The "Party like it's 1999" thread.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by PKTrekGirl, Dec 2, 2003.

1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Well, that was pretty much the point of THIS thread, as I assumed admiralelectron would want season 7's closed. ;)

I'll leave one of them open so that everyone can play, and the folks in Europe ond Oz can participate as they get their DVD's. Don't know which one yet, though.

2. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I didn't buy S7 yet.

I have the money, but if I wait til Friday, I get 10,000 extra points at Suncoast AND triple points.

So I waited a few days.

Just as well, I had a killer headache for the last two days. :(

But I can't wait to get that last set. At LAST, I'll have my two favorite Treks (TOS and DS9) on dvd! :)

3. kevsthaman

kevsthaman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I would've done too had it not been for an extra triple points weekend I was made aware of at the end of October. And here I was with an extra $100 too. Doggone it :lol: Well, it's only a day away for you! Enjoy!! ;)

OOOOH!! You fiend!! :mad: Where's my bat'leth??? How could you....

*tastes gagh w/new seasoning*

Hmm, not bad. I guess we can hold off the execution this time :cool:

4. Robotech Master

Robotech Master Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're lucky T'Bonz.

TOS and DS9 are also my two favorite Treks.

5. Judas Ascendant

Judas Ascendant Commodore Commodore

Has anyone seen my tribble? If it gets some food we're all going to be in a lot of trouble.

6. BlackDog

BlackDog Vice Admiral Admiral

Was that what it was? I think I ate it.

Black Dog xxx

7. PKTrekGirl

Well, I'm just excited that the wait is over and I don't have to fork out loads of money for expensive DVD sets anymore. If I get VOY, it will be an "extra"...not a requirement. And the only sets that are as expesive as Trek are The X-Files....and they are reaching the end of that series...and the seasons I don't really like in any event.

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Actually I think that now that I don't have to spend loads of money on DS9 I think I'm gonna start getting B5 next year. :)

9. PKTrekGirl

Good plan, BigFoot! A wise course of action indeed! :D

10. Guest

Guest Guest

As one of those newbies, let me extend my heartfelt thanks for welcoming me and enhancing my introduction to the best Trek ever to grace any screen. I can't believe what I'd missed (both on the screen and on this board!) Cheers to you all.

Quark, I'll have a scotch - neat - and pints of ale for all my mates!

Regards...

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

It is, isn't it? :D It's been a couple of years since I've watched B5 so I'm really forward to seeing it again. And hopefully I'll be able to get my g/f to watch it with me. :)

12. PKTrekGirl

^ Well, IMO, B5 is a very "girl friendly" series...especially once season 2 starts. The character of Delenn is one that alot of women would choose as a role model...and let's face it, Bruce Boxleitner is sooooo cute! :p ;) Plus, the 'shipper that is buried deep in every girl (just about) gets drawn in by the Sheridan/Delenn thing. B5 does 'ships ALOT better than Trek, IMO.

And then we have Marcus Cole starting in season 3. Godda love Marcus Cole! :p :lol:

Personally, I think it might be easier for your girlfriend to relate to B5 than to DS9....unless she is one who is already into Trek.

And Farscape is another girl-friendly scifi show, if you like that! :)

13. Pale_Moonlight

Pale_Moonlight Captain Captain

OK V you have convinced me I will be putting B5 on my must see or get DVD list! At this rate I'll be living off of Spam sandwiches but, at least I'll be well entertained in the process! :D

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Vash, honestly I think that if she'll give B5 a chance she'll like it. She never cared for DS9 much, she was always a TNG fan. But then we watched all of DS9 about a year ago. And she really liked it and she actually admits that it's better from certain points of view. She still prefers TNG, but hey, that's ok. Anyway, I think if she got into watching B5 she'll like it. The only problem is that when I get it, I'll have to make sure I only watch it with her, cos otherwise she's going to be confused. :) So yeah, I expect I'll be getting some Buffy, Angel or Alias on DVD this x-mas (hopefully I'll get 2 sets :D). So I'll have that to watch for a while. After that I think I might get B5. :D Actually...now that I think about it. I have my birthday coming up in february, so I'm probably gonna get 2 or 3 seasons of B5 for myself (from my parents). Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. :D

15. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Okay, I've never even seen B5. What it's like?

16. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

After finishing buying DS9 I'm gonna finish buying Ranma½ (bought the two first series already, so that leaves me five to buy), then I'm going to buy Stargate SG-1. I have only seen one episode of the series, but I felt in i that it had a certain...something, a quality to use a word, that I enjoyed and I think I will like the series a great deal.

Then I'll maybe try Babylon 5. I dunno, it never really got to me when watching some of it on TV, but I feel I have to give it a serious try at least.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

It's great. It's got good characters, awesome stories and is even more arc-based then DS9. While I don't love it as much as I love DS9, B5 is still one of my fav shows of all times. Honestly, as long as you watch it open-mindedly and at least watch all of S1, you will like it.

18. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Is it on TV somewhere or can I rent it from somewhere before deciding if I should buy the DVD's?

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ No clue, but other people on this board might know.

20. Pale_Moonlight

Pale_Moonlight Captain Captain

^ I don't know about watching on TV however, if you want to rent it I believe you can rent it at NetFlix.Com but, you have to be a member. I believe you can rent as many movies each month for $20. They do have a free trial going right now. Here is the link if you want to check them out. Netflix.com