The Unofficial Michael Jackson Thread

I have to admit, I am kinda morbidly curious how you think you're possibly going to "reason" away someone's pedophilia.
I said in my first post that I don't think he harmed anyone. Others can disagree - that's perfectly their right. But I've learned that arguing with people who've already made up their mind solves nothing.

The evidence against him is overwhelming. It saddens me that one of the most talented artists of his generation - if not the entire postwar era - was so shattered by an upbringing of abuse that he allowed himself to become a man who could do such things. Rarely have I seen a bigger example of a good heart trapped inside a damaged soul.

See also: Joss Whedon, Bill Cosby, Woody Allen, etc

John Lennon, too. Incredible musician. One of the greatest of the 20th century. But was he ever a damaged individual with marriage, relationship and fatherhood problems he had trouble kicking until he had Sean. It's doubly tragic that he was the happiest, most balanced and most emotionally healthy he'd ever been at the time he was cut down by an assassin's bullets. :(

Last edited:
Based on what, though? That you don't want it to be true? Did you read the article @BillJ linked to? How do you counter that?

ETA: The link, in case you haven't seen it:
10 Undeniable Facts About the Michael Jackson Sexual-Abuse Allegations | Vanity Fair
I've read many books about him, and one of them is called Michael Jackson Conspiracy. The author is investigative journalist and true-crime writer Aphrodite Jones, and she wrote it to cover the events of the 2005 trial. Many are initially dismissive toward the book because of its title, but Mrs. Jones openly admitted that while those events were actually happening, she condemned him like everyone else. It was only after he was acquitted, and she saw her colleagues immediately chasing the next story instead of reporting his innocence, that Aphrodite started on a different path. She approached judge Rodney Melville, and asked for permission to examine the evidence. He agreed, and as a result all the quotes in her book are lifted directly from the court transcripts. Among many things, she wrote about Wade Robson being the first witness to actually speak for the defense, and how Tom Sneddon brought Debbie Rowe in, thinking she would condemn Michael...only to be shocked when the reverse happened. Other celebrities are also mentioned who warned Michael about the Arvizo family, including George Lopez, Jay Leno, and Chris Tucker. Reading that book helped settle my own mind, because all the mass negativity in the press at the time had left me genuinely confused.

You understand Wade Robson has since reversed his position, accusing Jackson of molesting him twice, and he previously testified for the defense because of the hold and brainwashing Jackson had over him, a common trait in pedophiles and their victims?

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's take on the trial was one of the best takes on the whole sordid mess and it wasn't even intended as serious news coverage. The number of people in our society who hold celebrities up as almost infallible or even, well, clean role models when they most certainly aren't never ceases to disappoint me.

You understand Wade Robson has since reversed his position, accusing Jackson of molesting him twice, and he previously testified for the defense because of the hold and brainwashing Jackson had over him, a common trait in pedophiles and their victims?
Michael's lawyer Tom Mesereau made some good points once. He said (and I'm paraphrasing), "I put Wade on the stand because he seemed credible, and I thought his testimony had a positive impact on the jury. Why he's changed his story now I don't know, but I heard he failed to get hired for a tribute show, and he lost a lawsuit with the Estate. And last I saw, he was driving a shiny new convertible...so either he was lying then, or he's lying now."

Yes, he was lying then because of the psychological hold Jackson had over him, which again, fairly common between pedophiles and their victims. Did you watch Leaving Neverland?
I didn't watch the documentary itself, but I have read some about it, and I've seen interviews with people in response to it. Even others named by Robson and Safechuck, such as Corey Feldman and Aaron Carter, said that while they felt Michael's behavior was strange or weird, nothing sexual ever happened. When asked again about his own experiences, Macaulay Culkin (also described as another victim) reiterated his previous statements of Michael's innocence. Do you really expect me to believe he somehow mentally controlled all of them? I don't think so.

NKjzMid.gif

Back