The Star Trek iceberg

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by F. King Daniel, Jul 14, 2020.

1. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't get the foot fetish for Bashir and Berman, or even the giantess fetish for Berman. Wouldn't it be more of a catsuit fetish?

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bashir throws his out there in "Armageddon Game", and Berman's is pretty obvious from TNG all through to ENT (although nowhere near Whedon or Tarantino levels of in-your-face) Braga described his Giantess kink in detail an interview once which years of drinking later I have still not been able to bleach from my mind.

3. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Gonna have to see Armageddon Game again, it's been a while. Can't say I really see it with Berman, but I'll take your word for it. I misread the giantess fetish as being for Berman and not Braga. He did date Jeri Ryan, so yeah.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  4. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Bashir mentions he nearly married a ballerina who had "exquisite" feet. According to Robert Hewitt Wolfe... well, I'll let him speak for himself:

JoseNoodles and F. King Daniel like this.
  5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    All the talk of catsuits in Trek and we're not once going to mention O'Brien's glorious springball outfit which was essentially just 20th century civilian clothes Colm Meaney brought to the set that day for the scene? :lol:

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unpossible! Everyone knows that using contemporary clothes in the future is a lazy and unimaginative trait the new shows engage in that never went on in the previous shows.

( ;) )

Richard S. Ta and fireproof78 like this.
  7. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

I feel like Star Trek icebergian, there's a lot of it under the surface but recently I have only been involved with small amout of it all.

8. F. King Daniel

Reminder to add "Threshold Day" to any future versions of this I ever make

Soleta, somebuddyX and Sumire like this.
  9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never heard of "Threshold Day" but after some quick Google research it turns out there are Trek fans who have christened January 29th Threshold Day since the episode Threshold originally aired January 29 1996. Well, I learned something new.

Does that mean we officially recognize today as the 27th birthday of the Janeway-Paris salamander love children? They grow up so fast.

10. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First Contact day is just the earthlings learning they're not the only ones out there. Big deal.

Threshold day is the creation of an entirely new species. Far more profound, if you ask me.

Which reminds me. O'Brien visited the 20th century -briefly- in Past Tense, but we never saw him suffer in that era.

Somehow, it makes DS9 feel incomplete.

cooleddie74 and F. King Daniel like this.
  11. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

You appear to be pretty sure there's life outside Earth, somewhere. ;)
    Looking at the mathematical possibilities of life with not much skills in math it looks like it's almost impossible there aren't other places with life in the universe.

12. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

I keep thinking this should be made into a video with someone or someones discussing each idea. Alt-Shift-X did one for A Song of Ice and Fire and I got a kick out of that and I haven't even read the books.
    Also, is Axanar on the list?

13. F. King Daniel

I've had a couple of people say they're going to do a youtube video on it, but nothing's appeared.
    It was in an earlier version, but then I didn't want to give the person behind that ongoing dumpster fire attention. It'll likely reappear.

Richard S. Ta and somebuddyX like this.
  14. Disposable_Ensign

Disposable_Ensign Commander Red Shirt

It's not strictly Star Trek related, but can I recommend Leonard Nimoy's The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins a few hundred yards below the bottom of the iceberg

Richard S. Ta and publiusr like this.
  15. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I liked him better as Moundshroud or Galvatron than there.

16. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL, years before MTG and her space lasers.

Disposable_Ensign likes this.
  17. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

For one fleeting moment I assumed this thread centered on Doctor Dehner or perhaps Chapel.

F. King Daniel likes this.