THE ORVILLE Season Three...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Serveaux, May 11, 2019.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Qonundrum likes this.
  3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Not necessarily. I've known several couples who freaked out in the first few months of marriage only to end up very happy. There can be a serious adjustment period. :rommie:

By the way, there's a release date for the Season 2 DVDs: December 10th.

Markonian, Shaka Zulu and Admiral2 like this.
  4. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

I doubt that.

5. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

6. RJDiogenes

And Season 2 has arrived-- at half the price I ordered it for.

Velocity, Qonundrum and Markonian like this.
  7. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

That's often the case but it's not impossible. Depends on both circumstances and how they deal with it. Am glad they're trying to work it out, but depending on circumstances we'd all handle a relationship differently. In most cases there's no wrong way (violence being an obvious exception...)

8. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Which may not be a good thing, especially if it's dropped due to estimated number of customers dropping, FOX did sell the franchise to Hulu. Could be many reasons; unless product quality drops I don't see many reasons to complain.

It's still a shame the show isn't on Blu-Ray.

9. RJDiogenes

It actually seems to happen a lot when you order stuff way in advance. I don't think it's a reason to worry.

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Price drops? Yeah, that happens all the time with Amazon. Even with pre-orders, if you pre-order something and the price goes down after you pre-ordered, Amazon refunds you however much the price went down by.

11. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. When I was preordering boxsets years ago, this was a common thing. Amazon is good like that.

12. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

As summarized by JP/Egostatic Funtime, Actress Kyra Santoro (Ensign Turco) said on her Instagram that "Orville" Season 3 will premiered sometime in late 2020. They'll be filming Season 3 all the way to June.

Other details:

4:17 "We'll be learning more about the Krill" - so possibly more guest starring role from Teleya?

5:24 S3 will not be going where we all expected it to go.

My theory: Orville and its crew will be stuck in another AU created from the final minutes of 'The Road Not Taken' and they'll spend the first half of the season trying to get back into the right timeline - which is likely only be achieved in the middle of the season.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Jayson1 and Admiral2 like this.
  13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think they're going alternate timeline. Simply put, there's just no narrative reason to change the show so radically.

14. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I like time travel and alternative realities, we have main reality yet to explore. We left at enough of a crossroads with a huge mess on our hands with the Kaylons, the Krill and the Moclans. The Road Not Taken was just that, a temporary view for the audience of a catastrophic way we could have gone, perhaps to appreciate the otherwise dark place where the Union is at, but that still means where we are going isn't a walk in the park.

But not going where we expect it would go will be a difficult. I'm expecting this season to go everywhere. The show hasn't exactly shied away from doing that. So far the showrunners have managed to surprise me even when going exactly where I anticipated them to go (like Identity, pt. 1); I expected Isaac to turn into a killer robot since his first appearance on the show, and yet I was caught off-guard when the army of them appeared after we walked through the door marked with multiple signs reading “Warning, killer robots inside”.

picardjean-luc and The Wormhole like this.
  15. mredom

mredom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

California's population is not shrinking, although it is growing at a slower rate.

16. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which is not altogether a bad thing.

17. picardjean-luc

Newcomer cast member Anne Winters, who will be playing Ensign Charley Burke - 'The Orville's' new Navigator- has posted some pictures from the set of "Orville's" Season 3:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/33037890

Looks like a scene from a Western holo...ahem....simulator-based episode.Will they be remaking "A Fistful of Datas" with Isaac as the leading role?? :guffaw::hugegrin::hugegrin:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  18. Serveaux

Wow, she's pretty.

19. picardjean-luc

Indeed :drool::drool:. Seth certainly has a good eye for actresses recruited to star his sci-fi series ;);).

I wonder whether she will become Gordon or Lamarr's new love interest. Lamarr currently is 'involved casually' with Ensign Turco (Kyla Santoro - another hottie), but he might decide to settle on the ship's new navigator.

Or she could be Lieutenant Dann's love interest as well. The guy deserves a break after he unsuccesfully chased Alara last season ;);):beer:.

20. Serveaux

Or maybe she's, you know, the navigator character. The show does its share of romances, but as in the cases of Gordon and the security officer and Kelly's boyfriend and Mercer's girlfriend these are generally stories about the regular for which guest stars are introduced to provide the romantic element.