The sad anniversary

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mach5, May 12, 2010.

1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

13th of May, 2005. Many of the fans anxiously await the final hour of televised Star Trek, hoping to witness Enterprise's final acceptance into the Trek lore.

Some of the fans heard bad things about this final hour and approached it with caution, while some of us were too immersed into the Star Wars hype to really give a damn...

So here it was, the "grand finale," These Are The Voyages, the hour long celebration of everything that the show and its cast achieved during the passed four years...

A portion of the fans supposedly liked it (for whatever reason), while everyone else watched in horror... Imagine witnessing someone you care about getting brutally beaten, then insulted, spat on and pissed on while they were already lying on the floor soaked in blood, helpless....

The sad thing is, five years after our beloved TV show died, the atrocity, often referred to as "The Abomination" keeps it from resting in peace...

Yeah, "happy" 5th anniversary, my fellow ENT fans. :techman:

In this thread we remember ENTERPRISE for what it truly was in its short lifetime - a fun, intriguing, excellent sci-fi show, and a worthy addition to the Star Trek franchise.

2. Middleman

Middleman Captain Captain

Awesome post my friend! It's loaded with truths and no one could have said it better.

And we all know why they "supposedly liked it".

3. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Cuz it sucked less than all the episodes before it?

4. Middleman

Case in point ... Need I say more?

5. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I'll celebrate the good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    As far as I and a lot of other fans are concerned, ENTERPRISE ceased to exist at 8:59pm on May 13, 2005. The abomination that started a minute later doesn't really count as an ENT episode when you think about it.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

TATV summed up in four words: "Fuck you, loyal fans!"

I remember Daniels telling Archer that he had to live to be at the founding of the Federation, presumably to do something Very Important.

The time rolls around. The stadium's packed. The alien ambassadors are present. Nothing of note happens. Archer's big destiny? A speech. Wow.

They should have had Archer running around the stadium basement looking for hidden bomb set to blow up the whole building (in a tribute to that Kurt Russel film I barely remember) :lol:

My favourite bit of TATV? When they brush off the two year Trip/T'Pol story with one line. Mind-blowingly stupid.

8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Not to mention that they didn't even show Archer giving the speech.:rolleyes:

9. JohnChod

JohnChod Captain Captain

I grieve with thee, but for different reasons.

The fact that new Trek would be off the airwaves for the first time since 1987 was kind of sad. But I felt that the quality had eroded and that VOY and ENT were way off the mark.

Of course, this is simply my opionion. I did not find it fun, intriguing, excellent, or worthy, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend (not quite to the death) your right to say it!

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looking on the bright side, the demise of Enterprise made way for JJ's extremely enjoyable reboot.

Plus Enterprise is the only bit of the Trek timeline not F'd in the A by Nero's meddling!

And Admiral Archer lives on at age 158!

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

Well, technically more like his 140s...though his birth year was never explicitly stated on-screen during the show's run, it's commonly conjectured he was born in either 2109 or 2110.

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

According to Memory Alpha, Archer was born in 2112, which would make him 146 during the Nero crisis of 2258.

@KingDaniel - I don't think that the cancellation of Enterprise opened the door for the reboot... I believe it would have happened anyway. The primary reason for it is the failure of the movies, I think. And Nemesis failed pretty spectacularly, when you think about it.

@JiNX-01 - That's the spirit!

13. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

AMEN!

14. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny. That's what most Star Trek fans think about Enterprise in general. :lol:

15. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I'm going to relive the goodness by watching Terra Prime at 8 p.m. Thursday. And unlike last time, I'll stop at 9 p.m. :)

16. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

17. Middleman

And HR wonders why I call them boobs.

18. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

I'd appreciate it if you would. (Truly.)

Are you saying that they simply hate Enterprise?

I actually enjoyed These Are The Voyages, for the most part. I didn't like that a lot of details were wrong, that the story seemed rather pointless, or - especially - that Tucker was killed. But I liked it much more than I did most of the fourth season. (I mostly enjoyed the first season of Enterprise, and largely enjoyed the second (though, on average, much less), but felt the series lost quality with each passing year.) It wasn't a very good episode, but it wasn't so terrible as I thought Terra Prime was, either.

19. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

[​IMG]

Another 5th-anniversary fan bashapalooza? Seriously? C'mon, people.

I'm not merging them, because there was even more vitriol in the first one. But you're not doing much better here. :mad: Quit the sniping and name-calling asap, or this thread gets clanged.

JiNX has the right idea. I suggest you follow her lead.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Read THE GOOD THAT MEN DO and then TATV won't suck as much. Once you know the "truth" about that episode.