The Sims - A Worldwide Success

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gryffindorian, Apr 18, 2008.

1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

What about not-so-random accidents? :evil:

There are certain townies I take great delight in killing off. Especially that chick in the flame pants. Any sim who wears flame pants in my game gets killed. My thinking is that they have such poor taste in clothing that they deserve to die. :p

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Thats why I have the recycling building. I made caretaker Sims that live there and use the Tombstone of Life and Death or some other newer cheat objects to summon Townies I've made a note of and delete them. Then I use the Townie Generator to make newer, better ones that I don't want to strike down. Mrs. Crumplebottom for example, breaks up one too many dates, reports for deletion, no more annoying old Townie.:devil:

There was one so ugly, every time he walked passed one of my playable Sims, they nearly threw up at the sight of him. :lol: Then there are the ones that pick fights no matter where you go, the git is mouthing off at your character or shoving them. I've incinerated a few of those, the last one was random as I was making alterations to my Cemetery, I just chucked his tomb over the wall into it.:guffaw:

3. PKTrekGirl

^ I don't have this tombstone of life and death. Where do you get that? MTS2 or someplace? I hate going there! :p

And do you have to replace deleted sims? I don't like regenerating townies.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

You have to open the cheat console (Ctrl-Shift-C) then type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true".

Hold shift and click on a Sim. A lot of new options appear for debugging. Look for the "Spawn" option, click and select "Tombstone of Life and Death".

Click on it and find the "Add to Household" option, look for the name of the Townie and click when you see it. They are "dragged" or summoned to that spot. Now, shift click on them and select "Force Error". When the dialouge box appears hit Delete. It erases them from the neighbourhood entirely, severs all ties, erases all memories, they can't disobey this deletion and return the way the "moveobjects true" one can be ignored.

Go back to Spawn and find the "Townie Maker" tree. If you have a selection of new Sims in your family bin (you can make a batch of them to your liking first) use the Tombstone to summon them, use the Tree to turn them into Townies, they disappear from the building but turn up wandering the streets as usual.

I don't do this very often as cheats can make the game unstable, but particularly bad Townies, bugged Sims or other unwanted characters can be removed completely and newer ones added.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I never got into the Sims 2, but I remember buying and eating up every single expansion pack for the first game. Nothing like accidentally removing the door to a room or removing the ladder to a swimming pool, I say. :devil:

6. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have every expansion pack for the Sims 2. Also, my wife LOVES downloading extra stuff from the internet, our downloads directory is now 5 Gigabytes! It takes over 20 minutes to start up, but she'll play it all day long if I don't hassle her about it.

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: I think PKTrekGirl was being facetious with her reply regarding the Life & Death Tombstone. Methinks she's the Sims 2 resident expert on the BBS. ;)

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I typed all that for nothing?...ok I'm over it. Might grab the Sims 1 Complete Collection while its on offer hehe. Still have two expansion packs to get for the Sims 2.

Just spent the morning building a new housing estate in Pleasantview, looks more less cluttered than the Maxis/EA estate that was there before.

9. PKTrekGirl

Well, actually, I tend to know about hacked objects...but I don't generally use boolprop cheats, so I didn't know about this one.

I got myself in trouble a couple of times with boolprop cheats and wrecked a couple of lots early in my Sims 2 career...and so I swore off the things. Now the only cheats I use are money cheats if I'm building a house.

Anything else I do I try and find hacked objects/global hacks for. They seem to be alot safer than monkeying around with boolprop cheats.

As for my being the 'resident sims expert'...well, I have been at this game for a long while, download crap like there is no tomorrow, and have been active in the Sims on-line community and stuff....but while I may seem like an 'expert' here...believe me, I am small potatoes. I know people out there who pretty much live to play this game (sad as that is...) and know alot more about it than I do.

Shoot...I know a few people who get up every morning, play sims all day, and go to bed at night.

Hard to believe, but there it is. :lol:

10. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I mentioned this in a previous Sims thread, but I'll ask again...has anyone played Sims Castaway yet? I tested it for EA before it came out and out of our group of 10, I was the only person who hated the game. Everyone else raved about the goals and ability to focus on "the bigger picture" rather than having to control every little action (like going to the bathroom, eating). That's what I really hated about it though. My Sim went 2 days without eating or going to the bathroom! I LIKE micromanaging my Sims, apparently others don't. So, for anyone out there who is bored by having to focus on the little stuff, you should try out Castaway.

What I found positive about it was that it had a lot of great humor and an interesting "story."

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Hey!, I do other stuff...sometimes.

12. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Spots, I gave Castaways for the Nintendo DS to my niece for her birthday last year; she loved it. Isn't there another version called Castaway Stories for PC? I assume that's what you're referring to. Honestly, I don't know anything about the Sims Stories releases and have never tried them. I figure I already have all the expansions for my Sims 2; no sense getting something similar.

13. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

^Yeah I was referring specifically to the PC one...I'm not sure how it differs from the DS version.

The story games, well, Castaway at least, is really nothing like the regular game. I think there was a "free play" type mode where you can do the same stuff as in a regular game, but the main focus was a plot that you follow. You wake up on an island out in the middle of nowhere and while you can do stuff like go to the bathroom, eat fruit, swim, fish, etc. the focus is really on the goals. These goals pop up on the screen and you have to figure out a way to do them...like it will say something like, "I need to build a campfire to cook this fish" or "Maybe I should go explore." It's a clue to do something specific, like figure out a way to chop wood and assemble a fire or whatever. It gets more interesting as you go along. You can go off and do your own stuff, but you don't get any "points" unless you do the goals. It really was a fun game if you like the idea of following a storyline instead of just the day to day living stuff of the regular Sims games.

Anyway...it definitely felt like a different game when I was playing it.