiko's little detour into Princess-land is also quite surreal. While Princess is obviously a bit off her rocker from the Zombie Apocalypse in general and a year in solitude in particular (and how old is she? How old was she when the ZA arrived?), she is in a way the most realistic character that has yet appeared on the show. Her behavior and speech patterns are all-too recognizable from the real world. The other characters' reactions to her were priceless, from Ezekiel's bemused tolerance, to Eugene's rare demonstration of insight, to Yumiko's immediately regretted forgiveness. She will certainly make an interesting addition to the group and, hopefully, the communities.

But I have to wonder about that minefield. Is it just a random inconvenience of the ZA, or foreshadowing of another threat? Maybe something to do with the elusive Stephanie's group?

And somebody please just kill Beta. I'm so tired of Whisperers and hordes. Where do all these Zombies come from ten years after the Apocalypse? There can't be that many left, and it can't be possible to gather that many so quickly, especially with Country music.

I loved the scenes with Daryl and Judith. Judith has inherited the innate compassion of Rick and Carl, despite growing up in a war zone. I hope this show lasts long enough, or is revived at some point, to show her as an adult leader in a growing, post-Apocalyptic society. That kid is quite a remarkable actor.

Shell1993 likes this.
  3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

My theory is the minefield is the work of Stephanie's group.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Can we get Cailey Fleming nominated for an Emmy? This damn little girl is just stellar.

Pretty good episode, my DVR cut-off the opening teaser and opening credits, but I don't think it missed much. I like the Princess character okay enough. So.... Can't wait to see how the season ends...

Later.

On.

Shell1993 likes this.
  5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Lydia probably explained it best: there are members of the group who would prefer Negan to die--years after the night of Lucille and the war, some will never forgive him, so its not as though Carl's dream is becoming a reality.

I thought Stephanie's group might be behind it--more as a deterrent for the living than walkers, who would just keep coming no matter how many were blown apart.

:guffaw:

:bolian:

Shell1993 likes this.
  6. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If that city is nearly vacant I wonder if the entire group should just move there. Either way you would think that at some point that going back you could find all sorts of useful supplies

Jason

7. The Wormhole

A city that's been abandoned and neglected for ten years is in no way a legitimate option for moving into. They're safer in the communities, even with Beta and the herd breathing down their necks.

8. RJDiogenes

^^ I'd expect it to be infested with rats, cockroaches, and other feral creatures.

That's what I think as well.

I wonder how, or if, he will survive Maggie's return.

Which, when you think about it, makes a minefield a pretty bad idea in the ZA. Not only do they keep coming, but the explosions will attract more.

TREK_GOD_1 and Shell1993 like this.
  9. The Wormhole

Negan? Maggie already had her chance to kill him, which she ended up not doing. I doubt she's going to suddenly carry it out now.

Shell1993 likes this.
  10. RJDiogenes

She grudgingly accepted locking up Negan rather than executing him and that may have been at least part of her reason for leaving. I suspect she won't react well to his current status.

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally catching up on this season and watched the front half of Season 10. It's hard to watch how bad the show has gotten again since the improvements in Season 9. I am absolutely indifferent to most of the characters now. Daryl, Ezekiel, Carol, Eugene, Negan, and Michonne are the only I find interesting at this point. Gabriel and Rosita just annoy me. Jerry and Aaron seem to have taken big steps back after being featured more.
    Really can't stand the Yumiko, Magna, Luke, Connie group. They add nothing.

12. The Wormhole

What is interesting concerning Negan's storyline is that we're approaching the part in the comics where he left, but wasn't killed. In the comics after the Whisperer storyline ended, Negan leaves the communities to enjoy freedom, but is quickly tracked down by Maggie with intent to kill him. Their confrontation more or less plays out similarly to what we saw in her last episode in season 9, with Maggie seeing how pathetic Negan's life has now become, she decides leaving him alive is a harsher punishment than killing him, and leaves him be. After that, Negan does not appear in the comics again aside from a brief cameo in the final issue.

With the confrontation with Maggie already done in the show, and given JDM's popularity, I doubt going to have Negan wander off into the sunset to be never heard from again, it'll be interesting to see what the do with him from here on out. Indeed, I have some suspicions about how he could figure into the storyline with Stephanie's people, assuming they're going in the same general direction there they did in the comics.

Shell1993 likes this.
  13. RJDiogenes

That's interesting. I wonder if they're mulling over a Negan limited-series spinoff.

Shell1993 likes this.
  14. Jayson1

You know I think I could get behind a Negan show. Sounds more interesting then this The Walking Teenagers show they are going to do. Only thing appealing about it is the idea of seeing a community still with technology. Well that and I think that is were RIck is likely at.

Jason

15. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

If you're referring to buildings being unstable, I would recommend the outskirts of the city where one-story business buildings are usually found. In reality, buildings of that kind stand for decades, so in a ZA where only a decade has passed, I'm sure the groups could gather enough supplies and tools to make the buildings livable. Anything is better than wrecked and burned homes as seen ay the Hilltop and the ASZ.

True. But I imagine it made sense early on when cities were overrun with walkers, and barricades at typical city structures were not always a practical option (recall S1's "Guts" when walkers crashed into the department store where the survivors were trapped).

That's too much Negan. His entire existence is based on how he interacted with the heroes. Take that away, and he's there for...? Unlike Morgan on Fear the Walking Dead, where a protagonist had his own story not always tied to Rick, the very identity of Negan only works as an antagonist to the long-timers, not separated from them.

The Wormhole and 137th Gebirg like this.
  16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Agreed. I don’t see a spin off doing his character any good, even if it was a limited run. Don’t mess with what works.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  17. Jayson1

Even if a empty city was no a good to place to live I would imagine it would still be filled with tons of valuble supplies to raid. That shed bikes would be valuable in itself. Also you could load up on everthing from basic tools like hammers and wrenches to maybe even stuff later once you have a new community set that can provide fun like books and sports balls and what not. Unless it's already been picked clean of course.

Jason

Shell1993 likes this.
  18. RJDiogenes

I didn't say I wanted to see it, I just wouldn't be surprised if they were mulling it over. :rommie:

19. Jayson1

Maybe a show were we find out Neegan had a child before the world ended and they are reunited and Neegan though he or she had died.

Jason

20. RJDiogenes

Negan falls down and hits his head, and only has vague memories of being a beloved leader, so he sets out to find home. :rommie: